More Walgreens Exclusive Marvel Legends Villain Figures Coming After Sentry

JayC

On 8/11/2022 at 5:09 AM, GrtWhiteCustoms said:

So I stopped reading comics around the time Sentry appeared. I thought he was a long forgotten HERO!! What made him become a villian? Is he really a villian? I'm so lost. 

Now Hasbro...bring on Madame Masque!

He is a hero, but he has a dark side called the Void, basically tries to undo the good the Sentry does.

• 2 months later...

I went ahead and ordered this today, although I feel kind of foolish because I finally just bought the last Hasbro version a few months ago on ebay (before this figure was announced of course). I have a couple of ideas of how to use that Void alternate head.

I also still have a couple of different variations from the Toy Biz one. They had a normal and a variant and then I think they did a running change to both that altered the color of his uniform as well. I can't remember which was which but there was bright yellow and a mustard color. At one point I had all 4 versions of that one but I just kept the 2 that I liked best. It used to be so fun to try to find the different versions in physical stores back then. Ahh, memories. I rarely even look for toys at retail anymore unless I know someplace is running a clearance deal. Of course now with the windowless packaging I don't want to bother with the physical stores at all anyway.

On 10/25/2022 at 2:33 PM, Reno said:

I went ahead and ordered this today, although I feel kind of foolish because I finally just bought the last Hasbro version a few months ago on ebay (before this figure was announced of course). I have a couple of ideas of how to use that Void alternate head.

I also still have a couple of different variations from the Toy Biz one. They had a normal and a variant and then I think they did a running change to both that altered the color of his uniform as well. I can't remember which was which but there was bright yellow and a mustard color. At one point I had all 4 versions of that one but I just kept the 2 that I liked best. It used to be so fun to try to find the different versions in physical stores back then. Ahh, memories. I rarely even look for toys at retail anymore unless I know someplace is running a clearance deal. Of course now with the windowless packaging I don't want to bother with the physical stores at all anyway.

You are remembering correctly. There was a bearded and non-bearded version for both the bright yellow and the mustard yellow. Both head sculpts were way above what ToyBiz was doing at the time. I’d go as far as saying they are on par with the best Hasbro has given us. The knock, after all this time, is the over-articulation. Absolutely no need for toe and individual finger articulation. 

I too have a great memory of finding these in stores but there wasn’t much of a search for me. I was out of town for work and stopped at a WalMart. The entire Giant-Man wave was there including all 4 Sentry’s and the burnt up AOA Wolverine. I bought nearly everything they had. Such a great day. ( and at the old ToyBiz prices to boot)!!

I bought 2 of the Walgreens exclusives just now. For the first time since Silver Centurion my timing was right and I logged onto this site to see the notification that they were available. 2 because my last few Walgreens orders were kicked, sat on, and squished. The one in best shape gets a forever home, the other gets returned. Hasbro doesn’t get my extra cash anymore...

I ordered one for store pickup.  I've had luck with that in the past with the exclusives, but I'm kinda skeptical in this case because when checking out the item says "Marvel Legends Series Marvel Legends Series Marvels Sentry Black Panther" so I'm half expecting it's gonna be one of the Wakanda Forever figs that ends up being pulled.

On 10/25/2022 at 4:32 PM, McHogan said:

You are remembering correctly. There was a bearded and non-bearded version for both the bright yellow and the mustard yellow. Both head sculpts were way above what ToyBiz was doing at the time. I’d go as far as saying they are on par with the best Hasbro has given us. The knock, after all this time, is the over-articulation. Absolutely no need for toe and individual finger articulation. 

I too have a great memory of finding these in stores but there wasn’t much of a search for me. I was out of town for work and stopped at a WalMart. The entire Giant-Man wave was there including all 4 Sentry’s and the burnt up AOA Wolverine. I bought nearly everything they had. Such a great day. ( and at the old ToyBiz prices to boot)!!

I bought 2 of the Walgreens exclusives just now. For the first time since Silver Centurion my timing was right and I logged onto this site to see the notification that they were available. 2 because my last few Walgreens orders were kicked, sat on, and squished. The one in best shape gets a forever home, the other gets returned. Hasbro doesn’t get my extra cash anymore...

Ahhhhh, those were the says, weren't they? Back when figure swapping was much harder, the waves were a diverse selection of characters from all over the Marvel Universe and there was only a spattering of movie figures throughout each wave. I remember this wave fondly. You actually needed to get the variant Burnt Wolvie to finish the BAF. I chased that damn thing up and down every WM in the much larger town I live in at the time. I didn't realize there was a total of 4 possibilities for Sentry. I just thought the bearded one had the brighter palette and the other had the darker. Still have me both.

Hard to believe, of all characters, this guy is on his 3rd. This one is the best. I got my 2 and getting ready for the barrage of product coming out the rest of this year and all throughout the next. Gonna be a good year. Expensive, yes, but I been saving my pennies.

On 10/25/2022 at 7:01 PM, monron999 said:

Ahhhhh, those were the says, weren't they? Back when figure swapping was much harder, the waves were a diverse selection of characters from all over the Marvel Universe and there was only a spattering of movie figures throughout each wave. I remember this wave fondly. You actually needed to get the variant Burnt Wolvie to finish the BAF. I chased that damn thing up and down every WM in the much larger town I live in at the time. I didn't realize there was a total of 4 possibilities for Sentry. I just thought the bearded one had the brighter palette and the other had the darker. Still have me both.

Hard to believe, of all characters, this guy is on his 3rd. This one is the best. I got my 2 and getting ready for the barrage of product coming out the rest of this year and all throughout the next. Gonna be a good year. Expensive, yes, but I been saving my pennies.

I honestly don’t think I enjoyed a wave more than the Giant-Man wave. A near perfect mix of classic, new and updated figures all needed to build the best BAF ToyBiz ever put out IMO. I stIll display GM with my current Hasbro figures.

if the rumored Avengers figures are on the way though, I could finally get a wave to challenge for the GM wave title of greatest yet. 

The rest of this year and next look to be expensive for me as well. With classics like Safari Jacket Wonderman, Sersi, Rambeau Captain Marvel, a potential wave could be f-bombing amazing