Ben Kingsley To Return As Trevor Slattery In Marvel's Wonder Man Series

Outsiders

Variety has confirmed that Ben Kingsley will reprise his role as Trevor Slattery in the Marvel/Disney+ series Wonder Man.

Wonder Man follows Simon Williams, who is the son of a wealthy industrialist whose company falls on hard times due to competition from Tony Stark’s Stark Industries. Williams then accepts an offer from villain Baron Zemo that gives him ionic superpowers including super strength and durability. After fighting the Avengers several times, Wonder Man ultimately joined their ranks.

Kingsley first portrayed Slattery in "Iron Man 3."  In that film, Slattery has been hired to portray a terrorist leader known as The Mandarin, but his true identity is revealed in the end and he is arrested. He then appeared in the short film “All Hail the King,” which shows Slattery in prison before he is broken out by someone working for the real Mandarin. Most recently, Kingsley played Slattery in “Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings.” He was taken prisoner by The Mandarin, Shang-Chi’s father Xu Wenwu, who kept him alive as a sort of court jester. Shang-Chi and his friends eventually help him escape and he in turn helps them defeat Wenwu.

Source: Variety

On 8/30/2022 at 11:31 PM, ADour said:

That's awesome. Trevor was one of my favorite parts of Shang-Chi, and I'm glad they've embraced him.

Yeah I loved Trevor's appearance in Shang Chi, I'm totally happy they won't stop using him as a character because Ben Kingsley is an amazing actor, I still am super bummed that his Mandarin wasn't a real mandarin he was really awesome and menacing in the first act of Iron Man 3, that was one of the biggest whoa moments when he turns out to be a phony, I still think that was a bad use for such a great actor, but at least they have Trevor still going. maybe they can shift him into a real threat villain in the Wonder Man series Ben could be like Gravitron in the end, his real name was always franklin hall and he was a failed scientist before being an actor, as a twist, just a thought.

It's gonna be interesting to see what he's up to now. Although I have to say, given the topic is a marvel show, it's really not a good idea to make a show about everyone...Wonder Man is gonna be a new hero to the MCU, so the idea of introducing him through his show isn't unreasonable, but don't forget that we're also getting shows for Agatha and Echo and Okoye and God knows what else. Things are already getting out of control with all the content in my opinion. I'm a hardcore fan and I've been able to keep up, and still excited for what the future of the MCU holds, but it's getting a little too exhausting. They need to set their priorities and limit the content. Not everyone (main or side character) needs a show, it doesn't feel very special anymore. 

I  wonder (no pun intended) if they're going to change his powers the way they did for Ms. Marvel. Is the ionic energy form in or out, will he just have super strength, what will be the basis of his powers, etc.

I'm a bit concerned but at this point there's not enough info to know either way. We'll see....

At any rate, if any of the comic figures are ever going to be made (FA green/red, red safari jacket, Ionic form) they likely won't appear before the show kicks off.

Then again, that would be the most logical sequence, and they don't necessarily follow....