Avengers Assemble Brings Jason Aaron's Avengers Era To An End With An Extraordinary Saga Across Space And Time

JayC

Starting in November, Marvel Comics visionary Jason Aaron will conclude his incredible work on the Avengers mythos in AVENGERS ASSEMBLE!

For nearly five years, the superstar writer has penned an epic Avengers story across over 60 issues of AVENGERS as well as titles like AVENGERS ASSEMBLE and AVENGERS of 1,000,000 BC and now he’ll wrap things up in style in one epic crossover! AVENGERS ASSEMBLE will kick off in November’s AVENGERS ASSEMBLE: ALPHA one-shot before crossing over between issues of AVENGERS and AVENGERS FOREVER beginning in December. Aaron will be joined by a trio of astounding comic talents including artist Bryan Hitch as well as regular AVENGERS and AVENGERS FOREVER artists Javier Garrón and Aaron Kuder.

From throughout time and the far corners of the Multiverse, the Mightiest Heroes of All the Earths are assembling as never before for a battle beyond all imagining. A war that will take us from the prehistoric beginnings of an Earth under assault by the greatest villains who’ve ever lived to the watchtower that stands at the dark heart of the all and the always, where an army of unprecedented evil now rises. The biggest Avengers saga in Marvel history is on the horizon and right now, fans can see how the story will unfold come December!

In AVENGERS #63, it’s the showdown fans have been waiting for—THE BATTLE OF 1,000,000 BC! The Avengers stand face-to-face with their prehistoric counterparts, the Avengers of 1,000,000 BC! But if the two groups cannot work together, they have no hope of defeating Doom Supreme and his marauding band of Multiversal Masters of Evil, who have come to erase all of Marvel history as we know it..

In AVENGERS FOREVER #12, witness THE SIEGE OF INFINITY TOWER! The all Steve Rogers Howling Commandos. The interstellar air force that is the Carol Corps. The Star Panther. The God of Fists. The Invincible Ant-Man, Tony Stark. Together, they are the greatest army of Avengers ever assembled. But will they be enough to protect the Avengers Tower at Infinity’s End? Because Mephisto has come to claim that tower’s secrets, and he’s brought an army of his own.

“Four years of Avengers stories. Threads from really every major series I've worked on throughout my last decade and a half at Marvel, from Ghost Rider to Thor. It all leads to this. The biggest Avengers story I could possibly imagine,” Aaron said. “Featuring a cavalcade of characters from across creation. And I'm so deeply thrilled and honored that it all kicks off with an oversized Alpha issue that's being drawn by the legendary Bryan Hitch, who I'm getting to work with here for the very first time. Avengers Assemble. Say the words like a prayer. It's the only thing that can save you.

Check out the covers below and stay tuned for more news about AVENGERS ASSEMBLE in the weeks ahead!

AVENGERS ASSEMBLE ALPHA #1
Written by JASON AARON
Art and Cover by BRYAN HITCH
On Sale 11/30

AVENGERS #63 – Part 2 of “Avengers Assemble”
Written by JASON AARON
Art and Cover by JAVIER GARRÓN
On Sale 12/7

AVENGERS FOREVER #12 – Part 3 of “Avengers Assemble”
Written by JASON AARON
Art and Cover by AARON KUDER
On Sale 12/21

AVEN2018063_Cover.jpg

AVENG_ASSEMBLE_ALPHA_1_Cover.jpg

AVNFOR2021012_Cover.jpg

On 9/8/2022 at 1:59 AM, leokearon said:

Thank Primus, he's leaving. Easily one of the worst Avengers writers. Hopefully his successor will do a much better job, they can't do any worse to be honest.

Yeah, you could probably take the word "Avengers" out of that statement and it still be accurate.

The really sad thing is I can't think of anyone who would actually do a better job. Dan Slott, Donny Cates? I guess it depends on whether you prefer clones or symbiotes.

On 9/8/2022 at 4:22 PM, monron999 said:

Yeah, you could probably take the word "Avengers" out of that statement and it still be accurate.

The really sad thing is I can't think of anyone who would actually do a better job. Dan Slott, Donny Cates? I guess it depends on whether you prefer clones or symbiotes.

To be honest I would go with someone like Al Ewing or Jim Zub, people who actually have a grasp on the Avengers and the Marvel Universe

• 1 month later...

On the eve of their 60th anniversary, the Avengers will embark on one of their greatest epics yet in AVENGERS ASSEMBLE! Uniting the Avengers, Avengers Forever, and Avengers of 1,000,000, for a multiverse-spanning conflict, this monumental saga will serve as the incredible finale of Jason Aaron’s era of Avengers and it all kicks off next month in AVENGERS ASSEMBLE ALPHA #1! To mark the occasion and honor the team’s upcoming milestone, artist J. Scott Campbell has turned out his newest anniversary variant cover! Assembling the team’s classic Silver Age lineup, this AVENGERS ASSEMBLE ALPHA #1 variant cover is the latest in the best-selling artist’s line of variant covers celebrating the anniversaries of Marvel’s greatest heroes!

“It’s a thrill and an honor to create cover art celebrating the anniversary of characters that have become so iconic and ingrained in our culture,” Campbell said. “I really wanted to make images that would have a visual bridge from the pulpy 4 color origins of these monumental heroes to the modern day slick coloring and production we are now all familiar with.”

Like Campbell’s previous anniversary covers, fans can also pick up the AVENGERS ASSEMBLE ALPHA #1 ANNIVERSARY VARIANT COVER in retro and virgin editions! Check them out now and stay tuned for more of J. Scott Campbell’s anniversary covers to be revealed in the months ahead!

AVENGERS ASSEMBLE ALPHA #1
Written by JASON AARON
Art by BRYAN HITCH
Anniversary Variant Cover by J. SCOTT CAMPBELL - 75960620432800151
Retro Anniversary Variant Cover by J. SCOTT CAMPBELL - 75960620432800171
Virgin Anniversary Variant Cover by J. SCOTT CAMPBELL – 75960620432800161
On Sale 11/23

Avengers_Assemble_Alpha_1_JSC_Anniversary_Retro.jpg

Avengers_Assemble_Alpha_1_JSC_Anniversary.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Later this month, fans will witness the opening battle of the greatest conflict in Avengers history in AVENGERS ASSEMBLE ALPHA #1! The one-shot will kick off a crossover saga between Jason Aaron’s AVENGERS and AVENGERS FOREVER titles and serve as the conclusion to the comic visionary’s nearly five-year run on the franchise. Readers should prepare for a war beyond all imagination as Avengers Tower at Infinity’s End falls under assault by the ultimate forces of evil including the Multiversal Masters of Evil and Mephisto. The Avengers that fans know and love will unite with heroes from the past, future, and far reaches of the multiverse to defend Avengers Tower and the fate of Marvel history as we know it. Can they work together? And will their power be enough to prevent the end of all that is? Read on to discover what February’s installments of AVENGERS ASSMBLE will bring, including bold concepts that threaten shatter the Avengers mythos and new players that will turn the tide of this incredible showdown.

In AVENGERS #65, learn the secrets of Avenger Prime, the most important Avenger in the Multiverse! He’s spent years manning a watchtower at the heart of all creation all by himself. Now his story can be told, as he suddenly finds himself no longer alone, but instead surrounded by an unbelievable gathering of heroes.

In AVENGERS FOREVER #14, behold the greatest gathering of Avengers in the history of ever! The mightiest heroes of the Multiverse. The protectors of the prehistoric Earth. And the mainstay Avengers of the present-day Marvel Universe. At last, they all stand together in one place, united against a common foe. What enemy could dare stand against the greatest force ever assembled? Here comes Doom the Living Planet with the answer.

Check out the covers now and be there when the biggest Avengers saga in Marvel history begins on November 30 in AVENGERS ASSEMBLE ALPHA #1!

AVENGERS #65 - Part 6 of “Avengers Assemble”
Written by JASON AARON
Art and Cover by JAVIER GARRÓN
On Sale 2/1

AVENGERS FOREVER #14 - Part 7 of “Avengers Assemble”
Written by JASON AARON
Art aby JIM TOWE
Cover by AARON KUDER
On Sale 2/15

AVEN2018065_Cov.jpg

00-AVNFOR2021014_Cov.jpg

I expect that "Avenger Prime" is gonna turn out to be someone like Starbrand or Ghost Rider. A character that I don't care for, that shouldn't be an Avenger to begin with. I can't wait for this boring ass run to be finished. Thank the stars that Aaron is coming up on his home stretch. Hopefully, his successor will be someone who actually cares about classic Avengers characters and their lore. I'm tired of the current books kowtowing to MCU synergy and/or throwing crap at the wall to see who/what sticks. I don't want Nighthawk, Blade, Ghost Rider, Starbrand, etc. on the roster. It's time for characters like Wanda, Vision, Simon, Pietro, Clint etc. to return to the fold. Make the Avengers a classic flagship title again.

Is that “Avenger Prime” on the cover of #65? Looks a bit like Namor. Is this how the comics will re-write him into an Aztec? This is when the MCU synergy thing doesn’t need to be a thing.

Aaron’s run had me interested enough to grab a few trades but I quickly lost interest. It ended up feeling worse than when Bendis threw in every big name into the Avengers. Fun for about a minute, then his shortcomings as a writer were on full display. 

Bendis: who says I can’t write? Didn’t you see how many characters I killed? Where were you when I ignored decades of continuity because it wouldn’t fit into my current story? 

F@%$ing hate that guy...

On 11/11/2022 at 2:17 PM, McHogan said:

"...Is that “Avenger Prime” on the cover of #65? Looks a bit like Namor. Is this how the comics will re-write him into an Aztec? This is when the MCU synergy thing doesn’t need to be a thing...."

I am really hoping this isnt what they're doing. The Sub-Mariner was their first superhero, and fundamentally changing him from an Atlantean to an Aztec just craps all over the writing and storyline done for him for the last 80 years. Its bad enough that they're doing it for the movies; doing it for the comics disrupts continuity not just for him, but a good deal of the Marvel Universe as  a whole. Let the movies be their thing, the comics do THEIR thing.

On 11/12/2022 at 6:31 AM, Atlantis said:

I am really hoping this isnt what they're doing. The Sub-Mariner was their first superhero, and fundamentally changing him from an Atlantean to an Aztec just craps all over the writing and storyline done for him for the last 80 years. Its bad enough that they're doing it for the movies; doing it for the comics disrupts continuity not just for him, but a good deal of the Marvel Universe as  a whole. Let the movies be their thing, the comics do THEIR thing.

I whole-heartedly agree

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...