Sebastian Stan Joins The Cast Of Marvel's Thunderbolts - Team Revealed

JayC

It was announced at D23 that the team of the upcoming Thunderbolts movie would include Julia Louis-Dreyfuss as Val, David Harbouras Red Guardian, Wyatt Russell as USAgent, Hannah John-Kamen as the Ghost, Florence Pugh as Yelena, Olga Kurylenko as Taskmaster - and Sebastian Stan as Bucky Barnes! Phase 5 will come to an end on July 26, 2024 with Thunderbolts.

Thuderbolts.jpg

Let's see. Five Super Soldiers, a ghost and a bureaucrat. Doesn't really instill all that much faith in the movie. Please tell me this isn't the final line up and there are actually gonna be some people with actual powers in this movie. Even both Suicide Squads had some sort of "Strong Guy" in the bunch.

Oh that's really not the team I'd have expected, certainly not the characters I'd have picked, would have been cool to see them introduce some new players like Moonstone, have Zemo as Citizen V, Songbird, Bullseye;s return? , whatever though they are going with a hodge podge of characters that work together technically, but most of these guys never were on the same Thunderbolts team at the same time, also don't mean to be a hater but I didn't think I needed more of this Taskmaster.

On 9/11/2022 at 3:31 PM, tarot said:

Guys, this is the initial team. Don't forget it's a series not a movie. That mean there will be more characters during the course of the series

Apparently it's a movie. not a series, but I do imagine we will see more of the Thunderbolts later on and likely more members added , but this would be the first line-up.

On 9/11/2022 at 2:31 PM, tarot said:

Guys, this is the initial team. Don't forget it's a series not a movie. That mean there will be more characters during the course of the series

On 9/11/2022 at 4:40 PM, Lord_Scareglow said:

Apparently it's a movie. not a series, but I do imagine we will see more of the Thunderbolts later on and likely more members added , but this would be the first line-up.

The announcement says it's a movie, but regardless if it's a movie or a series it's still looking pretty damn weak so far. It seems like they are trying too damn hard to not be the Suicide Squad by not making this a group of rehabilitated criminals, but I'm wondering why Feige, as confident as he is as the MCU is the superior universe, that he wouldn't attempt to out Suicide Squad the Suicide Squad. Between this and the changes he made to Namor I guess Feige has gotten quite comfortable taking a back seat to the DCEU.  

Not really a comic Thunderbolts fan, but I too would have liked to have seen a different cast. I'm looking forward to the MCU's take on what seems like it'll be a Suicide Squad-esque movie, but because of that, Bucky doesn't seem like he belongs here, given he's pretty much reached hero status at this point. It'll be interesting to see Yelena and Red Guardian together again after Black Widow, but Taskmaster should have been the Tony Masters version this time, it was fine in Black Widow to have that version of the character, but just because of the type of character she was, she was really bland and uninteresting. Masters would have been a much more interesting choice, I'm still hoping he shows up at some point here. The rest I all expected, but I would have loved for Abomination and Zemo to show up, it's possible they could still. I also hope maybe we get future versions of the team that include Deadpool, Bullseye, Punisher and Elektra.