Looks Like Moon Knight Is Getting A Second Season On Disney+

JayC

Moon Knight executive producer/director Mohamed Diab and star Oscar Isaac in this TikTok video posted by Diab's daughter seemingly confirm that a second season of the Disney+ Moon Knight series is coming.

In the video Diab's daughter asks them if a second season is coming, and Isaac's response is, "Why else would we be in Cairo?"

I really was so taken back and disappointment with the first season and how they did most of it, sure the acting was great, but it felt nothing like Moon Knight to me, they leaned way to hard into the mystical magical elements of the story, which I really hoped Moon Knight would be a gritty more street oriented tale, I hope this second season gets into that, and moves away from the giant kaiju god battles and bumbling buffonery of Steven Grant, I'll be happy if we can get more of that 80'90's Moon Knight is a psycho street hero fighting weirdos like Morpheus and Black Spectre. Moon Knight literally was suited up and fighting for like 30 minutes of this entire show..and that was one of the issues..also don't get me started on english accent Egyptian cutsey hippo gods...

They pushed the first season about as far from the comic as they could and the result was something that was almost unrecognizable. Maybe they were worried he'd come off too much like the Batman or Daredevil, but if so, then they over corrected. The show IS Moon Knight and we need to SEE Moon Knight.

HATED this series and MK is one of my all time favorites. Only Eternals and MK have been on my “this is garbage” list ( I was able to justify enough of Shang Chi to except it for what it was.

there were good ideas in the non sense that was the first season. And Isaac’s portrayal of dissociative disorder was equal to James Mcavoy’s from Split, just a great portrayal. But the flying, the being stabbed by spears, the mummy suit, the hippo mascot, the MK screentime... ugh

and an announced 12 episodes? Good lord Disney, the first 6 were a chore to get through.. 

On 8/6/2022 at 1:58 PM, Atlantis said:

They pushed the first season about as far from the comic as they could and the result was something that was almost unrecognizable. Maybe they were worried he'd come off too much like the Batman or Daredevil, but if so, then they over corrected. The show IS Moon Knight and we need to SEE Moon Knight.

Yeah, the suit was the first problem. Then the super powers. And the invulnerability. And the turning back time. And the flying... this just wasn’t MK

On 8/8/2022 at 1:24 AM, McHogan said:

Yeah, the suit was the first problem. Then the super powers. And the invulnerability. And the turning back time. And the flying... this just wasn’t MK

well in actuality a ton of the wacky stuff has been pretty regular in the most recent comics, I agree though I was really not pleased with them going that direction in the show, if they wanted to take it to that magical god super battle evengelion stuff they could have waited for like season 3? Hahh, Moon Knight is my favourite Marvel Character I almost feel embarrassed saying that now thanks to what people saw with this show, I wish they just did the multiple personality psycho street vigilante thing that made Moony soooo good. Marvel Studios lost me on this one.

On 8/8/2022 at 1:39 AM, Lord_Scareglow said:

well in actuality a ton of the wacky stuff has been pretty regular in the most recent comics, I agree though I was really not pleased with them going that direction in the show, if they wanted to take it to that magical god super battle evengelion stuff they could have waited for like season 3? Hahh, Moon Knight is my favourite Marvel Character I almost feel embarrassed saying that now thanks to what people saw with this show, I wish they just did the multiple personality psycho street vigilante thing that made Moony soooo good. Marvel Studios lost me on this one.

MKs most often described as “Marvels Batman”. This show made him seem like he was closer in powers to SuperMan. 

The MCU doesn’t do street level very well. In the true MCU ( not counting the Netflix shows which ironically showcased street level heroes excellently) we have only Spider-Man ( following the events of No way home) and I guess since his recent D+ series, Hawkeye as non cosmic level heroes. 

Its odd that every hero in the MCU, whether they have access to Starks wealth or not, have suits that magically form on them. It made sense for Iron Man, and to an extent the first 2 Spider-Man films but why does MKs suit work that way?!? 

Yeah I don’t know. As a series on dissociative disorder, it made for an interesting character study. As a comic adaptation, it fails the source material immensely