Hasbro Marvel Legends Live-Stream For August 10 Coverage

JayC

On 8/17/2022 at 1:42 PM, monron999 said:

Much like many others I will also be waiting for these to go on sale.

I wish we could all approach it like this and show these guys that 2 kinda new characters and a buncha inaccurate kitbash repaints are not gonna do it for us anymore, especially at $25 each, even more for some of friends outside the US. I'm not opposed to mold re-use and it's ridiculous to expect every figure to have a unique sculpt, but this is just so lazy and such an obvious cash grab its actually embarrassing. At this point I'm over it. Two years ago the insistence to inundate every wave with every minor and bit part and boring character in any MCU project into the ML waves broke me out of my completionist compulsion and now it looks like these lazy, inaccurate, unmotivated, slapped together, mailed in efforts are gonna break me of my compulsion to collect all comic characters. Last year they caught me with the Wolverine pack cuz I really wanted Cyber and AoA Sabretooth, but at least they were on somewhat accurate bucks and Callisto actually fit really well with the 80's Storm mold, but with this set the lack of attention to detail is just too glaring. The sheer fact they used that infernal Sunfire buck on a long awaited character like Molten Man and the fact that Silvermane is nothing more than what many of us have already done on our own is unforgivable. Spidey on the Ultimate buck is not an issue. Despite his many, many costumes you can only do so much for him.

I agree with @leokearon that this shoulda been a wave and with a bit more R&D the MM shoulda been on the Reaper buck at the very least, they actually could have done Tarantula on the Sunfire buck they love so much, they probably coulda gotten away with doing Penny Parker on the Cuckoo/Nico mold and done Silvermane as the BAF. I woulda pre-ordered that post haste. I know in this MCU/Disney+/Gamerverse we're currently in the attitude is to take whatever traditional comic product they give us and I think that's the kind of corner they've backed us into. A coupla low effort multi-packs, a few decent yet heavily priced Deluxe packs, a buncha overpriced so-called retro editions and exclusives spattered here and there all throughout the year, and they think that'll keep us content. Naww, not for me, not anymore. If that's gonna be the case I'm in it only part-time too, just like them. From now on it's only what really appeals to me and what's an accurate representation, or possibly what's one sale. Based on what i used to purchase, which was basically 100 percent versus what I purchased last year and it looks like i will be purchasing this year I estimate a reduction of about 70 percent, which will most likely just go to other product from other companies cuz beyond G.I. Joe, which I was already doing, nothing else Hasbro is doing interests me. I sure do like the direction Mattel's Masterverse has been going lately. Maybe I'll have to check it out. My luck they'll just cancel it prematurely again just as it starts to get exciting.

They could have done this pack and the Venom pack as one wave and it would probably have sold better.

• 2 months later...

Shown below via sb_toyz are in-hand images for Hasbro's 4th wave of Disney+ themed 6" Marvel Legends figures which are available at our sponsors BigBadToyStore.com and Entertainment Earth.

This wave will include the following figures:

- Classic Loki (Loki Series)
- He Who Remains (Loki Series)
- Howard The Duck With Ant-Man Head (What If...?)
- Zombie Iron Man (What If...?)
- Zombie Scarlet Witch (What If...?)
- Red Skull (What If...?)
- Agent Woo (Vision And The Scarlet Witch)

And the Build-A-Figure for this wave will be Khonshu from the Moon Knight series.

Marvel-Legends-Disney-Plus-Wave-4 1.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Disney-Plus-Wave-4 2.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Disney-Plus-Wave-4 3.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Disney-Plus-Wave-4 4.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Disney-Plus-Wave-4 5.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Disney-Plus-Wave-4 6.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Disney-Plus-Wave-4 7.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Disney-Plus-Wave-4 8.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Disney-Plus-Wave-4 9.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Disney-Plus-Wave-4 10.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Disney-Plus-Wave-4 11.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Disney-Plus-Wave-4 12.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Disney-Plus-Wave-4 13.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Disney-Plus-Wave-4 14.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Disney-Plus-Wave-4 15.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Disney-Plus-Wave-4 16.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Disney-Plus-Wave-4 17.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Disney-Plus-Wave-4 18.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Disney-Plus-Wave-4 19.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Disney-Plus-Wave-4 20.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Disney-Plus-Wave-4 21.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Disney-Plus-Wave-4 22.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Disney-Plus-Wave-4 23.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Disney-Plus-Wave-4 24.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Disney-Plus-Wave-4 25.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Disney-Plus-Wave-4 26.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Disney-Plus-Wave-4 27.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Disney-Plus-Wave-4 29.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Disney-Plus-Wave-4 30.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Disney-Plus-Wave-4 31.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Disney-Plus-Wave-4 32.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Disney-Plus-Wave-4 33.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Disney-Plus-Wave-4 34.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Disney-Plus-Wave-4 35.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Disney-Plus-Wave-4 36.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Disney-Plus-Wave-4 37.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Disney-Plus-Wave-4 38.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Disney-Plus-Wave-4 39.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Disney-Plus-Wave-4 40.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Disney-Plus-Wave-4 41.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Disney-Plus-Wave-4 42.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Disney-Plus-Wave-4 43.jpg

Marvel-Legends-Disney-Plus-Wave-4.jpg

This looks like a fun wave. The Loki is meh for me because it's not Hiddleston. 

This "What If" thing needs to end. The zombies are cool but nothing says cartoon for Red Skull. And Howard is a terrible character so I guess IMO he is a terrible figure. 

He Who Remains is fun. But with his Kang persona fast approaching I can't see caring about this  version for long.

Randall Park has made Jimmy Woo a show stealer in every appearance so will be glad to get him

On 10/30/2022 at 5:56 PM, McHogan said:

This "What If" thing needs to end. The zombies are cool but nothing says cartoon for Red Skull. And Howard is a terrible character so I guess IMO he is a terrible figure. 

He Who Remains is fun. But with his Kang persona fast approaching I can't see caring about this  version for long.

Randall Park has made Jimmy Woo a show stealer in every appearance so will be glad to get him

Exactly. I'm all on board for What If? as a show but it opens up the ML line for all these rando one-off characters that really fit nowhere in the entirety of the line. Of course we got Jimmie Woo and we He Who Remains, who is bound to show up in a movie line anyway, but the rest of this is just junk. And that hideous BAF was just a bit more salt in the wound.

I know the Zombies are pretty well received, but I'm betting a Zombie sublime would be a pretty big hit in itself. Then they could actually do Zombie Hulk as a BAF.

These waves just really miss the mark. And when the shows are as bad as Moon Knight and Ms. Marvel and She-Hulk were it really kills the desire to have these figures. I was sure I would want a Moon Knight, but when it turned out there was barely any superheroing at all in this alleged superhero show i just bailed on the show, on the toys, and pretty much the character as a whole. I think I'm done with MCU and Disney+ figures altogether. I got all the original OG's and now I'm done. The MCU is on limp mode and the quality of product they've put out since Endgame has been Luke warm at best.

On 10/30/2022 at 9:25 PM, monron999 said:

Exactly. I'm all on board for What If? as a show but it opens up the ML line for all these rando one-off characters that really fit nowhere in the entirety of the line. Of course we got Jimmie Woo and we He Who Remains, who is bound to show up in a movie line anyway, but the rest of this is just junk. And that hideous BAF was just a bit more salt in the wound.

I know the Zombies are pretty well received, but I'm betting a Zombie sublime would be a pretty big hit in itself. Then they could actually do Zombie Hulk as a BAF.

These waves just really miss the mark. And when the shows are as bad as Moon Knight and Ms. Marvel and She-Hulk were it really kills the desire to have these figures. I was sure I would want a Moon Knight, but when it turned out there was barely any superheroing at all in this alleged superhero show i just bailed on the show, on the toys, and pretty much the character as a whole. I think I'm done with MCU and Disney+ figures altogether. I got all the original OG's and now I'm done. The MCU is on limp mode and the quality of product they've put out since Endgame has been Luke warm at best.

I agree with so much you said. I’ll take every MCU character they want to give me but that ends with the live action shows. I’d rather all the animated stuff be relegated to those 5” happy meal toys no one buys.

id be all over a full Zombie line, but these figures we’ve gotten so far have skewed toward the animated look, not sure if it makes sense to continue that style or go more realistic.

the Moon Knight show was terrible. Isaac’s performance of a person with dissociative disorder should win some award but the story, the villain, the non-Moon Knight-ness in a Moon Knight Show was baffling.  I’m dreading the day that Hasbro announces that Hippo as a waves BAF.

The MCU of late has definitely been in limp mode. The D+ shows have been more miss than hit. And unlike the Infinity Saga, this current.. I guess Saga has been directionless for the most part. Outside of the Multiverse stuff ( which in and of itself has been spotty) most shows or films have zero continuity. I mean, in the first Saga, a major event like say the Invasion of New York was mentioned or influenced other events. In the horrible Eternals movie a FRICKIN giant alien was stopped 1/4 of the way from GROWING OUT OFTHE PLANETS CORE! you’d think something like that would have at least gotten a casual mention. 

for now, I’m still getting every MCU offering they give us. But since Disney decided that we should give a crap about the Eternals or Shang Chi, I’ve been selective about what shows get my attention as opposed to watching everything they released. I guess this is the double edged sword of expanding the MCU 

You guys didn’t like She Hulk? I’m with you on Moon Knight. It was pretty lackluster. Ms. Marvel had great character development, and I thought the scenes with her family were great, but the villains, her best friend, and the overall plot were pretty meh. She Hulk, on the other hand, was great from start to finish, with the sole exception of Mark Ruffalo, who seemed like he was having a hard time even talking, let alone portraying a genius.

On 10/30/2022 at 10:36 PM, Benn said:

You guys didn’t like She Hulk? I’m with you on Moon Knight. It was pretty lackluster. Ms. Marvel had great character development, and I thought the scenes with her family were great, but the villains, her best friend, and the overall plot were pretty meh. She Hulk, on the other hand, was great from start to finish, with the sole exception of Mark Ruffalo, who seemed like he was having a hard time even talking, let alone portraying a genius.

Had She-Hulk been about anyone other than She-Hulk it probably woulda been fine. They kept invoking John Byrne's name as clout and inspiration but nothing about this She-Hulk resembled Byrne's version. The showrunner even admitted that she had little to no experience with the source material and they were basically just brainstorming experiences from their own lives. In any other instance, or with a new or unestablished character that would have been fine, but as is usual with these new writers and directors they just pretty much told a story they liked or that they could relate to and slapped a She-Hulk label on it while doing nothing at all to respect the history and tradition of the IP itself.

Like I said, had it been a new character or a character with less history and development it probably would have been fine, but it was off the rails from the jump when they changed the way she became She-Hulk at all when there was absolutely no reason to. You can turn to a Hulk by simply gatting a drop of blood in your system by contact. That opens up a whole can of worms from that point on. What was the big deal about letting Bruce save her life? Is it really that hard a narrative to let be? That is the official story. I knew from that point which way the show was heading. Straight to Blaaaaahville and beyond.

On 10/31/2022 at 12:05 AM, monron999 said:

Had She-Hulk been about anyone other than She-Hulk it probably woulda been fine. They kept invoking John Byrne's name as clout and inspiration but nothing about this She-Hulk resembled Byrne's version. The showrunner even admitted that she had little to no experience with the source material and they were basically just brainstorming experiences from their own lives. In any other instance, or with a new or unestablished character that would have been fine, but as is usual with these new writers and directors they just pretty much told a story they liked or that they could relate to and slapped a She-Hulk label on it while doing nothing at all to respect the history and tradition of the IP itself.

Like I said, had it been a new character or a character with less history and development it probably would have been fine, but it was off the rails from the jump when they changed the way she became She-Hulk at all when there was absolutely no reason to. You can turn to a Hulk by simply gatting a drop of blood in your system by contact. That opens up a whole can of worms from that point on. What was the big deal about letting Bruce save her life? Is it really that hard a narrative to let be? That is the official story. I knew from that point which way the show was heading. Straight to Blaaaaahville and beyond.

I never read much She Hulk, so I can’t really refute any of that, but they did explain the blood thing in the show. Bruce said she received a lethal dose of gamma radiation from his blood, but because of a rare genetic marker they share, they were able to metabolize it differently, which is why they became hulks instead of just dying like most people would. If I had to guess, they didn’t want Bruce saving her life by intentionally making her a hulk because it would have fought his entire characterization in the MCU so far. He clearly didn’t think what happened to him left him with any sort of life worth living for at least a decade, so why would he knowingly (and without consent) bestow the same fate on anyone else? Again, I have no investment in She Hulk comics, but I don’t mind variations on origins that serve the story of the tighter, more concise continuity of the MCU. I know it’s a pretty openly feminist show, but I really don’t think the choice to change the origin had anything to do with not wanting to portray a man saving a woman. I mean, Bruce clearly thought he had effectively rescued her anyway, which they got to have fun with by making it a big mansplaining joke, so there’s no reason to think it would have gone all that much differently had they kept her origin intact.

On 10/30/2022 at 9:18 PM, Benn said:

I never read much She Hulk, so I can’t really refute any of that, but they did explain the blood thing in the show. Bruce said she received a lethal dose of gamma radiation from his blood, but because of a rare genetic marker they share, they were able to metabolize it differently, which is why they became hulks instead of just dying like most people would. If I had to guess, they didn’t want Bruce saving her life by intentionally making her a hulk because it would have fought his entire characterization in the MCU so far. He clearly didn’t think what happened to him left him with any sort of life worth living for at least a decade, so why would he knowingly (and without consent) bestow the same fate on anyone else? 

Agree! I wasn't the least bit crazy about that origin but the rare genetic marker thing works. At least that way, you don't have just any rando gaining Hulk powers from Banner's blood. In fact that's what I've thought almost all these radioactive - bestowed-powers characters have had in common: some kind of unique, unknown trait that enables the body wide mutagenic changes, whereas anyone else exposed, would become horribly sick and die in agony. 

On 10/31/2022 at 1:45 AM, Atlantis said:

Agree! I wasn't the least bit crazy about that origin but the rare genetic marker thing works. At least that way, you don't have just any rando gaining Hulk powers from Banner's blood. In fact that's what I've thought almost all these radioactive - bestowed-powers characters have had in common: some kind of unique, unknown trait that enables the body wide mutagenic changes, whereas anyone else exposed, would become horribly sick and die in agony. 

Plus, that sickness was already established way back when The Man Lee had a sip of Banner blood in a soda. I loved She Hulk, it's the best show since Loki. 

On 10/31/2022 at 2:45 AM, Atlantis said:

On 10/31/2022 at 9:19 AM, memocromatico said:

Plus, that sickness was already established way back when The Man Lee had a sip of Banner blood in a soda. I loved She Hulk, it's the best show since Loki. 

Yes, the genetic marker was the explanation that remained intact between the two variations, so there's that. I just Don t understand why they specifically swapped the entire thing about who saved whose life unless there was a specific reason. It just doesn't make sense otherwise. Either way She-Hulk was always overtly feminist, but when Byrne was doing it he was able to blend the message into the story and maintain a healthy balance, but the show just missed the mark. For someone who didn't read the comics, Byrne's run in particular, it probably isn't something that bothers you or maybe even notice, and that's fine, but for a lot of us fans that read She-Hulk from the start, it was pretty disappointing, especially after the production crew gave us all the lip service about doing the character justice and trying to catch the feel of the classic character.

I pre-ordered this whole Khonshu BAF wave, but Jimmy and the BAF are the highlights for me. I've largely skipped the D+ waves to this point because I'm more of a comic figure collector but I'm always interested in new characters. The variants of He Who Remains and Old Man Loki aren't really all that interesting to me, though - although I did love the show. Really the only MCU offering that I really haven't liked so far was Ms. Marvel. I've enjoyed everything else but Ms. Marvel was difficult for me to sit through as I just didn't find it interesting. Maybe it was the whole teenager thing...  Although I thought that the non-MCU shows of Cloak&Dagger and Runaways were both both better than Ms. Marvel and they were mostly teen oriented shows also.

On 10/31/2022 at 6:19 AM, memocromatico said:

Yes and they should have had a scene with becoming horribly sick and dying in agony.

No superpowers for you, only radioactive death. Death! DEATH!! In the Mighty Marvel Manner!

On 10/31/2022 at 12:48 PM, Atlantis said:

Yes and they should have had a scene with becoming horribly sick and dying in agony.

No superpowers for you, only radioactive death. Death! DEATH!! In the Mighty Marvel Manner!

With who becoming horribly sick? The Todd? If so, yes, it would’ve been horribly hilarious and very much in line with the Marvel formula… I would’ve been happy with it, but I’m glad with how they ended the show!

On 11/1/2022 at 8:09 PM, memocromatico said:

With who becoming horribly sick? The Todd? If so, yes, it would’ve been horribly hilarious and very much in line with the Marvel formula… I would’ve been happy with it, but I’m glad with how they ended the show!

how they ended the show was perfect and fits with the character perfectly. only Deadpool could have made it even more meta.

Isaac Wong brings us in-hand images for Hasbro's 4th wave of Disney+ themed 6" Marvel Legends figures which are available at our sponsors BigBadToyStore.com and Entertainment Earth.

Check out images for this figure below in our GALLERY and be sure to share your own thoughts about it in the COMMENTS SECTION.

- Classic Loki (Loki Series)
- He Who Remains (Loki Series)
- Howard The Duck With Ant-Man Head (What If...?)
- Zombie Iron Man (What If...?)
- Zombie Scarlet Witch (What If...?)
- Red Skull (What If...?)
- Agent Woo (Vision And The Scarlet Witch)

And the Build-A-Figure for this wave will be Khonshu from the Moon Knight series.

000.0.jpg

000.00.jpg

000.10.jpg

000.11.jpg

000.12.jpg

000.13.jpg

000.14.jpg

000.15.jpg

000.16.jpg

000.17.jpg

000.18.jpg

000.19.jpg

000.20.jpg

000.21.jpg

000.22.jpg

000.23.jpg

000.24.jpg

Classic.Loki.1.jpg

Classic.Loki.2.jpg

Classic.Loki.3.jpg

Classic.Loki.4.jpg

Classic.Loki.5.jpg

Classic.Loki.6.jpg

Classic.Loki.7.jpg

Classic.Loki.8.jpg

Classic.Loki.9.jpg

Classic.Loki.10.jpg

He.Who.Remains.1.jpg

He.Who.Remains.2.jpg

He.Who.Remains.3.jpg

He.Who.Remains.4.jpg

He.Who.Remains.5.jpg

He.Who.Remains.6.jpg

He.Who.Remains.7.jpg

He.Who.Remains.8.jpg

He.Who.Remains.9.jpg

He.Who.Remains.10.jpg

Howard.1.jpg

Howard.2.jpg

Howard.3.jpg

Howard.4.jpg

Howard.5.jpg

Howard.6.jpg

Howard.7.jpg

Howard.8.jpg

Khonshu.1.jpg

Khonshu.2.jpg

Khonshu.3.jpg

Khonshu.4.jpg

Khonshu.5.jpg

Khonshu.6.jpg

Khonshu.7.jpg

Khonshu.8.jpg

Khonshu.9.jpg

Khonshu.10.jpg

Khonshu.11.jpg

Khonshu.12.jpg

Khonshu.13.jpg

Khonshu.14.jpg

Khonshu.15.jpg

Khonshu.16.jpg

Packaged.1.jpg

Packaged.2.jpg

Packaged.3.jpg

Packaged.4.jpg

Packaged.5.jpg

Packaged.6.jpg

Packaged.7.jpg

Packaged.8.jpg

Packaged.9.jpg

Packaged.10.jpg

Packaged.11.jpg

Packaged.12.jpg

Red.Skull.1.jpg

Red.Skull.2.jpg

Red.Skull.3.jpg

Red.Skull.4.jpg

Red.Skull.5.jpg

Red.Skull.6.jpg

Red.Skull.7.jpg

Red.Skull.8.jpg

Red.Skull.9.jpg

Woo.1.jpg

Woo.2.jpg

Woo.3.jpg

Woo.4.jpg

Woo.5.jpg

Woo.6.jpg

Woo.7.jpg

Woo.8.jpg

Woo.9.jpg

Woo.10.jpg

Zombie.Tony.1.jpg

Zombie.Tony.2.jpg

Zombie.Tony.3.jpg

Zombie.Tony.4.jpg

Zombie.Tony.5.jpg

Zombie.Tony.6.jpg

Zombie.Tony.7.jpg

Zombie.Tony.8.jpg

Zombie.Tony.9.jpg

Zombie.Wanda.1.jpg

Zombie.Wanda.2.jpg

Zombie.Wanda.3.jpg

Zombie.Wanda.4.jpg

Zombie.Wanda.5.jpg

Zombie.Wanda.6.jpg

Zombie.Wanda.7.jpg

Zombie.Wanda.8.jpg

Zombie.Wanda.9.jpg

Zombie.Wanda.10.jpg

Zombie.Wanda.11.jpg

Zombie.Wanda.12.jpg

Not that I want or need this figure, but did they actually do Howard dirty like they did Spider-Ham and not give him leg articulation? Are we to believe that anthropomorphic characters do not have or require leg articulation? I mean, we know it can be done. Rocket and Hit Monkey have leg joints and even the comic based Rocket has some kind of leg movement. What's up with this anti-anthro tendency, Hasbro. Starting to look a little shady to me. Oh, but you sure did make sure the price reflected a full range of movement. Of course.

This wave has me so conflicted. Super annoyed at the amount of What If figures in this wave but the live-action figures in this wave are utterly fantastic. Jimmy Woo is long overdue, if his head fits on a suited body I may get another one for the Ant-Man 2 display. Kang and Classic Loki are very good, brand new sculpts, spot-on likenesses, new Loki shelf characters, just all around very good stuff. And Khonshu, just....wow. I near about swooned when they showed him off, I was definitely not expecting him. We just need Scarlet Scarab and Harrow now. 

On 11/2/2022 at 7:35 AM, JohnF said:

Honestly Khonshu looks great, but there so many figures in this wave that I just don't want. Perhaps he will get the deluxe rerelease treatment. 

I'd agree that something like that is possible, especially since they have a second series coming up

New wave looks decent in terms of likeness on He Who remains, Old Loki and Jimmy, but I can't say I have any interest in getting those, I don't have any desire for that Red Skull but it looks decent, but is really just phoned in, I don't need any Red Skulls since we got the Villains wave one, I like the Howard and will get him as a placeholder until we ever get a comic version, this will do, yeah sucks they didn't give him any leg articulation which is really sad, because it wouldn't have been hard, the Zombies I like Wanda more so, but Tony is fine, I want to collect all of the Zombies so I'll be getting those, only thing that is a really stinger is how much I love that Khonsu BAF, but I'm not buying Skull, Jimmy, Loki or Hippy John Majors for the Parts.