Has Hasbro's Marvel Legends Lineup For 2023 Been Revealed?!?

JayC

Yes, 2023 looks like it's going to be an expensive year for me. I've always considered the X-Men to be the backbone of Marvel and I'm looking forward to a lot of the offerings next year! It makes me glad that I decided to stop collecting G.I. Joe Classified when they went to the windowless packaging.

I'm especially stoked that we're finally supposed to be getting a Monet St. Croix figure for the first time in 6"! Others that weren't part of the leaks but that I'm still hoping to get over the next couple of years are Rockslide, Pixie, Anole, Armor, Husk and Cypher.

So does that Shuri head sculpt come with the figure or is it actually from a previous figure, cuz the MCU squad, led by Feige himself, are staying adamant to the statement that anyone who just assumes Shuri is the new Black Panther is "way off".

Never mind. I just realized it was a previous sculpt. I guess the mystery of the new BP's identity remains intact.

Wait, wasn't the Ft. Knox figure listing like $30+? I mean, I'm getting this figure but that's incredibly shady of them to lock her behind a deluxe paywall when she doesn't come with a single thing to warrant that price. Hopefully that was just a mistake in the listing, I think it was Amazon UK or something anyway.

The figure looks stellar though. Very glad to see the other Shuri head fits well on there, though I would have preferred a Wakanda Forever head. Anyone who says this isn't Shuri is lying to themselves, those white dots are literally identical between the mask and her face. 

On 10/24/2022 at 7:28 PM, Psychosomatic said:

Anyone think there is a possibility of a new Original X-Men Boxed set? Any rumors? Seemed like a given with the anniversary and all!

I’d say it’s possible since that would just make great sense to do for 2023 but the leaks gave me doubts and has me thinking that the full team they decided to go with are the 90s suits divided into those 3-packs. But.. who knows, it could happen.
My hopes for the anniversary were to see them bust out the team in their 2nd costumes (redoing Cyke and Jean) where Angel is sporting either his red/yellow suit or his blue/white halo suit.

spacer.pngspacer.png

On 10/25/2022 at 6:14 AM, MODADDYDODOK said:

I’d say it’s possible since that would just make great sense to do for 2023 but the leaks gave me doubts and has me thinking that the full team they decided to go with are the 90s suits divided into those 3-packs. But.. who knows, it could happen.
My hopes for the anniversary were to see them bust out the team in their 2nd costumes (redoing Cyke and Jean) where Angel is sporting either his red/yellow suit or his blue/white halo suit.

spacer.png

Yeah these are the "graduation" costumes; if there's any plan to do them just please don't repeat that awful Toys R Us 5-pack from 2014. If they can't do a better job on Angel's wings after 10 years then don't bother. 

Wait, whaaaaaat? Did they actually give a guy who's main power is a supersonic scream an alternate face sculpt to simulate that power. From what we were given with Siryn, who has the exact same power, we were led to think this wasn't possible. What gives? I mean it's almost the same formula. A re-used (possibly overused) buck, some new paint, and a new head sculpt. Why does this one qualify and the other doesn't? Hasbro at it's best. At the end of the day, no one really knows. SMMFH.

On 11/1/2022 at 1:28 PM, monron999 said:

Wait, whaaaaaat? Did they actually give a guy who's main power is a supersonic scream an alternate face sculpt to simulate that power. From what we were given with Siryn, who has the exact same power, we were led to think this wasn't possible. What gives? I mean it's almost the same formula. A re-used (possibly overused) buck, some new paint, and a new head sculpt. Why does this one qualify and the other doesn't? Hasbro at it's best. At the end of the day, no one really knows. SMMFH.

they said in an interview that Siryn was to come with an screaming head but the budget couldn't afford it.

On 11/1/2022 at 8:48 AM, tarot said:

they said in an interview that Siryn was to come with an screaming head but the budget couldn't afford it.

That's what I'm saying. How can one character warrant a budget for an extra head sculpt and one can't? I suppose there are two glaring differences between the two, besides the obvious, of course. One figure came out in a wave, which included a BAF and the other will come out in a probable 3 pack where we will most likely be paying more than the standard price per character. So, in conclusion, as is always, it comes down to dollars, not sense.

And yes, I understand Hasbro is in the business of making money, and lots of it, but a little customer appreciation goes a long way, especially next time the come around with some BS like they did with the Engine of Vengeance.

On 11/1/2022 at 5:39 PM, Ironspider428 said:

Ordered Shuri(?), she looks good but I'm worried about the articulation, at the very least I would have liked butterfly joints. They gave them to Kate Bishop, why not Black Panther? 

I think that has more  to do with the design and they didn't want to break it up. 

On 11/1/2022 at 5:48 AM, tarot said:

I've learned to take what they say with a healthy grain of salt. And pepper.  LOL.

But if it was a budget issue, then they should have held off producing the figure, full stop. Why even consider using this character, knowing what her power set was? There are any number of figures they could've used in her place, including re-doing some of those that could use some improvement.

And they just had to know that they would get mercilessly dragged by the community for this, yet they did it anyway.

These decisions look like the work of people who really don't know or care about the subject matter. They come across as tone deaf. Not a good look for one of the top action figure producing companies of all time.

On 11/1/2022 at 1:40 PM, Atlantis said:

I've learned to take what they say with a healthy grain of salt. And pepper.  LOL.

But if it was a budget issue, then they should have held off producing the figure, full stop. Why even consider using this character, knowing what her power set was? There are any number of figures they could've used in her place, including re-doing some of those that could use some improvement.

And they just had to know that they would get mercilessly dragged by the community for this, yet they did it anyway.

These decisions look like the work of people who really don't know or care about the subject matter. They come across as tone deaf. Not a good look for one of the top action figure producing companies of all time.

As a fan of ML from the start and seeing the contrast between the original Toybiz crew and this greedy, miserly Hasbro crew I can see what's coming a mile away. We will get another Siryn in a forthcoming 3 pack similar to the Quicksilver/Magneto/Scarlet Witch Family Values pack, and I think I can tell you exactly what it will consist of. Black Tom will be pretty much the same figure (have to get some more use out of that mold), but they'll probably change the belt a little or maybe give him the red collar and possibly give his suit that the blue highlighted look from his early comic appearances. Siryn will be the exact same figure with a slight paint variation deco because she had several slightly different costumes when she was in the early X-Force and a screaming face ONLY. The third figure will be Banshee in his classic costume, with probably the same head sculpt and I can promise you, as sure as the sun rises in the East, that it will be done on that infernal Sunfire buck. Will we pay for it? Probably, if only for the Screaming Siryn face and the Classic Banshee, even though it will be on a mold that doesn't match the size of the training suit version. Watch and see.

On 11/1/2022 at 6:40 PM, Atlantis said:

Yeah, if you don't have the budget, then why not hold off until you do. While a scream head wasn't a deal breaker for me, it still should have been included. At least they didn't give her fireballs

On 11/1/2022 at 11:50 PM, leokearon said:

Yeah, if you don't have the budget, then why not hold off until you do. While a scream head wasn't a deal breaker for me, it still should have been included. At least they didn't give her fireballs

I'd be fine with adding it later, as long as its correct. I think a similar excuse was used for omitting Rachel/Phoenix from the Excalibur box set (we couldn't get to her in time). Ok well its been well over a year now....they couldn't get her (or Marrina from Alpha Flight) done by now?? 

LOL  fireballs! Their go-to effect.