Hasbro Marvel Legends Retro Cardback Ghost Rider Johnny Blaze Figure Revealed

JayC

Hasbro today released this preview image for their upcomning Marvel Legends Retro Cardback Ghost Rider Johnny Blaze figure which they say will include 6 accessories, including his iconic flame chain. Look for this to be available for pre-order later this month!

Johnny-Blaze.jpg

Johnny-Blaze1.jpg

Johnny-Blaze2.jpg

Johnny-Blaze3.jpg

Johnny-Blaze4.jpg

Johnny-Blaze5.jpg

So this is the Ghost Rider I told you all was coming back in May. No this isnt part of a wave as in a wave of Ghost Rider Retro figures being released all at the same time.  Will this be the last Retro Cardback Ghostrider we get? I doubt it, just like I am sure we will see more Iron Man Retro Cardback figures besides War Machine. These are basically fan channel exclusives getting released sporadically throughout the year.

Oh yes finally a new Ghost Rider, this whole thing package and figure (despite just being the old figure) look amazing as a Packaged presentation, I'm beyond excited to see these retro cards and what might come in the future, do I wish this was a Dan and Not Johnny yeah sure, but I'll take this great looking Johnny, too bad there isn't a bike, but whatever...this looks excellent.I'm buying 2!

Another old, already-done figure dug out of the pile.

But at least this time, it has a different paint scheme, effects, additional hands that we've not seen before ( I don't think so but), and an additional head. And instead of a normal Johnny Blaze head (which could've been the Quasar or Johnny Storm, etc) they went with one in mid-transition. Tortured, anguished. SMART CHOICE. I have to believe die-hard Ghost Rider fans are gonna really like this.

Immediately I'm with everyone else about wishing it was any other version of GR that another Johnny Blaze, but if Hasbro knows anything it's how to milk an anniversary or keystone event. In reality the anniversary should only actually apply to the Blaze version of GR so it only makes sense he's first outta the gate and gets top billing, but I'm fairly certain that they will do at least a Riders set of Danny Ketch GR and possibly a Riders Vengeance set, because Toybiz did them both. Of course we all know the Haslab will be Robbie and the Hell Charger, but what I'm really curious to find out is exactly how much they're gonna include in the set (minus the tier rewards) to convince us to part with at least $300. Maybe a double set with Nightmare and his horse. I dunno, can't wait to find out. And it better be good if they want another big chunk of my cash.

All in all though I expect to get some pretty good GR adjacent and other Mystical characters out of this anniversary event. Maybe a wave or two with characters like Blackout, Deathwatch, Helstrom, Caretaker, Werewolf by Night, Lilith and all sorts of others with at least one set having Blackheart as the BAF. There might be some Midnight Sons Gamerverse business in there, maybe a Mephisto Deluxe set with his throne as an online exclusive, maybe a Nick Cage figure in there to get the Actor Figure collectors all worked up, the door's wide open. Whatever it is you can bet they are gonna try their best to get as much money out of us as they can. And if they can get to at least a few of the things I pointed out above they can have it. I've save up a lot of cash from all the subpar MCU and Disney+ garbage they've been putting out lately.

It looks nice and all, especially with the retro card to compliment it, but am already feeling pretty burned out from the repaint game that they‘re playing so hard at it seems like. It’s just the same Blaze but sporting Ketch colors. The first 2 figures were more accurate.

On 8/20/2022 at 4:38 PM, tarot said:

This also give us a greater hint at where Orb is going. Either it will be part of the Retro wave a stand alone figure. Given the obscurity of the character, the wave is the more likely place.

When Dwight teased the gun he said it was part of an unknown wave, remember?

On 8/20/2022 at 10:45 PM, MODADDYDODOK said:

It looks nice and all, especially with the retro card to compliment it, but am already feeling pretty burned out from the repaint game that they‘re playing so hard at it seems like. It’s just the same Blaze but sporting Ketch colors. The first 2 figures were more accurate.

Yeah they should have gone with the blue

SO, who else are we guessing we might get in a Ghost Rider Wave? Guessing that between this and the Haslab project, we could get any or all of the following: Blackheart, Blackout, Lilith, Orb, Nightmare, Mephisto, Vengeance, Werewolf By Night, Outcast, and Zarathos? My guess is Mephisto and Blackheart and Lilith will be tier add-ins with the Haslab, while Blackout, Orb, Nightmare and Vengeance are likely candidates for the GR Wave.

On 8/21/2022 at 10:52 PM, Psychosomatic said:

SO, who else are we guessing we might get in a Ghost Rider Wave? Guessing that between this and the Haslab project, we could get any or all of the following: Blackheart, Blackout, Lilith, Orb, Nightmare, Mephisto, Vengeance, Werewolf By Night, Outcast, and Zarathos? My guess is Mephisto and Blackheart and Lilith will be tier add-ins with the Haslab, while Blackout, Orb, Nightmare and Vengeance are likely candidates for the GR Wave.

Dan Ketch Ghost Rider, Vengeance and orb are the three that all most are assuming will be in it. I think they may do Scarecrow as well. Blackheart would be too big for a standard retro card though. 

On 8/21/2022 at 2:56 PM, tarot said:

Dan Ketch Ghost Rider, Vengeance and orb are the three that all most are assuming will be in it. I think they may do Scarecrow as well. Blackheart would be too big for a standard retro card though. 

Totally agree on Blackheart (that is why I think he might be planned for the Haslab, along with Mephisto who everyone believes is too controversial for Retail, and Lilith since the last two Haslabs have included a female figure), and I hadn't even thought of Scarecrow (good call).  Yeah, hope we get a Ketch GR in there too!  Can't wait for more info - Ghost Rider and Doctor Strange are two of my earliest memories of comics in the 70's! 

On 8/21/2022 at 2:30 PM, Psychosomatic said:

"Totally agree on Blackheart (that is why I think he might be planned for the Haslab, along with Mephisto who everyone believes is too controversial for Retail..."

Not everyone believes that. Some posters on forums like this might think so, but there were also people who believed there could never be double elbow/bicep swivel for female figs. Just because we havent seen Legends do him yet, doesn't mean they won't do him. They haven't done Gorgon or any number of other Marvel characters yet either.

I myself have pointed out time and again that there's no evidence whatsoever from hasbro that won't do Mephisto; Select has already done him, and Toybiz Legends has already done Blackheart. Red Goblin, Demogoblin, Ghost Rider, Dormammu and of course Surtur- all of them retail. Let's just hope that when they do make him, they do it right! lol

On 8/21/2022 at 7:27 PM, Atlantis said:

Not everyone believes that. Some posters on forums like this might think so, but there were also people who believed there could never be double elbow/bicep swivel for female figs. Just because we havent seen Legends do him yet, doesn't mean they won't do him. They haven't done Gorgon or any number of other Marvel characters yet either.

I myself have pointed out time and again that there's no evidence whatsoever from hasbro that won't do Mephisto; Select has already done him, and Toybiz Legends has already done Blackheart. Red Goblin, Demogoblin, Ghost Rider, Dormammu and of course Surtur- all of them retail. Let's just hope that when they do make him, they do it right! lol

Yeah, I'm not even sure where that assumption about Mephisto even came from. I actually think it was someone on these forums that suggested it or said they heard someone on the ML team suggest it, but no one I know of has been able to locate the quote or video. I think it was just put out there and people took it as fact because it actually sounds like the kind of hypocritical, illogical, senseless, backwards, double speak Disney has that tendency towards, but there's really nothing in Mephisto or Blackheart that directly ties with "the Devil" and I think that they did Ghost Rider at all indicates that they don't have that much problem doing occult type characters. I think Mephisto will eventually be done, but I still do think it will be done as a deluxe set with his thrown as an online or Amazon exclusive. It just makes more sense to me, not only as a way to make more money on a long awaited figure they know a large percentage of the fanbase will get, but as a figure Toybiz never did and they want to probably go all out on. I do think Blackheart will be a BAF just for sheer size sake as I think he requires a little more plastic that Hasbro likes to use for tier rewards.