Cheapest Repaint Line That Could Succeed?

Chunkylover

On 1/20/2024 at 7:23 PM, Chunkylover said:

I don’t know who you Trickshot or Blazing Skull, but they sound neat.

It’s nice that it would be possible to give collectors some figures they’ve been waiting for, with little overhead.

I think a line like that would do well. Iron Man as an anchor. Nice diversity between male/female and hero/villain.

Trickshot was basically the bad guy version of Hawkeye, and wore red, he was Clint's older Brother, Barney Barton.

Blazing Skull was a golden age character when Marvel was Timely comics, he was basically prototype Ghost Rider, he has a weird origin where he was a news reporter who found a race of Skull head people who chose him to be their champion and trained him blah blah

spacer.pngspacer.png

On 1/22/2024 at 11:11 AM, AndyL said:

Those are pretty cool. They would be some easy makes. The only one I think I would change is maybe the D-Man recipe. The whole thing about him is he was a bigger guy. Wasn't it? Not that it make a difference these days since it's clearly apparent Marvel seems to be actively going back and retconning the characters' physical statistics to match the MCU. I guess. But that was kind of the thing during his FA. He was basically a bigger dude wearing a costume modeled after his favorite heroes. DD and Wolverine. I'd say maybe the Odinson model would work better. Or at the very least the Reaper model. Not being nitpicky because it wouldn't matter either way. Hasbro would just do what Hasbro does. But it might be nice for them to get it right sometime.

Yeah D-Man was bigger, obviously the recipe would be better with a larger buck, and sure sub the DD buck out, I was just trying to make it as easy to visualize as possible, Odinson buck would probably be better, so Yeah go with that.

3iaksjuNvLRP7yLu5TpUaK-1200-80.jpg

Something Dark Avengers related. Hawkeye and Spider-Man in particular would be fairly easy to make from existing molds and a new head for the former (and maybe throw in that unmasked Bullseye head from the recent three pack too). I'd say repaint/slight retool of Extremis Iron Man into Iron Patriot as well (once again with the Retro Norman Osborn unmasked head thrown in), but I guarantee that's already in the works.

On 1/23/2024 at 2:07 PM, watanabefan said:

3iaksjuNvLRP7yLu5TpUaK-1200-80.jpg

Something Dark Avengers related. Hawkeye and Spider-Man in particular would be fairly easy to make from existing molds and a new head for the former (and maybe throw in that unmasked Bullseye head from the recent three pack too). I'd say repaint/slight retool of Extremis Iron Man into Iron Patriot as well (once again with the Retro Norman Osborn unmasked head thrown in), but I guarantee that's already in the works.

This literally would be the definition of a re-paint wave that would succeed, how were you the first to think of this?, literally this wave could be previously released figures no changes at all, and a few actual just re-paints, and just give them an additional unmasked head or not

On 1/24/2024 at 11:52 AM, leokearon said:

I'm surprised they haven't done a Hydra Four gift set with Militant, Hammer, Tactical Force and Bowman.

peter_parker_29_and_hydra_four_29_from_a

Yeah really, that again is like literally some of the easiest re-paints, and more then likely people why buy it, but then again, for the fact that a lot of people don't even know about this, and kids likely not buying it, it may be a discounter in the end, Do people really want Green Avengers?

On 1/24/2024 at 6:59 PM, Lord_Scareglow said:

Yeah really, that again is like literally some of the easiest re-paints, and more then likely people why buy it, but then again, for the fact that a lot of people don't even know about this, and kids likely not buying it, it may be a discounter in the end, Do people really want Green Avengers?

Maybe, maybe not. But 4 brand new characters and Hydra goons and being a complete team, might appeal to some people

On 1/24/2024 at 1:59 PM, Lord_Scareglow said:

It really is hard to predict what will sell to both collectors and kids. The economy is not helping, too. It's taking me longer to raise funds to get some of the figures that I really want, and even that is cut back from my peak of buying everything. And that was a long time ago.

Nostalgia sells to collectors. I'm not sure what sells outside of that market. I would think the big four Avengers would sell well, but maybe between economic factors and kids who grew up on the movies being in college now....

On 1/25/2024 at 12:15 PM, Chunkylover said:

It really is hard to predict what will sell to both collectors and kids. The economy is not helping, too. It's taking me longer to raise funds to get some of the figures that I really want, and even that is cut back from my peak of buying everything. And that was a long time ago.

Nostalgia sells to collectors. I'm not sure what sells outside of that market. I would think the big four Avengers would sell well, but maybe between economic factors and kids who grew up on the movies being in college now....

I'm sure even Hasbro would love to be able to predict what would sell to everyone,