Has Hasbro's Marvel Legends Lineup For 2023 Been Revealed?!?

JayC

A question that we probably all know the answer to, but under this awesome campaign of doing issue #275 what are the chances we get a Savage Land Rogue? We know for sure a general release is out of the question, and even as an exclusive I imagine it'll get some kind of Goblin Queen type of censorship. I'm betting a 3 pack which would consist a Magneto repaint, maybe on the Vulcan buck, Savage Land Rogue, hopefully on the Moonstone buck but most likely on the Tigra buck, and Deathbird, which will be the only actual "new" figure in the bunch.

I'm also hoping that both Gambit and Storm have normal non powered hands. If not, I guess that I've got enough spare hands to make what I want. Of the seven figures expected in this suit I'll likely only keep Banshee, Forge, Psylocke and Wolverine as themselves and will likely use Gambit, Jubilee and Storm as customs for other characters that haven't been made yet. I've got high hopes for Psylocke specifically as the only two versions I have of that character are the Toy Biz version and the Nimrod 3-pack version which I prefer to use as Kwannon/Revanche. I'd also love to pick up some duplicates of these if they ever got to a nice clearance price anywhere.

Ah new Gambit looks fine, I have little interest in building any Training suit teams, this gambit hardly moves the needle but I'll get him if he is indeed coming in a pack with Banshee and Psylocke, I do want that Banshee and I'll take any Psylocke (I'm hoping they get this Psylocke's buck right and give us a new Head though, but I'm doubting it)

Thankfully they're including an actual scream pose for our screaming superhero this time around, but I do note that the hairstyles are totally different and don't look like they're the same person. Also, if he has mutton chops on his passive face, they should be there on the active one. Perhaps though by production time this will be corrected. 

I liked these outfits. Nice nod to the original suits. And I always preferred the red belt over the yellow. 

Glad to see the final version of Storm has the double jointed elbows. Again, not a big deal for me but I could see that rumble building. I still maintain that the first pics provided neither had the double jointed elbows nor bicep swivel, but it's all good now. Crisis averted. That was a close one. Gambit looks amazing and seeing that Banshee makes me want a classic version even more. I just don't think that Storm face sculpt looks all that great compared to the art it's supposed to be based on. Still gonna get it though. I suppose it can easily be swapped with another sculpt. Can't wait to see Psylocke, one of my favorite X-Men.

On 11/20/2022 at 6:18 PM, Atlantis said:

Great news for those into that storyline. My takeaway here is this sub-set team is going to be completed in record time, but outside of the Fantastic Four, virtually all their other teams remain unfinished. They mentioned the og Guardians of the Galaxy...kind of.....but while Star-Lord is on the way, he wasn't part of the original team. They've stated Yondu is going to be made, but no plans for the others. At any rate these training suit X-Men look good. I'm wondering how different their Forge is going to be from the one done with the Caliban BAF?

I'm betting dollars to donuts at least one of these figures will come through using that nauseatingly overused Sunfire buck and since it looks like both Gambit and Banshee look to be using the new Vulcan buck it's a pretty good bet Forge will draw that straw. I suppose they could just reuse the Caliban wave one because it's pretty much the same figure. I'm not opposed to them using the Bucky Cap buck every so often just to keep a little variety and to keep the Vulcan buck from becoming the "Shriek" of the male molds. They can give him a different head sculpt, a new belt, a Nerf gun that better resembles the art and call it good. Of course Jubilee will be on the tried and true, almost decade old female teen buck, so honestly Hasbro got through this episode really offering nothing new except a few head sculpts.

On 11/21/2022 at 3:38 PM, GrtWhiteCustoms said:

I really hope Psylocke gets a new headsculpt with her hair completely slicked back. I'm really pumped for this group of figures as I loved this storyline. Now for a Deathbird figure! 

All for a Deathbird figure! Really thought they'd do a wave with her and the og Ms. Marvel when that Rogue 2 pack came out. 

On 11/21/2022 at 6:38 PM, GrtWhiteCustoms said:

I really hope Psylocke gets a new headsculpt with her hair completely slicked back. I'm really pumped for this group of figures as I loved this storyline. Now for a Deathbird figure! 

I just want a Psylocke head sculpt that looks like Psylocke. Not that the previous sculpt(s) were bad, but they just didn't convey her trademark look. I know they've had some problems with doing accurate Asian face sculpts but I think they did a fair job with the last Silk head sculpt. Whoever did that one, get him on this task ASAP. As for Deathbird, sign me up yesterday.

On another point involving issue #275, anybody have any ideas on how they can make Savage Land Rogue happen? And then, anybody have any ideas how they can make it happen without the Goblin Queen type tone-down? I mean, they made Tigra happen, right?

While I personally don't need a savage land Rogue variant, everyone should consider this: that comic came out over 30 years ago.

It was sold in 7-11s, book and magazine stores, drug stores, even some grocery stores. Totally available to anyone, of any age, who had the 60cents or $1.00 or whatever that price was back then to buy it.

Like it was said above, Tigra got made (retina-burning neon paint aside). Really shouldn't be an issue in the 21st century, especially given that these products are sold & marketed primarily to adults, and mostly to dedicated websites, AND with covered packaging.

Team suits are my weakness. Though I'm not planning on getting any of these except Wolverine they look amazing together. 

@Atlantis, nice catch on the different hair styles on Banshee for the alternate heads. Odd choice by Hasbro. Are they daft or are they actually being collector friendly by giving fans more options for the inevitable classic suit version? I mean, those sculpts are clearly from different eras of Banshee's history.

On 11/22/2022 at 5:10 PM, Benn said:

Goofy as it is, I’ve always really liked Xavier’s Shi’ar costume from that arc, and it looks even better with the colouration on that cover. I hope they find a way to put that out too, since they’re otherwise getting the whole cover out in basically one fell swoop.

That was an interesting suit. I also liked the khaki/short sleeves/gloves he had for a time. 

Along with rarely seen X-Men outfits, I liked the purple Shi'ar web/mesh/collar Cockrum designed for Polaris. 

For the Record...what was the deal with Zaladane? Was she really Lornas sister? Does that make her Magnetos daughter? If so...he did away with her didn't he? So many unanswered questions about the lady. It's been a hot minute since I read this story so my memories of it are not so great. 

On 11/23/2022 at 2:17 PM, GrtWhiteCustoms said:

For the Record...what was the deal with Zaladane? Was she really Lornas sister? Does that make her Magnetos daughter? If so...he did away with her didn't he? So many unanswered questions about the lady. It's been a hot minute since I read this story so my memories of it are not so great. 

It was never revealed, she claimed she was Polaris's sister but with no proof. Yeah, she was executed by Magneto and has never returned 

On 11/23/2022 at 8:25 AM, leokearon said:

It was never revealed, she claimed she was Polaris's sister but with no proof. Yeah, she was executed by Magneto and has never returned 

I could be wrong but I think it was hinted or theorized that she was Lorna's half-sister but not Magneto's daughter--they had the same mother but different dads.

On 11/23/2022 at 7:15 PM, PushYouDown said:

I could be wrong but I think it was hinted or theorized that she was Lorna's half-sister but not Magneto's daughter--they had the same mother but different dads.

Well at the time, Polaris wasn't even Magneto's daughter, that had been discredited, only to become canon in the 00's.

On 11/23/2022 at 10:25 AM, leokearon said:

On 11/23/2022 at 1:15 PM, PushYouDown said:

On 11/24/2022 at 9:36 AM, leokearon said:

Well at the time, Polaris wasn't even Magneto's daughter, that had been discredited, only to become canon in the 00's.

I remember reading an article in one of a few comic magazines of the time where Claremont said Zaladane was meant to be a recurring and returning antagonist and threat for the X-Men. I may be misremembering but I think Zala was actually meant to be her sister but the plan was supposed to be retcon her to be yet another clone created by Sinister and strategically placed to somehow reproduce or steal Lorna's powers. Either that or Lorna was the clone that stole the powers. I suppose depending on which sister was the older, but I forget. Something weird like that. Of course that was before the big mass exodus of certain involved talents to Image after which I think a lot of the plans for X-Men's future took a shift. Sometime after that it was changed again to confirm that Lorna was indeed the biological daughter of Magneto. As we all know, plans change, writers have different ideas and she more or less disappeared from most everything but our memory. 

On 11/22/2022 at 8:10 PM, Benn said:

Goofy as it is, I’ve always really liked Xavier’s Shi’ar costume from that arc, and it looks even better with the colouration on that cover. I hope they find a way to put that out too, since they’re otherwise getting the whole cover out in basically one fell swoop.

I as well loved the look. Honestly, I think the team uniforms are the deepest they're really gonna dive into this #275 era of the Uncanny X-Men. People have been demanding the uniforms for years. They seem to want to knock them out fairly quickly with one shot, and they are fairly easy to do with some small tweaks to previous figures and molds, and then move on. Doing characters like Zaladane and Deathbird and SL Rogue and Xavier in his Shi'ar garb seems like a little too much work for Hasbro and possibly a little risky concentrating on such a short and specific timed event that only a bunch of us "Oldtimers" really have any fondness towards. I mean I'd love anything they could do to expand on this storyline. Wanna do all those characters, I'll buy. Wanna do some Savage Land Mutates, maybe do a multi-pack, here's my money. But that's a lot of work and a buncha new sculpts and resources I don't think Hasbro is gonna expend on what probably seems to everyone else but us, to be a pretty big gamble. If they wanna prove me wrong, by all means, I'll support it, but I think Hasbro has bigger irons in the fire.

You’re not wrong. I think we’ll see Deathbird in the next few years, because she’s getting pretty near the top of the remaining prominent X-villains list, but Xavier, etc., aren’t likely. Just seems a missed opportunity, since they’re clearly focusing on the cover, and not the actual story. Xavier’s a big hole in recreating that cover.

Hasbro's Dan Yun today on Twitter made indications they are going to start revealing new Marvel Legends soon.

So you may be asking yourself when might we see these and what might we see? Well I can tell you we will likely be seeing those two X-Men 60th Anniversary 3-Packs fully revealed that includes (Forge, Jubilee, Storm) and (Banshee, Gambit, Psylock). So far Hasbro has already shown us Banshee, Gambit and Storm. These figures of course feature the X-Men in their Yellow and Blue uniforms as seen in Uncanny X-Men #265.

We should also be seeing the Deluxe Blob figure which an image leaked out for a few weeks ago. I believe we will be seeing a couple additional items as well. As for when? It should be by if not before next Thursday (12/8).

Of course when the reveals happen we will be sure to update you here.