Let's Talk Silver Surfer & Incredible Hulk Retro Card Waves

Lord_Scareglow

So with the retro waves Super Heroes, X-Men, Spider-Man, Fanastic Four, and now Iron Man, with hopes Ghost Rider is next, there are still a few we could potentially see in the future two mainly being Silver Surfer and Incredible Hulk, with that in mind, what are some of the hopes for these, both have great possibilities because they seem like two retro card waves we could see in the near future.

spacer.pngspacer.png

here's my thoughts on what we could see , or would like to from Retro Carded Silver Surfer and Hulk waves

Silver Surfer (Retro card wave)

1. Silver Surfer (on new buck. a bigger taller buck, more accurate)
2. Shalla Bal (trying not to step on the Haslab Frankie's toes, by instead including Norrin's love, who is pretty important to him)
3. Classic Beta Ray Bill
4. Classic Drax
5. Classic Adam Warlock
6. Pip The Troll

Incredible Hulk (Retro card wave)

1. Bruce Banner
2. Doc Samson
3. Zzzax
4. Absorbing Man (new buck)
5. Smart Hulk
6. Classic She-Hulk

7. Deluxe Classic Abomination

tell me what you think, who you would imagine being in one of these waves, or would love to see?

On 7/27/2022 at 1:34 PM, MODADDYDODOK said:

I dig it.
For your Surfer wave, I’d throw Nebula in place of Shalla Bal.

And the Hulk wave, I’d throw Leader (orange/black costume) in place of She-Hulk.  
Just because I wanna see her hit the retro Superheroes card.

Hey good call on Nebula, I don't know why I didn't think of that instantly over Shalla Bal, but I was thinking about the figures that got released in that series, Nebula wasn't one of them (of course neither was Shalla), But yes Classic Nebula would be a key winner in that wave.

I can see both getting at least one retro wave...

for Surfer wave the only figure I’d want is Cap’n Reptyle.. outside of Ron Lim’s Incredible art, this character really stood out for me. The old Lizard BAF is a great place to start...

my only other Surfer wants, FireLord and Nova are on the way.

for Hulk my only must get characters are Major Talbot or General Ross ( how has neither been made when we’ve gotten a J Jonah Jameson, ) I’d take a Zzazzx , Tyrannus, or a please for the love of Harpy give us a Hulk in Tighty Purple speedos., this will literally be the last Hulk I ever have to buy

On 7/31/2022 at 12:29 PM, MODADDYDODOK said:

I’d be way happier with it over the Sunfire buck, that’s for sure. But he should stand a bit taller still I think.

Does Hasbro have a slightly bigger buck with butterfly joints? I don't think they do but they should definitely make one. And a brand new Silver Surfer would be the perfect opportunity to do it.

On 7/31/2022 at 10:48 PM, McHogan said:

..please for the love of Harpy give us a Hulk in Tighty Purple speedos., this will literally be the last Hulk I ever have to buy

Yeah, Hulk with purple trunks is my most wanted version of him, by far. And that  could be an easy base for Bi-Beast and maybe Ironclad.

But anyway, I’d imagine we’d see the Joe Fix-it buck be redeco’d for one of these cards. Probably retro Wendigo too.

On 8/1/2022 at 12:08 AM, Emnems80 said:

Does Hasbro have a slightly bigger buck with butterfly joints? I don't think they do but they should definitely make one. And a brand new Silver Surfer would be the perfect opportunity to do it.

Hmm none come to mind. But ya I definitely agree with ya on that! He and Vision could really use that extra attention.

On 8/1/2022 at 7:12 PM, Emnems80 said:

Definitely Vision! Both Classic Surfer and Retro Vision are both way over $50 on the secondary market. Time for Hasbro to fix that!

Well there *is* that one that’s locked behind the eater of worlds ha but even then, I’m still hoping he’ll show up on the retro F4 or Superheroes card with a new buck.
 But Vision was just way more wrong than right imo. Mine has been sitting in a box for months on end ready to put up for sell, which I finally did yesterday… for haslab purposes 👀. But anyway, besides being too little, I never grew to like his paint scheme + the briefs that ran down onto his legs too far. Looks weird.

On 8/1/2022 at 7:46 PM, MODADDYDODOK said:

Well there *is* that one that’s locked behind the eater of worlds ha but even then, I’m still hoping he’ll show up on the retro F4 or Superheroes card with a new buck.
 But Vision was just way more wrong than right imo. Mine has been sitting in a box for months on end ready to put up for sell, which I finally did yesterday… for haslab purposes 👀. But anyway, besides being too little, I never grew to like his paint scheme + the briefs that ran down onto his legs too far. Looks weird.

The retro Vision I originally bought to use as a possible custom for Superman. I never got around to it so I sold it about two years ago. Since then I decided to start building a classic comic Avengers shelf and wished I still had it lol. But a new release would be awesome for that.

Seeing some of the SDCC reviews some have said they were disappointed in the paint on the HasLab Surfer. Hopefully an F4 retro version would have a brighter more metallic paint app.

• 4 weeks later...