Black Panther: Wakanda Forever Trailer Online

JayC

Marvel Studios has released the trailer for Black Panther: Wakanda Forever after showing it at SDCC this evening. I expect the Hasbro Marvel Legends movie figures from this one to be revealed tomorrow at the Hasbro SDCC booth.

The movie opens in theaters on November 11, 2022.

You can just feel Queen Ramonda's sadness at the loss of not only her son but her husband and now Wakanda is facing persecution and racism from the other nation. That one line of dialogue is all we needed. With Namor, I look forward to exploring this take on Atlantis and the incorporation of Aztec culture.

Whoa I'm actually surprised by that Trailer, despite clearly Chadwick not being in this movie as the only bummer, this trailer made this film look really good and exciting, full of pain and passion, and some really awesome battles, I'm really currently on board with this, I actually watched the trailer twice, looks like this has massive potential and they are really going to hit some notes here, still wish we saw T'Challa re-cast, but hey clearly we can see they can do this movie without it's star and make it compelling, also yeah.....someone is BP, still thinking it's going to be Shuri it only makes sense. Or....what if T'Challa has a son before his death? or a son that was secret, we see a whole bunch of pregnant and childbirth stuff, Who knows maybe Storm is going to get a reveal in this movie? they had a kid in some timeline named Azari (?), or maybe he has a kid with Nakia?

• 5 weeks later...

I'll put this is a link but there is what Iron Heart "upgraded" suit MAY look like. I like it. It gives her a more unique look then the second "I'm a female Iron man" suit she had in the comics. Maybe for her own series, she will get her pink and black suit.

https://www.reddit.com/r/MarvelLegends/comments/wvdacg/first_look_at_ironhearts_upgraded_armor_design_in/

• 1 month later...

I really really love the direction they've taken with Marvel-Atlantis; It's a brilliant way to differentiate it from DCs Atlantis. Also, Huerta looks amazing in the headdress on the mag's cover. 

Any how, hasn't Namor been a mutant for a while now? I recall this info being revealed some years ago (ala his ankle-wings also not really being wings, but fish-like fins).

On 9/27/2022 at 10:10 PM, Air-Walker said:

I really really love the direction they've taken with Marvel-Atlantis; It's a brilliant way to differentiate it from DCs Atlantis. Also, Huerta looks amazing in the headdress on the mag's cover. 

Any how, hasn't Namor been a mutant for a while now? I recall this info being revealed some years ago (ala his ankle-wings also not really being wings, but fish-like fins).

He wasn't in the movies until now. He was just a half Atlantean. It wasn't until now that they confirmed he is a mutant in the movie. 

On 9/27/2022 at 4:10 PM, Air-Walker said:

I'm not 100 percent sure, but I think I heard them say that they wouldn't actually be Atlantean, but some other sunken civilization. Not sure if it's another mythological location or something they completely made up.

I'm not sure what the hubbub is about his mutant status. He's always been a mutant. Not like they just changed it for the MCU like they did Kamala.

Edit: The place is called Talocan which was said to be an Aztec paradise, but it was more like heaven rather than a underwater world. Weird choice.

On 9/28/2022 at 11:07 AM, monron999 said:

I'm not 100 percent sure, but I think I heard them say that they wouldn't actually be Atlantean, but some other sunken civilization. Not sure if it's another mythological location or something they completely made up.

I'm not sure what the hubbub is about his mutant status. He's always been a mutant. Not like they just changed it for the MCU like they did Kamala.

Edit: The place is called Talocan which was said to be an Aztec paradise, but it was more like heaven rather than a underwater world. Weird choice.

Hnn, yes, I just read this now. It is an interesting choice for sure. I suppose they're going as far out of their way as possible to avoid the Atlantis comparison with DC. But, the whole legend of Atlantis is so ingrained in popular culture though that I wouldn't be surprised if many people just assume it's Atlantis still but going by the name the inhabitants call it. Whatever the case, I just want to be entertained at the end of the day, and I do really like where they're going with the culture vibe and aesthetics.

Its too bad Marvel didn't get Namor and Atlantis out on screen before DC/Warner bros' movie (especially since the Sub-Mariner was Marvel's first superhero and debuted 3 years before Aquaman) ; I always thought Momoa's look (especially the eyebrows) lent him more to the Sub-Mariner than Aquaman. However what's done is done. It'll be interesting to see this Aztec-influenced Atlantis, but I'm already hoping for a reboot that puts it all closer to the Namor we know. I'm glad they gave him natural wings on his ankles, instead of those just being decorations on sandals or what not. 

The newest trailer for Black Panther: Wakanda Forever has been released.

In the film, Queen Ramonda (Angela Bassett), Shuri (Letitia Wright), M’Baku (Winston Duke), Okoye (Danai Gurira) and the Dora Milaje (including Florence Kasumba) fight to protect their nation from intervening world powers in the wake of King T’Challa’s death. As the Wakandans strive to embrace their next chapter, the heroes must band together with the help of War Dog Nakia (Lupita Nyong’o) and Everett Ross (Martin Freeman) and forge a new path for the kingdom of Wakanda. Introducing Tenoch Huerta as Namor, king of Talokan, the film also stars Dominique Thorne, Michaela Coel, Mabel Cadena and Alex Livinalli.

Black Panther: Wakanda Forever, directed by Ryan Coogler and produced by Kevin Feige and Nate Moore, opens in theaters November 11, 2022.

Wakanda-Forever-Trailer-2.jpg

On 10/3/2022 at 2:14 PM, JayC said:
The newest trailer for Black Panther: Wakanda Forever has been released.

In the film, Queen Ramonda (Angela Bassett), Shuri (Letitia Wright), M’Baku (Winston Duke), Okoye (Danai Gurira) and the Dora Milaje (including Florence Kasumba) fight to protect their nation from intervening world powers in the wake of King T’Challa’s death. As the Wakandans strive to embrace their next chapter, the heroes must band together with the help of War Dog Nakia (Lupita Nyong’o) and Everett Ross (Martin Freeman) and forge a new path for the kingdom of Wakanda. Introducing Tenoch Huerta as Namor, king of Talokan, the film also stars Dominique Thorne, Michaela Coel, Mabel Cadena and Alex Livinalli.

Black Panther: Wakanda Forever, directed by Ryan Coogler and produced by Kevin Feige and Nate Moore, opens in theaters November 11, 2022.

Wakanda-Forever-Trailer-2.jpg

take it that the deluxe you were talking about?

On 9/30/2022 at 1:26 AM, Atlantis said:

Its too bad Marvel didn't get Namor and Atlantis out on screen before DC/Warner bros' movie (especially since the Sub-Mariner was Marvel's first superhero and debuted 3 years before Aquaman) ; I always thought Momoa's look (especially the eyebrows) lent him more to the Sub-Mariner than Aquaman. However what's done is done. It'll be interesting to see this Aztec-influenced Atlantis, but I'm already hoping for a reboot that puts it all closer to the Namor we know. I'm glad they gave him natural wings on his ankles, instead of those just being decorations on sandals or what not. 

I'm pretty much of the same mindset, but that said, I'm still very excited about Namor in the MCU. I feel like I'm starting to get on terms with the whole origin shift, too. We don't really have another option anyway. 

Man this movie really looks good, as I've probably said many times, i was very skeptical about this whole thing, but from the moement I saw the first trailer I was onboard, it really looks like the took a lot into consideration to make this a good film (at least from the trailers) and does justice to the world of Wakanda minus it's great leader

and of course there we have it, Shuri suited up as Black Panther, no way that's not her in the costume, you can even see the mask has the same ceremonial paint as she has in one scene. The suit looks good, let's see how she holds up though.

On 9/29/2022 at 3:26 PM, Atlantis said:

Momoa could have been an interesting Namor, but I love the angle they went with the Namor casting.  And the Aquaman film was way over the top and had a very different feel than Wakanda Forever, so I don't think Aquaman coming out first will take anything away from Wakanda Forever. Aquaman felt more like a Fast and the Furious film, Wakanda Forever feels more like a James Bond film.

• 2 weeks later...

Check out a new behind-the-scenes featurette for Marvel Studios' Black Panther: Wakanda Forever, which opens in theaters November 11th, 2022.

In the film, Queen Ramonda (Angela Bassett), Shuri (Letitia Wright), M’Baku (Winston Duke), Okoye (Danai Gurira), and the Dora Milaje (including Florence Kasumba) fight to protect their nation from intervening world powers in the wake of King T’Challa’s death. As the Wakandans strive to embrace their next chapter, the heroes must band together with the help of War Dog Nakia (Lupita Nyong’o) and Everett Ross (Martin Freeman) and forge a new path for the kingdom of Wakanda. Introducing Tenoch Huerta as Namor, king of Talokan, the film also stars Dominique Thorne, Michaela Coel, Mabel Cadena, and Alex Livinalli.

Black Panther: Wakanda Forever stars Angela Bassett, Letitia Wright, Winston Duke, Danai Gurira, Lupita Nyong'o, Martin Freeman, Dominique Thorne, Florence Kasumba, Isaach de Bankole, Dorothy Steel, Danny Sapani, Michaela Coel, Tenoch Huerta

• 2 weeks later...