Marvel Unlimited Exclusive Marvel Legends Yellow Suit Daredevil

JayC

Every year Marvel offers an exclusive Marvel Legends figure through their Marvel Unlimited comic digital subscription service. These figures are always simple repaints or such of existing figures and this coming years figure is no different. This time its a first appearance Daredevil (Comic) figure in his yellow and brown outfit. We actually got this figure before years ago as a Walgreens exclusive. Not sure if this is a different mold or not. Thanks to Bluecomet for the heads up.

Unlimited-DD.jpg

On 9/12/2022 at 4:38 PM, Atlantis said:

Back when walgreens was actually stocking Legends, I remember this Daredevil clogging the pegs till there was, no kidding,  dust on them. 

I was just about to say the same thing. this is nothing but re-use. I don't dare use the word repaint again cuz some people thought that I literally meant they were painting over previously painted figures the last time I said it, and made way too big a deal out of it, but this, just like every other Unlimited Exclusive, is just unsold product. They didn't even go so far as to use the updated mold that had the updated boots. If the rumors about the DD reboot are accurate we'll get this one, or something similar, soon enough.

A Marvel Unlimited membership is totally useless at this point. There are several free sites where you can find anything on it at any time you want and you don't even have to wait for the new issues. And some of them will even let you download them for free and a small fee for HD. And no, I don't care that I'm screwing the system. The way Marvel has been allowing their staff to treat the fandom over the last decade or so shows they are clearly not concerned with profits, so I don't lose a second of sleep by not giving them my money.

On 9/12/2022 at 6:45 PM, monron999 said:

A Marvel Unlimited membership is totally useless at this point. There are several free sites where you can find anything on it at any time you want and you don't even have to wait for the new issues. And some of them will even let you download them for free and a small fee for HD. And no, I don't care that I'm screwing the system. The way Marvel has been allowing their staff to treat the fandom over the last decade or so shows they are clearly not concerned with profits, so I don't lose a second of sleep by not giving them my money.

"This app is useless because you have to pay for it." Now that's a peachy review lol

eh, they always go with a cheap repaint for the unlimited figure, if it was anything halfway desirable then all the ML collectors would be complaining about having to pay for unlimited to get it. i think they will eventually do an mcu yellow version - perhaps just a repaint of the previous mcu version. and if they do DD on a new buck then a yellow variant would probably be a pretty quick follow-up.

On 9/12/2022 at 4:14 PM, NotNamed said:

"...his main look that they haven't released in many years is expensive on the secondary market with no announced plans to release a new one...."

That, I wouldn't worry about; expect to see a number of DD variants on that vulcan mold pretty soon. They're gonna get their mileage out of it and its already slated for use on the upcoming Black Panther. My hope is that when/if they re-do the armored Daredevil, they'll put him on the same mold and not something smaller like they did before.

even though it's always a re-paint of an existing figure for the Unlimited sub, this is probably the saddest addition yet, this figure is extremely easy to come by, and isn't even a good figure at that, if this figure is as it seems which it seems to be the exact same figure from the Walgreens program, this is just not trying enough, at least with the other re-paints they have been unique, for instance punisher venom, wasn't just the venom figure again with guns, the recent ms.marvel was cosplaying as spider-man, and terror inc merc was a purple deadpool, at least those were enough of a different figure to be warranted, this is just the same figure again.

wait upon closer inspection this figure does have some new elements, such as black side pouch, seems no red on boots and black batons and a black belt..I guess it does fit the criteria, eh still seems super lazy, but hey hopfully people are buying these subs for the comics not the extras.

If they were doing a repaint, they could have at least repainted the MCU version to look like the yellow suit he will be wearing in the She Hulk Show. I’m sure it wouldn’t be screen accurate but Hasbro has been known to release suits that aren’t quite right before...

i May have tried to track that down if they had gone that way 

On 9/12/2022 at 8:34 PM, Lord_Scareglow said:

even though it's always a re-paint of an existing figure for the Unlimited sub, this is probably the saddest addition yet, this figure is extremely easy to come by, and isn't even a good figure at that, if this figure is as it seems which it seems to be the exact same figure from the Walgreens program, this is just not trying enough, at least with the other re-paints they have been unique, for instance punisher venom, wasn't just the venom figure again with guns, the recent ms.marvel was cosplaying as spider-man, and terror inc merc was a purple deadpool, at least those were enough of a different figure to be warranted, this is just the same figure again.

wait upon closer inspection this figure does have some new elements, such as black side pouch, seems no red on boots and black batons and a black belt..I guess it does fit the criteria, eh still seems super lazy, but hey hopfully people are buying these subs for the comics not the extras.

It does also seem to be a new, less orange shade of yellow, maybe a slightly darker shade of brown as well, but yeah, this isn't even the kind of novel that most of these Unlimited exclusives are.  Personally, I'll be waiting for a new version of this costume (or any other Daredevil) on the new Vulcan body.

On 9/12/2022 at 11:36 PM, McHogan said:

If they were doing a repaint, they could have at least repainted the MCU version to look like the yellow suit he will be wearing in the She Hulk Show. I’m sure it wouldn’t be screen accurate but Hasbro has been known to release suits that aren’t quite right before...

i May have tried to track that down if they had gone that way 

yes  i agree mcu yellow DD would have been more appealing but again how many collectors would prefer that figure to be sold on its own, without having to subscribe to marvel unlimited to get him, not to mention i imagine hasbro thinks it can sell a bunch more mcu DDs than what they would via unlimited.  I'm pretty sure even if DD didn't make the cut for Disney+ wave 3 or 4 he could end up getting an exclusive or fan channel release - despite how badly the comic yellow DD pegwarmed at WG

Don't get me wrong, i have nothing against marvel unlimited, these days its pretty much the only way i read comics that aren't already in my collection. I only subscribe for a month every now and then though, not interested in a yearlong sub.

On 9/13/2022 at 12:07 PM, JayC said:
Shown below is a better look at this years Marvel Unlimited comic digital subscription service Marvel Legends exclusive figure which is of Daredevil in his 1st appearance yellow and brown outfit we first told you about yesterday.

1st-Appearance-Daredevil-01.jpg

1st-Appearance-Daredevil-02.jpg

Yeah just not enough incentive... I mean, the WG exclusive at least had an unmasked head. This one has.. a pin?!?

i Wonder in the future if the subscription figures will be big money down the road ( like 20 years or so). We all $#!+ on them now but watch.. the 12 people that end up owning him will be swimming like Scrooge McDuck in their own pool of $$$( tho most likely not)

• 1 month later...

Thanks to Christopher, here is a in-hand look at this years Marvel Unlimited comic digital subscription service Marvel Legends exclusive figure which is of Daredevil in his 1st appearance yellow and brown outfit we first told you about a few weeks ago.

This one is actually coming in a retro cardback.

Unlimited-Daredevil.jpg

Unlimited-Daredevil-02.jpg

I have no use for this figure as I have two of the Walgreens Exclusives that gathered dust on the shelves for what seemed like at least 2 years. I do like the packaging though. I'm guessing they gave it this retro box just as extra incentive for those who did get the previous figure but liked this retro box for display. Not worth the price of subscription for me but I can see the slight appeal.

Had they done this figure on the new Vulcan buck it would be a whole different story.

Hey even though this is just a re-release, at least they gave it a bit of umf with the retro card, I can imagine a ton of people will be happy to add this to their on card collection, the card is a cool touch, but still the same ole dust collecting Walgreens figure that pretty much became the mascot for legends at the retailer.

I like that they at least tweaked the colors some, but yeah, this isn't much to write home about, just a neat little refresh of the ol' exclusive for those who didn't get it.  Still waiting on a newer version on the RYV Spidey body now that they've decided that's the new body for Daredevil, hopefully with a little more unique sculpting to possibly separate the unitard thing from the overall suit, maybe give it some texture; or at the very least hopefully they'll make it a very deep red instead of brown.