Hasbro Marvel Legends Live-Stream For August 10 Coverage

JayC

On 3/15/2023 at 12:38 PM, Ironspider428 said:

Spider-Man is based on his Ultimate version, so he wouldn't have matched the previous figures from a few years ago if he was on the new buck.

Actually I think the Amazing Fantasy Spidey mold was supposed to replace that older Ultimate Spidey mold. That's the way it seems, anyway. They used it to make both the Franklin and Kid Omega figures when the older mold would have worked just fine. Neither one of them is know to be all that flexible.

To me it looks like this entire set was little more than grabbing a little extra cash off some of those older molds before they got phased out. Honestly, it just looks like Razorback was the only figure made with any intent and then they decided to build an entire box set around him. Fly is okay, but not essential. I want a Molten Man but not till they do it right. Ninety percent of us already did Silvermane. I honestly think they woulda got a better response if they did Razorback as a single card exclusive or even as a 2 pack with Fly. Walgreens is out of the exclusive game so maybe it's time Amazon tried the single figure route rather than always doing box sets.

On 3/16/2023 at 4:16 AM, monron999 said:

Actually I think the Amazing Fantasy Spidey mold was supposed to replace that older Ultimate Spidey mold. That's the way it seems, anyway. They used it to make both the Franklin and Kid Omega figures when the older mold would have worked just fine. Neither one of them is know to be all that flexible.

To me it looks like this entire set was little more than grabbing a little extra cash off some of those older molds before they got phased out. Honestly, it just looks like Razorback was the only figure made with any intent and then they decided to build an entire box set around him. Fly is okay, but not essential. I want a Molten Man but not till they do it right. Ninety percent of us already did Silvermane. I honestly think they woulda got a better response if they did Razorback as a single card exclusive or even as a 2 pack with Fly. Walgreens is out of the exclusive game so maybe it's time Amazon tried the single figure route rather than always doing box sets.

Yeah, I assume it was, but having the red and blue suit on the old body and the black suit on the new body would have looked weird. They likely went with this to keep it consistent. I could definitely see both those figures updated in a few years on the AF buck though.

I don't mind them doing a set of obscure villains. If Hasbro had thrown in a different Spider-Man suit or a more known villain, I guarantee there would have been people complaining about having to buy the whole set just to get that figure. I think the set is fine personally, even though Molten Man should have used the Namor buck.

• 3 weeks later...

I've held out on this set waiting for the price to drop. But the longer I waited the less it has appealed to me. 

I'm not sure if they'd go low enough for me to bite. Especially now that I've got a ton of Avengers anniversary to go poor with these next few months