Did Hasbro Tease A New Marvel Legends Orb Figure During Comic-Con?

JayC

Last week during San Diego Comic Con we told you how Hasbro held some virtual Q&A sessions in their booth with Marvel Legends brand team member Dwight Stall since he wasn't able to make it out to San Diego in person. And in one of those sessions, like has become customary with the Marvel Legends team they teased an upcoming figure by showing off an accessory for it. The accessory shown which you can see below is a rather unique blaster which you can see below.

So who could this weapon belong to? Well thanks to tarot for putting together this list of possible candidates the weapon could belong to.

First we have a Trapster who is probably the most recognizable villain among the possible candidates. He has appeared in a number of titles over the years including Spider-Man, Captain America, Fantastic Four and Avengers. While his weapon of choice is similar looking to the one Dwight showed, I don't feel its close enough to be for the figure that was being teased here. I think there is a good chance we could see a Trapster figure incorporated into the line sooner or later, but just not feeling that is was was being teased here.

Next up we have a classic Ghost Rider villain who goes by the name Orb, best known for the big eyeball helmet he wears. Not only would a Ghost Rider villain seem possible since it is Ghost Rider's 50th Anniversary this year, I also think the gun he uses is the closest match to the one held up by Dwight.

The final candidate we have is named Chemistro. This Heroes For Hire Villain has had several people assume the identity. The Curtis Carr version seems to have used a weapon similar to the one Dwight held up but I still think Orb's is a closer match and seems more likely to be getting the action figure treatment. I mean who doesn't like a guy with a big eye ball for a head???

Marvel-Legends-Orb-Teaser.jpg

I think all three have a pretty good shot. First off, with the recent reveals of Human Fly and Razorback, they're surely digging deep into Spidey's rogues gallery, but as it's Ghost Rider's 50th I think Orb has the highest probability. Of course, I wouldn't be all that disappointed by any of them.

As far as how well he would sell? Well he's a new character and someone they've never done before so I suppose he'd sell as well as Rock Python, Tigershark or White Rabbit, which from what I saw, sold fair to decent. I certainly saw a lot less of them left on the shelves than Blackagar Boltigon.

Of course, he could also just be a tier for the Haslab project.

On 7/27/2022 at 6:05 PM, Air-Walker said:

OMG the Orb would be so hilariously ridiculously awesomer than awesome! Lol. Force-willing he comes with his cycle! Even when I was a very young kid in the 70s I thought the Orb looked stupid....but, now I think he's the awesome type of stupid 😄

The more stupid looking the character the more I want him. Hell the best of the sdcc reveals to me was Human Fly and Razorback

I really hope out of these 3 it is Orb, I have hoped one day we'd see an Orb, I love the weirdos more then anything, one of my favourite things about the Legends team is that they actually do once in a while go and dig deep, case in point recently with Human Fly and Razorback, and hooking us up with D'Spayre was a winning moment. I'd buy a HasLab that was just every member of Serpent Society we don't have.

On 7/27/2022 at 2:11 PM, Lord_Scareglow said:

I really hope out of these 3 it is Orb, I have hoped one day we'd see an Orb, I love the weirdos more then anything, one of my favourite things about the Legends team is that they actually do once in a while go and dig deep, case in point recently with Human Fly and Razorback, and hooking us up with D'Spayre was a winning moment. I'd buy a HasLab that was just every member of Serpent Society we don't have.

I think comic characters are where they have their strongest showings. At least one of them seems to have some deep knowledge of Marvel comic history. Although I'm sure they're proud of most of the stuff they do I wonder if they find having to do as many movie/TV products as they do as tiresome and repetitive as a lot of us fans do. They have to, right? 

On 7/27/2022 at 6:10 PM, tarot said:

The more stupid looking the character the more I want him. Hell the best of the sdcc reveals to me was Human Fly and Razorback

I think it's part of being a long time collector, you get more interested in the nobodies than the somebodies.  I really want Razorback for my Misfits team

I'm 100% with the long time collectors and others who want more C and D list heroes and villians. Heck, I'd be happy if they gave us all three of those old villians. Now if I can just interest the Hasbro Team in giving me Graviton and Meteor Man! Oh yeah, and Grasshopper and Mr. Immortal!