Let's fill out the Ghost Rider Retro Wave

leokearon

With the Johnny Blaze Retro Ghost Rider reveal, it looks like we are going to be getting a Retro Ghost Rider wave soon. Thanks to a recent tease it loks liket he Orb will be part of this wave, we can also assume given the Retro Line was based in the 90's that a Dan Ketch Ghost Rider is also likely so who should the remaining four figures be. Basically anyone from Ghost Rider, Midnight Suns and general Marvel Supernatural are possible candidates.

1. Ghost Rider (Dan Ketch)
  2. The Orb
  3. ?
  4. ?
  5. ?
  6. ?

I'm hoping we get Dan Ketch but I hope it's a deluxe with Bike, so likely that wouldn't be on a retro card

What do I wish we'd get in this wave well Blackheart, Mephisto, Zarathos, Werewolf By Night, Orb and Vengeance most.

what I think we might see is

1. Dan Ketch (no bike)

2. Blaze

3. Blackout

4. Outcast

5. Vengeance (no bike)

6. Zarathos

I can see them doing a ton of the figures from the actual old Toybiz wave, that's why I speculated with these, Orb obivously is coming somewhere but I'm not sure if I feel he's going to go on the retro card back, they could probably pop him into a BAF wave not ghost rider associated.

1. The Orb (if not part of the Haslab)

2. Blackout

3. Scarecrow

4. Deathwatch

5. Lilith

6. Vengeance (Kowalski)

I'd really love to see Ketch as a deluxe release with his bike and I'd have put Zadkiel, but probably a much better deluxe figure anyways.

• 2 months later...
On 11/14/2022 at 2:42 PM, McHogan said:

Boy the HasLab failing has really put a damper on Ghost Riders Anniversary... seems no one is talking about any potential product coming.. the wind was taken out of the sails on this for sure

You said it. Then again this is what happens when unrelenting greed is unchecked. Fact is, they could have made their overpriced goals if they had simply listened to their customers. Now, what they're saying is the figures will "never be available again", which really just comes off like the pouty whiney kid who didn't get his way, snatched up all his stuff and stomped off the playground. Yeah? Well don't let the screen door hit ya. 

If a new marketing/sales head/project manager etc comes in, who's more mature and has a better eye for the market, maybe they can look at this in a few months, shell out the PROPER figures and move on.

Agree with everything you've said. 

And this really speaks to how Hasbro moves forward with future HasLab offerings.

At first, I was only in if the early bird special made the goal even though I was shocked (SHOCKED!!!!) at the price. When that failed, I was tentatively in when they added the Robbie Reyes extra head ( but $350 is awfully high for a car and 1 figure) The tiers would eventually determine if I would back the project.. then the tiers came in.. MEPHISTO!!! ( I guess, not the Mephisto I wanted).. maybe but $350 is kinda high... then the Goblin Queen!!! ( I guess, not the GQ that drove me crazy as a young teenager)....  hmmm... could be cool but $350 is still to high...HellStorm ( is it though? Maybe Ultimate HellStorm?!?!) Ugh... even with three big names in their maybe 4th most recognizable suits $350 is still too much. 

I stated waaay back when the Sentinel  was announced that us fans needed to be careful of what we would pay for these HasLabs as Hasbro could set any price as their minimum... so this Ghost Rider Haslab was bittersweet. I'm bummed that a project that should have been a home run failed miserably but im glad that the fans have spoken that we wont pay ANY price.I backed both Sentinel and Galactus but this GR project was bizarre from the very start. Price was too high, the (arguably) 3rd most recognizable GR, tiers were most wanted but slightly off,the price was too high.. etc..price, price price price

Moving forward I hope Hasbro has learned their lesson. Listen to us fans and give us the product that equals the price. And don't threaten us with most wanted characters locked behind unattainable stretch goals. 

As an Avengers guy, I'm hoping Reyes GR gets a solo release someday. Too bad it will be without his car. But I guess thats hiw we got the OG GR originally... plus not sure where I would have stored/ displayed the car