Marvel Studios’ Special Presentation: Werewolf By Night Trailer

JayC

On 9/19/2022 at 6:57 PM, Atlantis said:

YES. I've been screaming this forever. When Morlun came out I thought for a beat he might be a good buck for Count Dracula, but the figure's way too small. Dracula is 6'5" so he needs a bigger "civilian" mold. That red armor thing looks like a nod to the Coppola movie, supposedly Bram Stoker's version. But that armor Oldman's wearing never existed in the original novel. A brand new, Colan-accurate figure, is long overdue.

The Colan-Wolfman (no pun intended) Tomb of Dracula is the perfect depiction of Count Dracula. Marvel is sitting on a gold mine, and they really need to put this into production.

Bram Stoker's Dracula is definitely not an accurate adaptation of the novel. I agree though we need a Dracula, though I suspect they might go for the armour sincee it's the look he has in the comcis and other media and therefore might draw in more interest from the public.

Possibly. But his Colan look is the iconic version, and he had that for way longer. As far as Werewolf By Night, I'm thinking its the reverse- people would be more interested in his "updated" wolf look, as opposed to the comic version (which was based more on the old 40s movies). But the Werewolf really does need a Marvel Legend figure; if nothing else they re-paint it for the Man-Wolf from Spider-Man's gallery, another figure that we haven't seen/ is in need of an update.

Three weeks, I'm hoping the show is gonna be great!

On 9/20/2022 at 3:08 AM, Atlantis said:

Three weeks, I'm hoping the show is gonna be great!

Yeah this movie has me really excited, the black & white, the nod to old horror, the idea they are using the Jack Russel WBN and he looks classic, Elsa being in this, Man-Thing, oh boy, I want this like today.

I also will not stop squealing about when can we get our Horror Legends!, box set, wave I don't care....this is the perfect opportunity, I hope Hascon they just drop some Horror figures right out, at least a new WBN and Man-Thing (so I can stop crying about trying to build that BAF) to coincide with this film.

On 9/27/2022 at 8:18 PM, Lord_Scareglow said:

Yeah this movie has me really excited, the black & white, the nod to old horror, the idea they are using the Jack Russel WBN and he looks classic, Elsa being in this, Man-Thing, oh boy, I want this like today.

I also will not stop squealing about when can we get our Horror Legends!, box set, wave I don't care....this is the perfect opportunity, I hope Hascon they just drop some Horror figures right out, at least a new WBN and Man-Thing (so I can stop crying about trying to build that BAF) to coincide with this film.

All new tooling for these figures. They're so hot to jack up prices, well this would be the one opportunity where it could be justified. A beautiful box set, Dracula TOTALLY straight from the comics, maybe even a coffin accessory for him (Select was in there) . Frankenstein, some manacles/chains for him. The Mummy- just enough of his rotted corpse peeking under the filthy wrappings. Werewolf, digitigrade legs, maybe an articulated jaw, brand new body (that can be the basis for Man Wolf if they want), off the hook Satana, maybe some Garth Zombie or even the original Blade....

On 9/28/2022 at 1:43 AM, Atlantis said:

All new tooling for these figures. They're so hot to jack up prices, well this would be the one opportunity where it could be justified. A beautiful box set, Dracula TOTALLY straight from the comics, maybe even a coffin accessory for him (Select was in there) . Frankenstein, some manacles/chains for him. The Mummy- just enough of his rotted corpse peeking under the filthy wrappings. Werewolf, digitigrade legs, maybe an articulated jaw, brand new body (that can be the basis for Man Wolf if they want), off the hook Satana, maybe some Garth Zombie or even the original Blade....

yeah that all sounds fantastic, I really don't care at this point how they do it all, I'm sure nothing your mind has spun would come to fruition, lets be honest they'd likely do the bare minimum, like a re-purposed jackal as WBN, a re-purposed Morlun as Dracula, a N'Kantu who uses some elements of Sleepwalker, Frank basically being a new head on the AOA Sabretooth, Living Zombie who uses Zombie Cap Parts, no Satana, maybe a Blade that's just the one they previously released but with the "trenchcoat" .... but I'd still be suckered in.

On 9/27/2022 at 9:52 PM, Lord_Scareglow said:

yeah that all sounds fantastic, I really don't care at this point how they do it all, I'm sure nothing your mind has spun would come to fruition, lets be honest they'd likely do the bare minimum, like a re-purposed jackal as WBN, a re-purposed Morlun as Dracula, a N'Kantu who uses some elements of Sleepwalker, Frank basically being a new head on the AOA Sabretooth, Living Zombie who uses Zombie Cap Parts, no Satana, maybe a Blade that's just the one they previously released but with the "trenchcoat" .... but I'd still be suckered in.

Right but there's the problem- "suckered in". They keep doing the minimal, because too many fans allow themselves to be suckers. Now overall the substitutes here aren't awful....they just aren't accurate. Morlun is just way too short to be a decent Dracula (6'5"; don't think they have a "civilan" buck that works so it would need to be all new. But a Colan Tomb of Dracula warrants that, I'd say). Jackal and the rest could be kinda passable, I guess. The subs listed are, I agree, currently about 100% more likely to be seen than what we should get, but paying top dollar for sub-par, or "good enough" is just not where I want my money. 

It was ok. Didn't really work for me the way I hoped. They never fleshed out these hunters, they never explain why Bernal's character's last name is Russell, and they never explain anything about Man-Thing. Worst of all the Werewolf just doesn't look like a werewolf to me. I did like Elsa, though.

I'm gonna go back and watch it again, maybe I missed something the first time. 

On 10/8/2022 at 7:23 PM, Atlantis said:

It was ok. Didn't really work for me the way I hoped. They never fleshed out these hunters, they never explain why Bernal's character's last name is Russell, and they never explain anything about Man-Thing. Worst of all the Werewolf just doesn't look like a werewolf to me. I did like Elsa, though.

I'm gonna go back and watch it again, maybe I missed something the first time. 

I enjoyed it but was hoping the Werewolf looked closer to his comic appearance. Close.. just not enough hair.. I enjoyed Elsa too..

not a spoiler but the coolest thing for me was just after the Werewolf escaped the cage and the hunters were searching for him. His glowing eyes was a very nice touch

On 10/9/2022 at 7:27 PM, McHogan said:

I enjoyed it but was hoping the Werewolf looked closer to his comic appearance. Close.. just not enough hair.. I enjoyed Elsa too..

not a spoiler but the coolest thing for me was just after the Werewolf escaped the cage and the hunters were searching for him. His glowing eyes was a very nice touch

Yeah....he looked more like a guy in an ape suit to me, than he did a werewolf. The glowing eyes bit WAS cool though. 

Never really cared for the Lon Chaney Wolfman; I preferred the Oliver Reed werewolf from Curse of the Werewolf  (cool flick from 1961). And the 2010 remake of the Wolfman looked great too. Of course the werewolf from the 1981 the Howling just knocked 'em all out of the park. But all of those looked like werewolves to me; this one didn't quite make it. I'd love to see them tackle this again.

On 10/9/2022 at 11:39 PM, Atlantis said:

Yeah....he looked more like a guy in an ape suit to me, than he did a werewolf. The glowing eyes bit WAS cool though. 

Never really cared for the Lon Chaney Wolfman; I preferred the Oliver Reed werewolf from Curse of the Werewolf  (cool flick from 1961). Of course the werewolf from the 1981 the Howling just knocked 'em all out of the park. But all of those looked like werewolves to me; this one didn't quite make it. I'd love to see them tackle this again.

That’s it exactly, he looked like a guy in a cheap suit. I would have been fine keeping him close to humanoid as an homage to the comic but even the comic had him covered in fur. His initial appearance here was more unkempt savage man haha.

i was a bit surprised at the brutality in this special. Glad to see it but was still surprised.

to me, Dog Soldiers, The Howling, Bad Moon, are what I think of when I think “Werewolf”. But WBN was never more wolf than human. Scratch that, I recall his appearance early in the West Coast Avengers where he looked more wolf like. But this special was clearly going for comic-inspired. 

Man- Thing was fun but I’m pretty informed on who/ What he is. So I Understood what was happening. If viewers don’t know anything about him, this special doesn’t fill in any details. And glad to see he was very comic book in appearance. So much better than his “Stick Creature “ look from his stand alone movie. Tho that movie is a guilty pleasure of mine. 

On 10/9/2022 at 7:50 PM, McHogan said:

"...That’s it exactly, he looked like a guy in a cheap suit. I would have been fine keeping him close to humanoid as an homage to the comic but even the comic had him covered in fur. His initial appearance here was more unkempt savage man haha... Man- Thing was fun but I’m pretty informed on who/ What he is. So I Understood what was happening. If viewers don’t know anything about him, this special doesn’t fill in any details. And glad to see he was very comic book in appearance. So much better than his “Stick Creature “ look from his stand alone movie. Tho that movie is a guilty pleasure of mine..." 

Agree. He should've looked more like any of his comic book appearances instead of what they made. I thought they had it when we could see the "shadows" transformation.

And yes on Man-Thing.....we comic guys know who he is, we know Ted Sallis, we know "whoever knows fear burns at the Man-Thing's touch" but others in the audience don't (my girl and her friends kept asking how and why "those people got burnt"!) and the show shouldve explained that a bit.