SDCC 2022 - Hasbro Marvel Legends Black Panther Wakanda Forever Wave Figure Images

JayC

On 9/21/2022 at 3:44 PM, monron999 said:Either way, I'm really over this argument. I just assumed you were too. I'm not saying this is right or wrong. I'm saying this is clear to me from my experience.

*slaps forehead*
Ummm, so this is the part where I embarrassingly admit that I misread the dates on your post. I just saw your response today and for some reason thought I read the date as having been posted yesterday, which is the only reason I replied. I don’t read these boards often and I thought it was odd that it had been so long before you replied, but I am apparently an internet illiterate. Though I’d rather admit that than anyone thinking I’ve been randomly stewing on this one topic for the last two months. I swear I will not post on the cursed BP Legacy wave ever again. 

On 9/21/2022 at 5:06 AM, DrZarnak said:

If we are talking Atlantean comics villains we’d like to see made as MLs, I second U-Man and Attuma, and I’d love a Krang as well. That glass helmet would look cool on a shelf.

The Sub-Mariner is one of those characters that could/should have an entire wave (no pun intended) but it hasn't been done. Pretty shabby treatment, for Marvel's first superhero (alongside of the original Human Torch). While I personally was never fond of this friction between him and the Black Panther, I guess if it wakes up the hasbro guys for a wave, I'm down.

1. Sub-Mariner
  2. Namorita
  3. Stingray
  4. Namora
  5. Tiger Shark
  6. Attuma
  7. U-Man   BAF Orka

On 9/21/2022 at 6:22 PM, glhshelby said:

*slaps forehead*
Ummm, so this is the part where I embarrassingly admit that I misread the dates on your post. I just saw your response today and for some reason thought I read the date as having been posted yesterday, which is the only reason I replied. I don’t read these boards often and I thought it was odd that it had been so long before you replied, but I am apparently an internet illiterate. Though I’d rather admit that than anyone thinking I’ve been randomly stewing on this one topic for the last two months. I swear I will not post on the cursed BP Legacy wave ever again. 

No problem. I do love to participate in fiery debates, but often get accused of taking the thread of subject, which is a fair claim. Not that I don't appreciate your opinion or knowledge, I just took it that we both had a say and left it at that and you had something better to do. Like I said, I spent a long time in the manufacturing business, 15 years too long, and the info I have is from what I know. Not to say every industry is the same, but from what I see they all follow the same general practices.

Again, this wave seems to have sold pretty well either way. I've only actually seen one lone BP on the pegs. Even though I do 90 percent of my shopping online and will probably end up doing all of it online when this stupid plasticless box goes full live I do make a habit of at least checking my local toy aisles and these things seem to be moving well, so scoreboard Hasbro.

On 9/22/2022 at 12:02 AM, Atlantis said:

The Sub-Mariner is one of those characters that could/should have an entire wave (no pun intended) but it hasn't been done. Pretty shabby treatment, for Marvel's first superhero (alongside of the original Human Torch). While I personally was never fond of this friction between him and the Black Panther, I guess if it wakes up the hasbro guys for a wave, I'm down.

1. Sub-Mariner
  2. Namorita
  3. Stingray
  4. Namora
  5. Tiger Shark
  6. Attuma
  7. U-Man   BAF Orka

He is indeed worthy of his own wave. As one of Marvel's OG characters he's been long disrespected to this point. However, in this time when Marvel/Disney/Hasbro intertwine so closely with how the toy line correlate with the movies and TV I really think they sat on this guy until they knew they could tie him in with some mass media recognition. I wouldn't be surprised if sometime soon after his appearance in the movie he will get a new push in the comics and most likely get a full wave.

I like your line up. The only thing I would change is maybe instead of Namora I would go with Marinna because not only were they married, but she would also go towards completing another classic team, and instead of Stingray, because I think he could easily be placed in an Avengers or Deadpool wave, I would go with Triton to get some rivals in there. I do like the thought of updating Tigershark off that stupid Hyperion mold though. This would be the perfect time.

And if they do Orka they gotta get it right. This goes out to you Hasbro. Orka is 11 ft tall. On a 1:12 scale that makes him 11 inches tall. Not shorter than the 9 ft tall Hulk. Let's not have another Sasquatch situation here. If you're concerned about plastic make him a bit more slender as they've showed him in more modern times. You have source material. Use it.

We told you about the new Marvel Legends Wakanda Forever Ironheart figure the other day and now thanks to sb_toyz we have nice in-hand images of the figure to share with you.

While the figure has yet to be officially announced by Hasbro and continues to seemingly slip out at retail, it looks like the official release for this one is going to be on or around October 1.

Marvel-Legends-Wakanda-Forever-Ironheart 1.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Wakanda-Forever-Ironheart 2.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Wakanda-Forever-Ironheart 3.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Wakanda-Forever-Ironheart 4.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Wakanda-Forever-Ironheart 5.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Wakanda-Forever-Ironheart 7.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Wakanda-Forever-Ironheart 8.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Wakanda-Forever-Ironheart 9.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Wakanda-Forever-Ironheart 10.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Wakanda-Forever-Ironheart.jpg

The color scheme and most of the figure look stellar, but those legs have me questioning the design team. I don't think any of her suits have had tree trunks like that and for the figure it's going to obliterate ankle movement. Either way, I'm excited to be getting another Wakanda Forever character, hopefully they reveal Shuri soon though that probably won't be until after the movie comes out for spoiler reasons.

I actually like this figure. It's better than I thought it would be. I like it in the sense that it's pretty accurate that it isn't so advanced that it is comparable to Stark's last armor. I know in the comics Riri was able to build an armor to rival Tony's in record time when it took Tony many years (at least 40 in real time) to get his armor to the point that he is here. In the movies it took him at least 10 years so I think it would only be fitting for Riri's armor journey to follow a similar path.

On 9/23/2022 at 11:32 PM, McHogan said:

Who boy.. thinking this figure will be easy to wait for a sale for...

is this a deluxe figure? That box looks like what we’ve seen for the recent 2 packs

It is a deluxe, this is just our first time seeing a Deluxe Windowless box of Marvel Legends

Target has listed the new Marvel Legends Wakanda Forever Deluxe Ironheart figure that had already started showing up at physical stores on their website. This figure IS NOT a Target exclusive and I believe along with the Deluxe Mojo figure will be made available everywhere later today. Probably at 6pm ET. The cost is $31.49.

This is NOT the figure we told you was listed on Amazon the other day using the codename Ft. Knox. That is another Marvel Legends Wakanda Deluxe figure coming from Hasbro which will also be a general release. That one will likely be revealed in late October or early November.

Ironheart-01.jpg

Ironheart-02.jpg

Ironheart-03.jpg

Ironheart-04.jpg

Ironheart-05.jpg

Ironheart-06.jpg

Ironheart-07.jpg

Ironheart-08.jpg

On 10/3/2022 at 9:26 PM, Cyke82 said:

Looks like there will be a non-Legends 6" with 5 points of articulation Shuri in an aircraft / ship.. just saw this listed in Amazon Brazil today

277483960_Screenshot_20221003-171952_AmazonShopping.thumb.jpg.3da8396fe3f5f7dab73d7034edb40f1e.jpg

Looks more like a Landspeeder than anything else, especially as she doesn't even fit in the cockpit