Marvel Legends The Sentry Video Review And Images

Outsiders

Dan Who? Reviews takes a look at the new Marvel Legends The Sentry from Hasbro.  This figure is sold as a Walgreens Exclusive in the United States and a Gamestop Exclusive in Canada.

Check out images for this set below in our GALLERY and be sure to share your own thoughts about it in the COMMENTS SECTION.

Marvel_Legends_Sentry_By_Dan88w_01.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Sentry_By_Dan88w_02.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Sentry_By_Dan88w_03.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Sentry_By_Dan88w_04.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Sentry_By_Dan88w_05.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Sentry_By_Dan88w_06.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Sentry_By_Dan88w_07.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Sentry_By_Dan88w_08.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Sentry_By_Dan88w_09.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Sentry_By_Dan88w_10.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Sentry_By_Dan88w_11.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Sentry_By_Dan88w_12.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Sentry_By_Dan88w_13.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Sentry_By_Dan88w_14.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Sentry_By_Dan88w_15.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Sentry_By_Dan88w_16.jpg

I honestly don't think this figure is that much better then the previous in my eyes, I don't care enough about Sentry to want to replace the old one, it's a fine figure, has good new parts, but seems too bright, and that face sculpt just seems a bit off, it's good to see they got this guy back out with a re-do, but I'll stick with what I already have.

Pure garbage I've had it with Marvel Legends line leaders and sculpters THEY SUCK !!!! They keep making crappy shotty figs that are poor quality for example The Sentry is a one of the most POWERFUL super beings in the Marvel universe and they put him a dumb sculpt where his legs are too short & the color is like baby toy type color hardly any detail on his body mold nor cape . The Senty is a mighty character that should have is OWN mold instead of using a mediocre mold like Grim Reaper mold I mean how stupid is that ? They did the same thing with Mr Hyde where they took a Marvel character like him that runs , spreads his legs and back I mean Mr Hyde moves like the Hulk & what does Marvel Legends leaders do ? They make a Mr Hyde and put it in the Kingpin Body mold where you cant hardly pose him . I can go on and on of how they screw up iconic characters by putting them in terrible molds they need to fire the Marvel Legends line leaders all 3 of them and the sculpters they obviously dont read or know Marvel Characters 

On 8/20/2022 at 10:51 PM, superiorspidermanfan said:

Pure garbage I've had it with Marvel Legends line leaders and sculpters THEY SUCK !!!! They keep making crappy shotty figs that are poor quality for example The Sentry is a one of the most POWERFUL super beings in the Marvel universe and they put him a dumb sculpt where his legs are too short & the color is like baby toy type color hardly any detail on his body mold nor cape .

Sentry is 6'. Captain America is 6' 2". Grim Reaper is 6'4". If anything the mold is actually too big for him.

Not a huge fan of Sentry. Not quite sure why he was necessary, I think we were all quite happy with Hyperion as Marvel's version of Superman. But I suppose if he's gonna be a thing I'm happy to have the updated figure. Other than the entirety of the ridiculousness of the Hyperion mold I really had no problem with the last Sentry figure, but this one is much better. Size wise it actually hangs pretty well with the Hyperion mold, but it's clearly much better. Out the gate I'm pretty sure Dan or one of the guys said it was on the Reaper mold, but that doesn't seem to be the case. Maybe the legs are but the torso is a little beefier without having that Leifeldishly grotesque chest like the Hyperion buck had. Cool head sculpts, accurate colors, nice new or retooled body mold, an overall improvement. I like it and it looks to be worth a buy.

Now the Rumors are that Hyperion will be in the next season of Loki and Henry Cavill may be taking up the role. While I had my fingers crossed he would actually be cast as Captain Britain, this would also be a brilliant move by Disney/Marvel. If this is true I would hope we could get an updated figure of the comic version of him before the inevitable takeover of the MCU/Disney+ version.

On 8/21/2022 at 6:19 AM, monron999 said:

Not a huge fan of Sentry. Not quite sure why he was necessary, I think we were all quite happy with Hyperion as Marvel's version of Superman. But I suppose if he's gonna be a thing I'm happy to have the updated figure. Other than the entirety of the ridiculousness of the Hyperion mold I really had no problem with the last Sentry figure, but this one is much better. Size wise it actually hangs pretty well with the Hyperion mold, but it's clearly much better. Out the gate I'm pretty sure Dan or one of the guys said it was on the Reaper mold, but that doesn't seem to be the case. Maybe the legs are but the torso is a little beefier without having that Leifeldishly grotesque chest like the Hyperion buck had. Cool head sculpts, accurate colors, nice new or retooled body mold, an overall improvement. I like it and it looks to be worth a buy.

Now the Rumors are that Hyperion will be in the next season of Loki and Henry Cavill may be taking up the role. While I had my fingers crossed he would actually be cast as Captain Britain, this would also be a brilliant move by Disney/Marvel. If this is true I would hope we could get an updated figure of the comic version of him before the inevitable takeover of the MCU/Disney+ version.

The concept of Sentry as "no matter how powerful you are, depression can effectively render you powerless" is interesting in theory, but in practice makes for boring comics since you either get A) artwork where he is mostly just stting around in his room while others try and cheer him up/persuade him to act  or B) he does go into action and being so overpowered, quickly neutralizes whatever the threat is, making the rest of the heroes unnecessary.  Superman works better in the DC universe where the heroes overall tend to be more powerful.  Superman type characters tend to work better as villains in Marvel.  all imo of course.

a new hyperion figure would be cool, especially if it is (ironically) on a new buck rather than the hyperion buck lol. But time for some other members of the Squadron Supreme, feels like Doc Spectrum would be easy and visually interesting enough.  Whizzer  has more 616 ties. Of course i say all this having never bought the Nighthawk figure they made.

off topic but speaking of Doc Spectrum makes me want a 3-D Man figure as well, from Hulk 251. make him part of some red-green holiday themed set if you must hasbro, but get it done!

On 8/22/2022 at 8:30 AM, bashpics99 said:

The concept of Sentry as "no matter how powerful you are, depression can effectively render you powerless" is interesting in theory, but in practice makes for boring comics since you either get A) artwork where he is mostly just stting around in his room while others try and cheer him up/persuade him to act  or B) he does go into action and being so overpowered, quickly neutralizes whatever the threat is, making the rest of the heroes unnecessary.  Superman works better in the DC universe where the heroes overall tend to be more powerful.  Superman type characters tend to work better as villains in Marvel.  all imo of course.

a new hyperion figure would be cool, especially if it is (ironically) on a new buck rather than the hyperion buck lol. But time for some other members of the Squadron Supreme, feels like Doc Spectrum would be easy and visually interesting enough.  Whizzer  has more 616 ties. Of course i say all this having never bought the Nighthawk figure they made.

off topic but speaking of Doc Spectrum makes me want a 3-D Man figure as well, from Hulk 251. make him part of some red-green holiday themed set if you must hasbro, but get it done!

Yeah, the whole depression awareness thing is an admirable thing, but I think it was more of a byproduct of a few guys who have that tendency to fancy themselves as much more talented and capable then they actually are thinking they could take a classic concept and do it much better. One guy in particular has that reputation as a "One-Upper" among his peers.

What it all eventually boiled down to was one character that is so powerful that he chooses not to risk using them to save the world and lives on the possibility that he might lose control and release the Void. Seriously, can anyone remember reading any story where he has a significant role where he doesn't make it a point that the Void is just right there waiting to take over? He's practically useless unless he's being used to demonstrate just how powerful a villain is by slapping him around a bit.

As far as the Squadron Supreme, I 100 percent agree, they are a much wasted asset that should have been better used long ago instead of promoting crap teams like Inhumans and now Eternals. Sure, they were tongue and cheek copies of the Justice League, but hey, if you wanna show how awesome you are as a comic book publisher what better way to do it than taking your biggest competitors concept and doing it better, and hopefully better than the guys behind Sentry. Can you imagine if they had done a Squadron Supreme movie either before or competing with the Justice League movie and it turned out better than the Justice League movie? With Marvel Studio's history that would have been completely feasible. You gotta wonder what that would have done to the DC and WB as a production company.