X-Men Marvel Legends Retro Collection Marvel's Toad Review And Images

Outsiders

Dan Who? Reviews takes a look at the new X-Men Marvel Legends Retro Collection Marvel's Toad from Hasbro.  This figure is available for pre-order from our sponsor Big Bad Toy Store.

Check out images for this set below in our GALLERY and be sure to share your own thoughts about it in the COMMENTS SECTION.

Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Toad_By_Dan88w_01.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Toad_By_Dan88w_02.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Toad_By_Dan88w_03.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Toad_By_Dan88w_04.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Toad_By_Dan88w_05.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Toad_By_Dan88w_06.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Toad_By_Dan88w_07.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Toad_By_Dan88w_08.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Toad_By_Dan88w_09.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Toad_By_Dan88w_10.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Toad_By_Dan88w_11.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Toad_By_Dan88w_12.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Toad_By_Dan88w_13.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Toad_By_Dan88w_14.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Toad_By_Dan88w_15.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Toad_By_Dan88w_16.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Toad_By_Dan88w_17.jpg

On 8/9/2022 at 8:42 PM, Marvel0805 said:

What is the source/inspiration for this particular look for Toad? It doesn't match the artwork in the packaging, the version used for the original 20 years ago or any classic Toad I remember. Is this a more recent version?

Yeah it's the 90's version Rob Liefield was doing, Jim Lee was doing something similar.

spacer.png

I do as well wish this Toad was a classic Toad, a plumper version

this would have been the ideal version for me

spacer.png

but I guess I will just take what I can get, this version we got is fine enough...wacky head and all (which I'm not a huge fan of)

So bad... just laughably bad. If truly based on Rob Liefields art then I must ask: why?  

If anyone was holding their breath for this ive got to think it was hoped that the execution was better. 

Id be ok if Hasbro moved on from the ToyBiz homage figures. The price is just too high for what we get