New And Old Cast Members Returning for Captain America: New World Order

Outsiders

New and old cast members were mentioned during the Captain America: New World Order presentation at D23.

Anthony Mackie plays Sam Wilson and will finally step into the role of Captain America after Steve Rogers (Chris Evans) passed down the shield to him.  Time Blake Nelson will be returning as The Leader.  Nelson last appeared in 2008’s Incredible Hulk.  Carl Lumbly is also returning as Isaiah Bradley after playing him in Falcon and the Winter Soldier. Danny Ramirez returns as Joaquin Torres, and MCU newcomer Shira Haas will play Israeli hero Sabra.

Captain America: New World Order is being directed by Cloverfield Paradox director Julius Onah from a script by Falcon and the Winter Soldier creator Malcolm Spellman, and Dalan Musson.

The project is set to release on May 3rd, 2024.

Source: The Hollywood Reporter

Can’t wait. I actually liked F&WS except it felt rushed. Oh and their FlagSmasher was “meh”. 

Heres hoping this movie is closer to The Winter Soldier in terms of tone. Really liked that films “political thriller” aspects.

On 9/10/2022 at 6:29 PM, McHogan said:

Can’t wait. I actually liked F&WS except it felt rushed. Oh and their FlagSmasher was “meh”. 

Agreed. But take the "m" in "meh", change it to an "s", switch the "h" places with the "e" and change it to a "t" and then replace the "e" with a "u" and then add a "pid" at the end and that's what it was.

Since gamma characters seem to be getting grouped up in the MCU, I get the feeling that this Leader detail in Cap4 + the absence of Blonsky/Abomination on the Thunderbolts roster are linked.  Speculative, but it could have something to do with Val's plan, maybe "we need a Hulk" style.  Perhaps there's a reveal, Emil gets added to TB, and then it's full-on TB vs Avengers, emotional climax coming from Sam vs Bucky. 

Regardless of where it goes, I'm putting my money on Leader being linked to Abomination somehow.

On 9/11/2022 at 1:28 PM, JTO_Enews said:

Since gamma characters seem to be getting grouped up in the MCU, I get the feeling that this Leader detail in Cap4 + the absence of Blonsky/Abomination on the Thunderbolts roster are linked.  Speculative, but it could have something to do with Val's plan, maybe "we need a Hulk" style.  Perhaps there's a reveal, Emil gets added to TB, and then it's full-on TB vs Avengers, emotional climax coming from Sam vs Bucky. 

Regardless of where it goes, I'm putting my money on Leader being linked to Abomination somehow.

I thought that Leader is linked to a lot more, the She-Hulk show's wrecking crew...trying to steal Jen's blood for their boss..I instantly thought Leader was the one behind it, I think likely he's linked to a lot going forward

anyways it's cool to hear Sabra will be making it into the MCU!

On 9/12/2022 at 11:33 PM, Atlantis said:

Sabra , now thats unexpected. And the Leader? Interesting how they'll explain where he's been all this time.

easy to explain Leader. He is a schemer so he probably was in hiding planning his mission. If they adapt the Freehold arc, and have him gathering people to "save" while planning on destroying the rest of the world.

I'm surprised they are bringing in Sabra though given what her country is up to these days.

On 9/11/2022 at 2:54 AM, Atlantis said:

I thought the Falcon & the Winter Soldier was incredible. Really good action series. For the movie though, I expected Chris Evans to step back into the Captain America role.

We definitely haven’t seen the last of Evans as Cap. Though I’m wondering if it’s not similar to The Force Awakens where the cast returns to mingle with future versions. 

Though hopefully not with such a crap storyline and just to be killed off lol

On 9/11/2022 at 3:17 PM, Lord_Scareglow said:

I thought that Leader is linked to a lot more, the She-Hulk show's wrecking crew...trying to steal Jen's blood for their boss..I instantly thought Leader was the one behind it, I think likely he's linked to a lot going forward

anyways it's cool to hear Sabra will be making it into the MCU!

Hoping that IF the Leader is behind the Wrecking Crew that they get properly powered up in their next appearance. The She-Hulk version wasn’t amusing at all. Though I have been pleasantly surprised with how much fun the Shulkie Show has been overall

On 9/13/2022 at 5:25 PM, McHogan said:

Hoping that IF the Leader is behind the Wrecking Crew that they get properly powered up in their next appearance. The She-Hulk version wasn’t amusing at all. Though I have been pleasantly surprised with how much fun the Shulkie Show has been overall

Yeah I think that the She-Hulk show would be a great place to see the return of Leader, seems like the appropriate show, and I'd hope the same that the next time we see the wrecking crew they are fully powered and not such goofballs like they were introduced. Leader being confirmed to be officially back in this new Cap movie makes me think we are going to see him in his big green head form likely soon, since he clearly was going in that direction after his head wound and the blood infecting him in Incredible Hulk, She-Hulk seems like a great place to get him back in as a serious foe. I could see him being shown in the shadows in the final episode as the mastermind behind whatever transpires in She-Hulk, just giving us a quick glimpse of him before the series ends (ala Thanos first apperance)

on another note, wonder if we will hear from Doc Samson again, since he is still looming around the MCU with Incredible Hulk characters getting themselves back in the MCU, I think a powered up Samson would be much applauded.

on another note, wonder if we will hear from Doc Samson again, since he is still looming around the MCU with Incredible Hulk characters getting themselves back in the MCU, I think a powered up Samson would be much applauded.

Forgot about Doc Samson. I could even see Ty Burrell reprising the role. 

• 6 months later...

Liv Tyler is returning to the MCU after her last appearance 15 years ago in 2008’s The Incredible Hulk and will be reprising her role as Betty Ross for Captain America: New World Order.

Tyler’s scientist character is the daughter of General Thaddeus “Thunderbolt Ross” — a military official played up until recently by William Hurt, to be portrayed following Hurt’s passing by Harrison Ford.

Source: Deadline

While I'm a fan of Liv Tyler, I'm no fan of her as Betty Ross. She was completely miscast. I suppose they must have bigger plans for her as Marvel really has had no qualms about recasting anyone, other than Chadwick Boseman, cuz somehow that role defines him, though he's played much better roles in much better movies, for any role in the MCU.