Hasbro Marvel Legends Live-Stream For August 10 Coverage

JayC

On 8/10/2022 at 11:11 PM, tarot said:

But it wouldn't be the ultimate spiderman version. Ultimate spiderman  is a much younger and shorter version then the prime version. Beside they used this on the last ultimate spiderman so why would they use a bigger mold for the same character?

Yeah and it makes no sense because everyone in the set is not from the Ultimate Universe, it ain't even shattered dimensions game villains to justify it. If they are making Ultimate Spidey they should do him in the set with Ultimate guys like Goblin, Venom, Beetle  but not 616 villains.

On 8/10/2022 at 2:06 PM, SpiderS said:

I think if they just reused pinless Spider-Man from two pack but either in black costume or classic red/brighter blue and normal sized logo, it would have been a way better 5 pack and much hotter sales wise. The way it is it seems it will be going on clearance very soon.

This pack is indeed super lazy. A lot of us made that Silvermane using the headsculpt that came with Speed Demon (I think) and the Ultron that came in the Target exclusive 3 pack (I think) which was just a reuse of the Ultimate Beetle mold (I think) but I thought when they actually got around to doing a proper Silvermane they would actually do it, well.....proper. No such luck.

And I know there's a lot of back and forth on whether they did or did not used the Ultimate Spidey buck in this set but I assure you, it is. I don't ever recall either Ultimate Spidey wearing the black & white so why the hell they would use it here escapes me, other than to get a bit more use out of a mold they've only used 2.5 times before, but there it is. Admittedly I'm not as literate with the Ultimate Universe as I am with the Mainstream Universe so one or the other may well have worn it, so ill apologize in advance. But that would also mean they are mixing the 616 with the 1610 again like they did with the Spider-Man/Vulture 2 pack years ago. Mr. Falcon asleep on the job, again.

Molten Man is again, one of those ridiculously frustrating half-cocked, half-ayassed attempts by Hasbro on that freaking "throw it at everything" Sunfire buck. Seriously Hasbro, Stahl, Ting, Yun and especially you Mister Marvel Team Consultant Jessie Falcon, WTeffingF? How the hell do you mess that up? Do you not have access to your own freaking character database, cuz I can show you how to find it and even how to use it. Wiki has a pretty damn good one as well. Again, like Sandman and Hydro Man the Molten Man is in the 6'4" to 6'5", 245 to 260 lb range. You have molds to represent them and it would be very easy to use them. It's not like he's wearing clothes and needs a special buck. Why the hell you guys insist on riding this wagon till the damn wheels fall off just baffles me to no end. You've gotten more than enough use out of this thing, using it incorrectly everywhere from the 5'9", 150 lb soaking wet Pyro to the 6'4" 250 lb Silver Surfer. Put that isht to bed all ready. All it's doing is screwing everything up.

The saddest thing is I saw this piece coming a mile away. I really did. I saw that Fly and Razorback and I swear, I nudged my buddy and said, "now watch, they're gonna put it in a box set full of crappy repaints and make us have to buy the entire set to get those two." Almost like I wished it into existence.

I'm sick of it. I'm gonna wait this one out. I too can see this hitting clearance in short order like the Children of Thanos pack. And even if it don't I might just skip it altogether on principle alone.

Congrats to Robo for getting your figure. It really, really sucks that many of us will not get to enjoy it with you without having to take a massive barbed wire and broken glass suppository followed by an alcohol and battery acid enema first. Beyond frustrating.

D+ wave. Not my thing but I'll never complain about another chance to save money.

When they showed us The Fly and Razorback at SDCC, I thought it would be part of a retail wave, but there's enough never before made characters (four) in this pack to make me willing to buy yet another black suit Spider-man. BTW, he looks really small, like teenage Peter Parker or Miles Morales small, kinda odd.

On 8/10/2022 at 9:48 PM, Jormungand said:

When they showed us The Fly and Razorback at SDCC, I thought it would be part of a retail wave, but there's enough never before made characters (four) in this pack to make me willing to buy yet another black suit Spider-man. BTW, he looks really small, like teenage Peter Parker or Miles Morales small, kinda odd.

Yes because he is Ultimate Universe Peter Parker Spider-man, who was a much younger and smaller version of Spider-man.

Whoever is designing these 5-packs at Hasbro need to get. Not only do we get z-listers like Razorback and the Human fly. But Molten Man should not be a recolored retro wave Human Torch with a head that is too big for the body. Is Mark Raxton not supposed to be larger? And what is up with using the kid body for Spider-Man when they could have used any other Spider-Man related body. Was he not already an adult by the time he got the black suit in the main 616 universe? I really do not understand what was going through their heads.

On 8/10/2022 at 10:22 PM, Hogun said:

Whoever is designing these 5-packs at Hasbro need to get. Not only do we get z-listers like Razorback and the Human fly. But Molten Man should not be a recolored retro wave Human Torch with a head that is too big for the body. Is Mark Raxton not supposed to be larger? And what is up with using the kid body for Spider-Man when they could have used any other Spider-Man related body. Was he not already an adult by the time he got the black suit in the main 616 universe? I really do not understand what was going through their heads.

Even if you don't like the box set, NO ONE deserves to be fired because of that. And it's Ultimate Spider-man a smaller character.

Like I do with all reveals here is my opinions on each

• Amazon set- I know I'm alone in this but I really like these repaint/reuse sets. It gives us brand new characters that would probably peg warm otherwise. yes they're cheap looking but I don't care. New characters are new characters.
  • Molten Man - I agree with everyone. He is on the wrong build. Should have been at the Vulcan mold or at least the Cap Wolf mold if they were to reuse a mold. Well, at least he is better then that poop looking BAF I have standing in my display for this character.
  • Silvermaine - I get why people are upset about this one as we have all been doing it but don't forget not everyone was collecting at the time when the head was released and they had even less of a chance in finding that 3-pack. At least the arms are different. 
  • Ultimate Spider-man - I like the inclusion of this. It's on the RIGHT body and is in the right colors. they could have made it black but instead made it dark purple like in the comics. I particularly like this build that is totally underused.
  • Disney + Wave - I like the whole wave. I honestly think it's a rushed wave that the put together to fill the gap between this and the Secret Invasion / What if...? Series 2, The highlight for me is Woo and Khonshu. 

On 8/10/2022 at 3:27 PM, tarot said:

Ultimate spiderman  did wear the symbiote suit. 

https://images.app.goo.gl/PeyWJdFa9NiRtUAF6

Yeah, I figured as much, but then that begs the question, did he fight any or all of these guys in the suit, was it a quick one-off, or are they just throwing dog biscuits at the wall again to see what sticks? I suspect it's 1 percent chance for column A, 3 percent chance for column B and about a 99.9 percent chance for column C. I know the math don't make sense, but neither does a lotta crap they did in this 5 pack.

On 8/10/2022 at 11:10 PM, monron999 said:

Yeah, I figured as much, but then that begs the question, did he fight any or all of these guys in the suit, was it a quick one-off, or are they just throwing dog biscuits at the wall again to see what sticks? I suspect it's 1 percent chance for column A, 3 percent chance for column B and about a 99.9 percent chance for column C. I know the math don't make sense, but neither does a lotta crap they did in this 5 pack.

Nah. They just needed a Spider-man that was an easy repaint which this is. 

I for one am VERY EXCITED to get this Spidey set. Yes I agree with all the catterwalling about Silvermane and Molten Man...but RAZORBACK and HUMAN FLY(or the FLY...whatever he's called) are awesome. 

So I gotta get another Spidey for my grandson...ok. I'm in 100%

Now Bring on some new X-Men like OUTBACK PSYLOCKE and BANSHEE so I can throw my money at you Hasbro!

This boxed set is not for me, but I love that they are producing obscure characters... and easy for Hasbro since there is little tooling required. Love to see a list of fan suggested characters that could be done with existing bucks and little retooling. Like Dum Dum Dugan using the Doc Ock/Frogman buck...Powerman using the Hercules buck...Classic Drax using the Omega Red buck... Lady Mastermind using the AOA Shadowcat buck...Corsair, Riptide, Vertigo, Prism, Harpoon, Vanisher, Elixir, Kree, Adam Warlock, Avalanche could all be done with existing bucks.

On 8/11/2022 at 1:48 AM, Psychosomatic said:

This boxed set is not for me, but I love that they are producing obscure characters... and easy for Hasbro since there is little tooling required. Love to see a list of fan suggested characters that could be done with existing bucks and little retooling. Like Dum Dum Dugan using the Doc Ock/Frogman buck...Powerman using the Hercules buck...Classic Drax using the Omega Red buck... Lady Mastermind using the AOA Shadowcat buck...Corsair, Riptide, Vertigo, Prism, Harpoon, Vanisher, Elixir, Kree, Adam Warlock, Avalanche could all be done with existing bucks.

I give you credit for all of them....................except Avalanche. That would require a bit more tooling to be right, particularly the upper torso.

On 8/10/2022 at 11:47 AM, Kikipage1984 said:

So the head in a jar is Turg the moleoid from when he joined the future foundation…..wondering if it will be a new moleman or maybe a deluxe dragon man with turg

My moneys still on Leech/Artie head in that jar; that portraits straight from the comics.  Remember when they used Havok’s plasma effects like slime under Maggot’s maggots? They’re messing with us. 

On 8/11/2022 at 2:37 AM, EnSabbaNerd said:

My moneys still on Leech/Artie head in that jar; that portraits straight from the comics.  Remember when they used Havok’s plasma effects like slime under Maggot’s maggots? They’re messing with us. 

No no. that's definitely the Moloid Turg. https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Turg_(Moloid)_(Earth-616)

Turg_29_29_from_Future_Foundation_Vol_1_1_cover_0001.webp

On 8/10/2022 at 1:22 PM, Hogun said:

Whoever is designing these 5-packs at Hasbro need to get. Not only do we get z-listers like Razorback and the Human fly. But Molten Man should not be a recolored retro wave Human Torch with a head that is too big for the body. Is Mark Raxton not supposed to be larger?

That's a bit harsh....and I dont have a problem with using existing bucks, or minor re-tooling. For example, some characters have fairly basic, simple outfits (White Tiger, Firebrand, Dr. Spectrum, Eel). As long as its done right.

But this particular batch comes across as slap-dash; the blatant size errors, the price point...it all just feels lazy. Yeah, they included a figure never done before (the Fly) and he looks great, but in order to get him you have to get the drek too. Its like they're placing bets to see how much blah they can put out, and still have fans buy it. Its just taking the fans for granted. Then I'm listening to the stream and at the 13:08 point he says, "we strive together to make Legends better for everyone"...

Maybe you're not so harsh after all lol.

That 5 pack is a tough sell. At least the Wolverine Set was a much better use of repaints. That Callisto was brilliant ( body size aside), Wyngarde & Cyber were well done with little tooling as well. But this Spidey Set just seems lazy as many have said. 

Too bad for those wanting a Razorback and Human Fly..

the What If? Set annoys me. The show was “ok” at best and boring AF at worst. Why so many characters are getting Legends is frustrating to me as I’m still not 100% on board for an animated sub line. 

And this round of Zombies are phoned in. The Cap we got from the first wave was a work of art, really surprised me and he was one of my favorite from the series. But as someone already mentioned, new zombie heads on old bodies is lazy. Though Wanda’s crazy hair may make a great custom for her appearance in the old Nights of Wundagore storyline ( you know, the first time they turned her bad. Believe she was possessed by Chthon)

And really, the Marvel Zombies are really a sub line within this sub line...why even start giving us zombie versions if they can’t possibly give us every one of them. What’s the point of 3-4 zombies running around ?? 

Jimmy Woo : about time

old Loki: meh.. it’s not Hiddleston and this version kinda sucked. Maybe he’ll come with  Throg..

Red Skull: what makes this a What If? Figure? Looks exactly like the last MCU one I’ve got

He Who  remains: boring, actor in robes again. I’ll be getting him but can’t wait to see him as Kang

Howard: pass. Hasbro won’t get any more $$ for statues

Khonshu is ok and as others have pointed out could be comic version too..

I realized there was something smart the Legends team could have done for Zombie Iron Man.

Since the original MK 50 helmet was very badly designed, they could not have left Zombie Iron Man's neck exposed in the new upper torso, and they could also have designed new helmeted MK 50 head. That way, collectors could have used this figure's helmeted head to upgrade their previous MK 50.

On 8/10/2022 at 6:17 PM, McHogan said:

"That 5 pack is a tough sell.... But this Spidey Set just seems lazy as many have said....the What If? Set annoys me. The show was “ok” at best and boring AF at worst. Why so many characters are getting Legends is frustrating to me as I’m still not 100% on board for an animated sub line....He Who  remains: boring, actor in robes again..."

Yeah....compare how long it took to get a classic Dr. Strange or Firelord (and they still got em wrong), to the What If...? MCU figures. Madness.  The upside is though, I wont be spending money on any of these. Had they put in some effort I might have. The only figure that I have any interest in is the Fly. I'm not buying flotsam just to get to it though...either it gets re-released down the road sometime, or I just do without. I'm good either way.