Has Hasbro's Marvel Legends Lineup For 2023 Been Revealed?!?

JayC

On 11/2/2022 at 8:04 AM, Atlantis said:

I'd be fine with adding it later, as long as its correct. I think a similar excuse was used for omitting Rachel/Phoenix from the Excalibur box set (we couldn't get to her in time). Ok well its been well over a year now....they couldn't get her (or Marrina from Alpha Flight) done by now?? 

LOL  fireballs! Their go-to effect. 

Yeah, maybe they could add it with her Dad. 

On 11/1/2022 at 6:42 PM, ransomz said:

I am really impressed that Hasbro is ticking off so many secondary characters that have been on people's want lists for a long time. I'm glad to finally get my Toad. I'm looking forward to seeing what Monet looks like.

I've been waiting for a Monet for years now. I'm not 100 percent sure, but I'm about 99 percent sure the thing will be done on the same Shriek mold that is quickly becoming almost as infuriatingly overused and inaccurately used as the Sunfire buck, y'know cuz all women are the same size. The Moonstone mold would be suitable as she is most often shown to be on the curvier side, and she's even made light of it herself on several occasions. Also, the buck is referred to as the "Powerhouse" buck and she is a legit powerhouse on the level of someone like Rogue or Captain Marvel. They have used the buck a few times since the "is it banned/is it not" argument started a couple of years ago, so I've adjusted my opinion to that they prefer not to use it but will use it when appropriate. It only makes sense to use that buck, but since when does Hasbro care about what makes sense? They could have, should have used it for the Binary figure, but instead of staying consistent with the two other Carol Danvers figures that had been done previously they chose to go with the wobbly legged Kate Bishop buck. What a waste.

Also, let's not forget the excuse these cats made for why Omega Sentinel was not done accurately is because they used Google Images. That in itself is BS because not only does she clearly show up to be distinctly of a darker complexion on Google Images, but the first three sites that pop up from a search are Marvel Fandom, Wikipedia and the Official Marvel Database, everyone of which shows her significantly "browner" than the figure came out. These guys are sometimes (a lot of times lately) so full of isht I'm surprised they can stand the smell of themselves, so if they somehow screw this up it would surprise me none whatsoever.

On 11/2/2022 at 2:50 AM, leokearon said:

At least they didn't give her fireballs

On 11/2/2022 at 3:04 AM, Atlantis said:

LOL  fireballs! Their go-to effect. 

On 11/2/2022 at 5:09 AM, leokearon said:

Yeah, maybe they could add it with her Dad. 

Here's a few degrees of separation for ya.

The screaming Banshee head sculpt looks almost exactly like the Molecule Man face sculpt, in composition, not expression. And guess who comes with the old standby fireball effects.

On 11/2/2022 at 2:45 PM, monron999 said:

Here's a few degrees of separation for ya.

The screaming Banshee head sculpt looks almost exactly like the Molecule Man face sculpt, in composition, not expression. And guess who comes with the old standby fireball effects.

It's all a conspiracy by the Illuminati to flood the earth with fireball effects

• 3 weeks later...

I think this month is too early to start showing movie figures for Quantumania, GOTG3 or ITSV2, so I'm thinking they'll likely officially announce Blob and possibly show a couple of more figures from the X-Men 3 packs (probably one male and one female again). I could also see them choosing to show the leaked/rumored Gamerverse Peter Parker Spider-Man instead in order to get that reveal in this year (as part of 60th anniversary) and then pivot back to the X-Men in Dec/Jan. The leaks also mentioned fan channel exclusives of Rogue (Outback) and a Franklin/Valeria 2-pack as well, so it's not impossible that it could be one of those. Ronan is certainly another possibility also, but my expectation is that will likely be closer to the time The Marvels MCU figures are being revealed - so I think that's a ways off yet. That might be true for Franklin/Valeria also honestly.

So probably Blob or Gamerverse Spider-Man and if they're feeling generous maybe we'll also get a look at a couple of the other X-Men 3-pack figures. Then in December they could do which ever of these didn't get shown this month to finish off their reveals for the year. Then maybe start the year off in January with Outback Rogue.

On 11/18/2022 at 9:01 AM, MODADDYDODOK said:

Down for whatever but I wanna see something from the Avengers Anniversary this time.

A number of iterations come to mind. The original team:

1. Ant-Man, removable shiny chrome helmet
  2. Wasp (original outfit, mini-me Wasp accessory)
  3. Thor
  4. Iron Man (shiny chrome gold suit)
  5. FA Scarlet Witch
  6. Quicksilver (green suit) with CORRECT hair this time
  7. Cap
  8. Hawkeye

Deluxe Hulk (shorts), Super Deluxe Giant-Man, sold separately

But what I really wanna see are figures from the 70s line up:

1. The Vision (CORRECT this time)
  2. Scarlet Witch
  3. Iron Man
  4. Yellowjacket
  5. Mantis
  6. Moondragon 
  7. Black Panther
  8. Swordsman (I absolutely could not stand this guy, but I know others liked him, and he was part of that era, so....)

Throw in og Wonder Man, Ms. Marvel and some baddies like Super Adaptoid, Immortus, Graviton, and Count Nefaria

*p.s. should go without saying, if they won't use correct outfits and correct bodies, don't bother doing them at all

It really is uncanny (pun intended) how much they made that Storm body look like the Jim Lee body type. Can't tell if they did some modification to the mold, which seems to be the Psylocke mold, or if it's just the paint. It also looks like they went with the single joint elbows, at least with the Storm figure. Not a matter of significance to me, but there are gonna be some people up in arms (pun intended again) about that.

On 11/18/2022 at 12:37 PM, monron999 said:

It really is uncanny (pun intended) how much they made that Storm body look like the Jim Lee body type. Can't tell if they did some modification to the mold, which seems to be the Psylocke mold, or if it's just the paint. It also looks like they went with the single joint elbows, at least with the Storm figure. Not a matter of significance to me, but there are gonna be some people up in arms (pun intended again) about that.

Nah, if you look real close at the image you can make out an elbow hinge slot on the bottom of the right upper arm, and on the left arm you can just barely make out a hint of bicep swivel.

On 11/18/2022 at 6:10 PM, Jeddostotle7 said:

Nah, if you look real close at the image you can make out an elbow hinge slot on the bottom of the right upper arm, and on the left arm you can just barely make out a hint of bicep swivel.

You must have eyes of a hawk my friend, cuz I can't see it, but beyond that, notice also there is no bicep swivel, which is a sure tell that the swivel is in the older style single joint elbow. Like I said, it's really not that much of an issue with me. I personally like the aesthetic of the single joint elbow, but whoooooooo, if this thing comes through without the 2x joint some heads are gonna roll. Of course, final product may differ from what we see here so we might just have to wait and see.

Hasbro today as part of their 20th of the month Marvel Legends reveals showed off digital renders for their upcoming Yellow and Blue Outfit Gambit figure. As we have reported before this figure should be part of an X-Men 60th Anniversary 3-pack. There will be two three packs released featuring the X-Men in their Yellow and Blue outfits as seen on the cover of Uncanny X-Men 265. Gambit should be in the three pack that also includes Banshee which Hasbro already revealed and Psylocke. The other 3-pack will include Forge, Jubilee and Storm which Hasbro has also already revealed. The Wolverine in yellow and blue outfit is getting a single release and already available for pre-order at places like our sponsors BigBadToyStore.com and Entertainment Earth.

Gambit-01.jpg

Gambit-02.jpg

Gambit-03.jpg

Gambit-04.jpg

Gambit-05.jpg

On 11/20/2022 at 2:32 PM, Sidewinder said:

This looks so good!  I’ve always thought Gambit looked sharp in the school uniform. I really wish they had included a trenchcoat for him, though. I know he was wearing it in #277.

Guess I’ll be digging out a Toybiz Gambit from their Xmen Boxed Set. I think it had a cloth trenchcoat. Anyone know of any better options?

Well, I know I'm gonna try and pop out those arms and swap em and the coat with the original Gambit figure. Theoretically it should work but I think the connections of the Vulcan buck might be a little different than the ones on the original Gambit. However it is only a tweak of the Bucky Cap buck and it does match up size wise pretty well with the Vulcan buck. I'm hoping the trench coat overlay will cover up any excessive gaps or open joints. We shall see. Either way this is a good looking Gambit figure.

On 11/20/2022 at 8:42 AM, JayC said:

Hasbro today as part of their 20th of the month Marvel Legends reveals showed off digital renders for their upcoming Yellow and Blue Outfit Gambit figure. As we have reported before this figure should be part of an X-Men 60th Anniversary 3-pack. There will be two three packs released featuring the X-Men in their Yellow and Blue outfits as seen on the cover of Uncanny X-Men 265. Gambit-03.jpg

Gambit-04.jpg

Gambit-05.jpg

Great news for those into that storyline. My takeaway here is this sub-set team is going to be completed in record time, but outside of the Fantastic Four, virtually all their other teams remain unfinished. They mentioned the og Guardians of the Galaxy...kind of.....but while Star-Lord is on the way, he wasn't part of the original team. They've stated Yondu is going to be made, but no plans for the others. At any rate these training suit X-Men look good. I'm wondering how different their Forge is going to be from the one done with the Caliban BAF?

On 11/20/2022 at 6:19 PM, tarot said:

Unless they changed the sculpting that hand I the second pic is the same as the previous one with the card being a loose piece.

That's good. Otherwise I will need to find a non-Gambit hand as I plan to turn him into Joseph (oh the irony)