Hasbro Marvel Legends Live-Stream For August 10 Coverage

JayC

My big want from this set is The Fly. He looks great. Molten Man has a really nice head sculpt (poor buck choice Hasbro), and while I don't particularly love the old Ultimate Beetle buck for Silvermane, it's still nice to finally have him as a full character. Would have been nice if they used the new Pretty Boy buck instead, or at least major parts of it. And while most of the villains have menacing to pure angry looks on their faces, Razorback almost looks happy. As if to say, "can you believe they put in plastic?! I beat out the Mandarin, Graviton, Count Nefaria, Attuma, the Collector, Immortus, the Grandmaster, Whiplash, Nightmare and slew of other worthy bad guys!". LOL!

Honestly, my biggest want from this set is the Spider-Man, I'm happy to finally get the Ultimate version of the symbiote suit. Molten Man fills a necessary hole in the collection for me, a bigger body would have been nice but as a huge fan of Spectacular where he was a smaller guy, I'm not too mad about it. Silvermane is a good upgrade from the Ultron body version I had, but the mostly reuse is disappointing. I wish they had saved him for the Pretty Boy body later on. The Fly and Razorback are good to have, even if they're not the obscure villains I wanted. I'm glad they're still giving us weird Spider-Man villains, gives me hope someday we'll see Vermin, Carrion, Will O' The Wisp and others.

I got my shipping notices this morning for this 5-pack and the Venom 3-pack from Amazon as well as 3 of the Mr Negative / Demon 2-packs from Gamestop. Expensive day! I also got the email from BBTS that Apocalypse and Japanese Spidey are expected to arrive soon. I also finally found the DC Multiverse Shazam! at Walmart this weekend. I'm kicking myself for not picking up Mojo for $42 on Amazon on Saturday though and will probably be stuck with getting him for full price now. Everything hitting at once is fun, but frustrating from a financial standpoint.

The old "scarcity" perception method at it's most mediocre. I promise, this thing never went out of stock. They took it off to build up FOMO and hopefully get a boost once it went back up again. This thing will be on mark down at this same time next year. Don't fall for this. If it's up a year from now and I got the spare cash to throw at it maybe I might, but I got a lot to save up for next year so Razorback and Fly may just have to be something of an afterthought for now.

I received my set in the mail the other day.  My favorite is still The Fly. He looks really good and actually has the comic version of his design printed above the bootline in the back. That was a surprise, since Hasbro often gets character's boost wrong that aren't just a straight line. Silvermane is pretty good and actually does use the shoulders and arms of the new Pretty Boy figure instead of the Ultimate Beetle, which makes up the rest of the characters body. Molten man is nice with alternate hands and flame effects, but of course the Sunfire buck used is disappointing. It could have gone on a bigger buck, like Vulcan maybe. Razorback is hilarious, not just the character, but the fact we actually got him. Ultimate Universe Spider-man is fine, but I don't plan on keeping him. I've never been into that alternate universe of characters. So, overall, it was worth it to me for all these new villains. Hope others enjoy theirs as well. Now back to my Spider-man villain list: The Spot, Moon Wolf, Willow-The-Wisp, Madame Web, Classic Spider Slayer Robot with JJJ's face in the viewscreen and Meteor Man, LOL! Maybe Hasbro can consider giving us some Daredevil villains finally, other than the obvious and often repeated Electra and Bullseye. Wouldn't mind adding Gladiator, Death Stalker, The Owl and Mr. Fear to my collection. They are long overdue.

I was pleasantly surprised with this Razorback, he's so much taller then I had thought, I'm really digging him, such a weird fun design it stands out, I only wish he had some alt hands, only fists is so limiting, also despite Molten Man clearly being on the wrong buck, it's way too small, I can overlook it when the figure actually does look good on a shelf, it's simple but, Molten Man always was, but the flame effects on his hands and back, and the leg pieces once it's all together actually is nice, Human Fly is a good fun figure, just wish he had an alt head, not sure why he's screaming, Spidey and Silvermaine are the most boring here, but I still think Silvermaine is a cool addition, not even sure I need this Spidey in my collection, though the purple does make him at least a bit different then any of the other black suits.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/15/2022 at 10:36 AM, Jormungand said:

"...Maybe Hasbro can consider giving us some Daredevil villains finally, other than the obvious and often repeated Electra and Bullseye. Wouldn't mind adding Gladiator, Death Stalker, The Owl and Mr. Fear to my collection. They are long overdue...."

I'll take good figures in whatever wave they come in- if classic Valkyrie gets put in a Luke Cage wave, fine. Corrected Silver Centurion and classic Crimson Dynamo in an X-Men wave, so be it. Yeah it might not make much "sense", and certainly isn't the roll out I would come up with, nevertheless as long as they're well done, accurate figures, I'm down.

It is bothersome, however, that hasbo makes it look like certain characters aren't strong enough to have their own dedicated wave. Daredevil could (should) easily have his own wave, but they fold him into a Spidey wave time and again. If they did a lineup for DD like you listed, I'd definitely be on it.

Still didn't bite. At this point in time, knowing what Hasbro is actually capable of, and at these current prices, I'm done with "good enough". From now on, if it ain't right it ain't worth my money. Razorback is definitely the standout here. The Fly is more or less just another repaint, but it looks good and it looks accurate. I already did my own thing with Silvermane and he looks miles better than this one on a reused buck they've used surprisingly more times than I thought it could be used. Molten Man is just wrong altogether, though I do like the color. Just another case of Hasbro putting lipstick on another pig. I don't ever remember Ultimate Spidey in the Black and White, but apparently it was a thing, but I have no attachment to it. I bought Razorback on the secondary, and at a bit less than what it's going for on Ebay currently (wow) so this thing can go away and I'm good. If I find Fly at a decent price or for a decent trade I might splurge, but I don't need it. Sucks for all those completionists out there. I feel for you, as I am a recovering one, but as long as Hasbro keeps making it easier and easier to be more selective I'm happy to keep my money.

Yet again hasbo brings out the Ultimate Beetle mold, even though its not how the characters (Ultron, Mach 1) appeared. If the idea is "close enough", then why not use the Rogue/Ms. Marvel buck for Binary, for Emma Frost, for Ajak, even Madame Hydra? What was the rush to put Silvermane out anyway, let alone on an inaccurate buck? Seems the Pretty Boy would have been a better choice.

On 11/29/2022 at 12:56 PM, Atlantis said:

Yet again hasbo brings out the Ultimate Beetle mold, even though its not how the characters (Ultron, Mach 1) appeared. If the idea is "close enough", then why not use the Rogue/Ms. Marvel buck for Binary, for Emma Frost, for Ajak, even Madame Hydra? What was the rush to put Silvermane out anyway, let alone on an inaccurate buck? Seems the Pretty Boy would have been a better choice.

Ajak was a movie figure, they almost never reuse comic bucks for those. And I'd assume the reason Pretty Boy wasn't used was because the mold wasn't ready to go yet, considering that set is still on preorder. But I agree, I have no idea why they had to put Silvermane out in this set. If they wanted another obscure Spidey villain, there are plenty of other ones they could have done and then waited to use the Pretty Boy mold for Silvermane.

On 11/29/2022 at 4:19 PM, monron999 said:

Still didn't bite. At this point in time, knowing what Hasbro is actually capable of, and at these current prices, I'm done with "good enough". From now on, if it ain't right it ain't worth my money. Razorback is definitely the standout here. The Fly is more or less just another repaint, but it looks good and it looks accurate. I already did my own thing with Silvermane and he looks miles better than this one on a reused buck they've used surprisingly more times than I thought it could be used. Molten Man is just wrong altogether, though I do like the color. Just another case of Hasbro putting lipstick on another pig. I don't ever remember Ultimate Spidey in the Black and White, but apparently it was a thing, but I have no attachment to it. I bought Razorback on the secondary, and at a bit less than what it's going for on Ebay currently (wow) so this thing can go away and I'm good. If I find Fly at a decent price or for a decent trade I might splurge, but I don't need it. Sucks for all those completionists out there. I feel for you, as I am a recovering one, but as long as Hasbro keeps making it easier and easier to be more selective I'm happy to keep my money.

Yeah, Razorback is the only one I want from this set. Better start hunting 

• 3 months later...

For anyone unaware, Hasbro Pulse is doing a Warehouse Sale today where there are over 500 items 30-35% off. If your a non-premium member (like me) you have to enter the code WAREHOUSE30 as your code at check out. It's 35% for premium members and 30% off for non-premium members. There is a lot of Legends stuff available including a lot of the deluxe and multi-pack stuff. Some of the highlights are the Mojoworld 4-pack, Cobra Viper 3-Pack, Knull/Venom, Spidey and his Amazing Friends 3-Pack, MODOK World Domination Tour Pack, Fallen One / Terrax, Regular Mojo, Peter and Ned, Surtur, Power Rangers Lightning Collection 2-Packs, Retro Purple Apocalypse, and a ton more.

On 3/6/2023 at 9:31 AM, Reno said:

For anyone unaware, Hasbro Pulse is doing a Warehouse Sale today where there are over 500 items 30-35% off. If your a non-premium member (like me) you have to enter the code WAREHOUSE30 as your code at check out. It's 35% for premium members and 30% off for non-premium members. There is a lot of Legends stuff available including a lot of the deluxe and multi-pack stuff. Some of the highlights are the Mojoworld 4-pack, Cobra Viper 3-Pack, Knull/Venom, Spidey and his Amazing Friends 3-Pack, MODOK World Domination Tour Pack, Fallen One / Terrax, Regular Mojo, Peter and Ned, Surtur, Power Rangers Lightning Collection 2-Packs, Retro Purple Apocalypse, and a ton more.

Thank @Reno, I finally got ahold of that Knull/Venom 2 pack that Dorkside hosed me on. There's some good stuff there that I wasn't initially planning on getting but the discount really made a difference.

On 3/6/2023 at 6:26 PM, monron999 said:

Thank @Reno, I finally got ahold of that Knull/Venom 2 pack that Dorkside hosed me on. There's some good stuff there that I wasn't initially planning on getting but the discount really made a difference.

It doesn't work for me for some reason. The discount code isn't valid, allthough it's on warehouse sale figures.. 

On 3/6/2023 at 1:28 PM, JohnF said:

It doesn't work for me for some reason. The discount code isn't valid, allthough it's on warehouse sale figures.. 

I think the only other thing it could be is that you have to spend a minimum of $75. I didn't end up trying it myself because there wasn't anything that I wanted. I entered the instructions below, although it pasted in kind of small. You can click on it and it'll open bigger to be readable.

image.thumb.png.c0b20ba540d10f79dad739322542e41b.png

On 3/6/2023 at 11:00 PM, Reno said:

I think the only other thing it could be is that you have to spend a minimum of $75. I didn't end up trying it myself because there wasn't anything that I wanted. I entered the instructions below, although it pasted in kind of small. You can click on it and it'll open bigger to be readable.

image.thumb.png.c0b20ba540d10f79dad739322542e41b.png

Yeah, this has to be why. Didn't see it the first time I tried. Thanks, man. 

• 2 weeks later...

The Marvel Legends 6" Spider-Man Vs. Villains 5-Pack from Hasbro is available for pre-order now on the Amazon website. This set includes a Ultimates version of Symbiote Spider-Man along with Silvermane, Marvel's Human Fly, Molten Man and Marvel's Razorback. The set is currently marked down to $87.54.

On 3/15/2023 at 9:53 AM, Hogun said:

Bad set. Molten Man is grossly disproportioned. The Spider-Man should have been on the new body with the butterfly joints. Full of Z-MINUS LISTERS. 

Spider-Man is based on his Ultimate version, so he wouldn't have matched the previous figures from a few years ago if he was on the new buck.