Marvel Select Titanium Man Action Figure Video Review And Images

Outsiders

Erivera94 takes a look at the Marvel Select Titanium Man Action Figure from Diamond Select Toys.  This figure is available from our sponsor Big Bad Toy Store.

Check out the images for this figure below in our GALLERY and be sure to share your thoughts about it in the COMMENTS SECTION.

Marvel_Select_Titanium_Man_By_Erivera94_01.jpg

Marvel_Select_Titanium_Man_By_Erivera94_02.jpg

Marvel_Select_Titanium_Man_By_Erivera94_03.jpg

Marvel_Select_Titanium_Man_By_Erivera94_04.jpg

Marvel_Select_Titanium_Man_By_Erivera94_05.jpg

Marvel_Select_Titanium_Man_By_Erivera94_06.jpg

Marvel_Select_Titanium_Man_By_Erivera94_07.jpg

Marvel_Select_Titanium_Man_By_Erivera94_08.jpg

Marvel_Select_Titanium_Man_By_Erivera94_09.jpg

I got mine some time ago and am quite pleased. I'm tired of waiting for Hasbro Legends to do it;  if they did Titanium Man it would be a BAF, which wouldnt have been the right size, or a Deluxe that would've been way over priced. Also getting the Select Vision since hasbro clearly has no intention of doing him correctly. Yeah, at 7" he'll be out of scale, but at least in this case he'll be accurate to how the comics have portrayed him for over the last 50 years now. Titanium Man looks great with the few Soviet Super Soldiers/Winter Guard figures already made, and hopefully Legends will get the rest done by next year so that the team is complete.

Wait, why is everyone laughing.....

Yeah if i  was more of an iron man fan, i would definitely pick up that Titanium Man (ironically, i mostly know the character from his appearance in Walt Simonson's Thor run).  Only a few bucks more than a standard ML figure but BAF sized with some decent accessories.  Plus given that TM is huge the different scale of MS doesn't really matter in this case imo.  I certainly wouldn't wait around for hasbro to make one.

I assume the reviewer did more posing in the actual review video? because hard to get much sense of his articulation from the still photos (altho they are still useful as height comparisons, of course)

on a different note, i do find myself tempted by some of the diamond select muppet sets re-releases.  I have the Statler & Waldorf one, but the others are pretty cool looking too.

Yeah this is one of those figures that Select really knocked out of the park, I keep on thinking I should get this, because it would look great among legends, and I almost don't think that Hasbro will do this guy better. I should just grab this figure.

On 8/14/2022 at 1:55 PM, Lord_Scareglow said:

Yeah this is one of those figures that Select really knocked out of the park, I keep on thinking I should get this, because it would look great among legends, and I almost don't think that Hasbro will do this guy better. I should just grab this figure.

I held off because Legends has better articulation than Select. BUT...

1. We have no idea when or if hasbro will ever do Titanium Man. I'm still waiting on Crimson Dynamo!
  2. They would likely do him as a BAF, and likely that BAF won't properly scale as it should. OR some detail (like correct paint coloring) will be way off.
  3. They would likely do him as Deluxe, but such a figure will be far more expensive than Select (sold now on EA for $25.00. Hasbro sold Hydra Stomper for $40.00). 
  4. I'm tired of waiting on Legends to do the figures I want, and when they DO do them, there are glaring errors (Firelord and Molten Man are both around 6'4" but they put them on the Sunfire buck, which is generally for characters in the 5' 10" size. Tigra is in neon orange. Siryn has no screaming head. Silver Centurion....well, I don't need to say any more).

All told, I think this is the best buy for the buck. 

On 8/15/2022 at 2:31 AM, Atlantis said:

I held off because Legends has better articulation than Select. BUT...

1. We have no idea when or if hasbro will ever do Titanium Man. I'm still waiting on Crimson Dynamo!
  2. They would likely do him as a BAF, and likely that BAF won't properly scale as it should. OR some detail (like correct paint coloring) will be way off.
  3. They would likely do him as Deluxe, but such a figure will be far more expensive than Select (sold now on EA for $25.00. Hasbro sold Hydra Stomper for $40.00). 
  4. I'm tired of waiting on Legends to do the figures I want, and when they DO do them, there are glaring errors (Firelord and Molten Man are both around 6'4" but they put them on the Sunfire buck, which is generally for characters in the 5' 10" size. Tigra is in neon orange. Siryn has no screaming head. Silver Centurion....well, I don't need to say any more).

All told, I think this is the best buy for the buck. 

Yeah these were the only 2 reasons I didn't buy this yet, I wonder if Hasbro is going to get around to this (I mean they should), and Legends have better articulation, but then I think the same as you, I don't think Hasbro would do this as well, articulation aside (really how much articulation does a giant titanium robot man need?), this is a really awesome figure it's pretty much perfect in terms of the armour it's depicting from the comics, it's also truly insane how nicely priced this is, I just looked and I can get this bad boy for 30 bucks with free shipping, whatttt!? if this was a Legend it would be 70+ at least.

Well according to The team themselves, the reason they didn't make their own version of Titanium Man for the Iron Man wave is because they learnt that Select was making it. it's either they didn't want to compete with them or they knew that people would just buy the select for cheaper instead of paying for 7 figures to build him.

On 8/15/2022 at 9:35 AM, MODADDYDODOK said:

I’ll continue to wait and see what Legends does with the character 💀.  
The paint snob within me dislikes how dark the green is. But whatever, I’ve always wanted Gremlin’s armor more anyway. Want these 2 err 3 baad.
250B70EF-EE8B-4AC9-BBE7-AEE5C314CBFE.thumb.jpeg.924a3e865453805b644717299120f0ff.jpeg

I’m with you here, the Gremlin version of TM was A) one of my favorite designs and B) my first exposure to the character ( From the X-cellent XMen v Avengers series also featuring the Soviet Super Soldiers in a supporting role. ) 

I get wanting First Appearance or classic versions of characters, heck, I’m sure I’d grab the Select suit  if Hasbro took a shot at him but there are some versions  that surpass the original and the Gremlins suit was one for me.

On 8/15/2022 at 10:48 PM, McHogan said:

I’m with you here, the Gremlin version of TM was A) one of my favorite designs and B) my first exposure to the character ( From the X-cellent XMen v Avengers series also featuring the Soviet Super Soldiers in a supporting role. ) 

I get wanting First Appearance or classic versions of characters, heck, I’m sure I’d grab the Select suit  if Hasbro took a shot at him but there are some versions  that surpass the original and the Gremlins suit was one for me.

I'd get both this Classic Select and the Armor Gremlin wore, why not technically 2 different characters, I'm going to pull the trigger on this select Titanium Man though it's a good price, I'm just waiting till I get home from Vacation, more importantly we need the Crimson Dynamo armor that is in the same panel here, I did build the Black Widow wave one, but I just don't really care for that Design of Crimson. I think we really just need to see more Iron Man Villains represented in Legends form cough cough Mandarin..really though everyone needs their arch rival in plastic form.

On 8/16/2022 at 2:01 AM, Lord_Scareglow said:

I'd get both this Classic Select and the Armor Gremlin wore, why not technically 2 different characters, I'm going to pull the trigger on this select Titanium Man though it's a good price, I'm just waiting till I get home from Vacation, more importantly we need the Crimson Dynamo armor that is in the same panel here, I did build the Black Widow wave one, but I just don't really care for that Design of Crimson. I think we really just need to see more Iron Man Villains represented in Legends form cough cough Mandarin..really though everyone needs their arch rival in plastic form.

Agree once again.. the Crimson Dynamo Armor in @MODADDYDODOKs pic is my favorite for the same reasons, first exposure and loved the design.. seems like a slam dunk to get either in Legends form but instead we’ve gotten whom I’d have considered the longshots from the team ( Ursa Major for logistical reasons but, man, did Hasbro knock him out of the park, and DarkStar). So until they finally do give us these Armored Soviets, I guess Vanguard leaps into the longshots spot

On 8/16/2022 at 10:38 PM, McHogan said:

Agree once again.. the Crimson Dynamo Armor in @MODADDYDODOKs pic is my favorite for the same reasons, first exposure and loved the design.. seems like a slam dunk to get either in Legends form but instead we’ve gotten whom I’d have considered the longshots from the team ( Ursa Major for logistical reasons but, man, did Hasbro knock him out of the park, and DarkStar). So until they finally do give us these Armored Soviets, I guess Vanguard leaps into the longshots spot

I think we have been very spoiled by Hasbro in getting so many of the crazy cuts from Winter Guard like Ursa and Darkstar, I can imagine we would see eventually Nikolai Vanguard, but I wouldnt be thinking anything beyond that, I have doubts on say a Vostok, Fatasma would be awesome and easy..but doubt that same with Starlight, and well I got no bets on a Chernobog.

I'm happy that we got as many of the Winter Guard we currently do, I still think the Red Guardian we have is pretty damn great, I'd be hard pressed to need much improvement there. but a new Older Version of Crimson Dymano like the Anton or Gregar I think is a must to see happen.

On 8/17/2022 at 1:58 AM, Lord_Scareglow said:

I think we have been very spoiled by Hasbro in getting so many of the crazy cuts from Winter Guard like Ursa and Darkstar, I can imagine we would see eventually Nikolai Vanguard, but I wouldnt be thinking anything beyond that, I have doubts on say a Vostok, Fatasma would be awesome and easy..but doubt that same with Starlight, and well I got no bets on a Chernobog.

I'm happy that we got as many of the Winter Guard we currently do, I still think the Red Guardian we have is pretty damn great, I'd be hard pressed to need much improvement there. but a new Older Version of Crimson Dymano like the Anton or Gregar I think is a must to see happen.

The comic Red Guardian we got is a great figure. I chased him down ( sold my first one) when he was announced to be an MCU character for Black Widow a few years back. He is a great example of less is more.

in truth, we get Vanguard and the versions of Titanium  Man and The Crimson Dynamo and is consider the team complete 

On 8/17/2022 at 6:04 PM, McHogan said:

The comic Red Guardian we got is a great figure. I chased him down ( sold my first one) when he was announced to be an MCU character for Black Widow a few years back. He is a great example of less is more.

in truth, we get Vanguard and the versions of Titanium  Man and The Crimson Dynamo and is consider the team complete 

Was reallly hoping we'd get Vanguard since Darkstar came out. I think the black smoke effects from IronHeart work well on DS, but she needs her own energy effects though. But Vanguard in his original outfit, with the Overlapping Symbols of the Worker’s State, would be killer. Bring in classic Crimson Dynamo, and add Vostok and Red Widow....oh yeah.