Hugh Jackman Reprising His Role As Wolverine For Deadpool 3

Outsiders

Did one of our very own image creators predict a future movie?  Photographer ToyTallica created and posted an image between Logan and Deadpool with the title of Deadpool 3 and Deadpool himself, Ryan Reynolds announced via Twitter that Hugh Jackman will reprise his role as Wolverine in the next Deadpool movie.  Check out the Twitter clip which involves Reynolds and makes a cameo appearance by Jackman himself.

Deadpool 3 will hit theaters on September 6th, 2024, and will be Marvel Studios' first R-rated movie.  The film is being directed by Shawn Levy from a script by Rhett Reese and Paul Wernick.

Sounds fun, and not surprising at all, I honestly suspected this might happen, we all know Ryan Reynolds obsession with DP's Obsession with Hugh Jackman Wolverine, I think it's a cool idea to have these guys together, and I'm sure it will be a alternate universe Wolverine, I'd hope nobody would think that this might mean Hugh Jackman will be the MCU Wolvie going forward, this would be a version they can dispose of (much like Pat Stewarts Prof X), but would be really cool and great fan service if they get Hugh to suit up finally in this one.

While I love Hugh Jackman and I love his Wolverine, I really hope this is his last time for two reasons. First, though both these cats have aged well, Jackman is clearly aging out of the part. That's not a good look for an ageless person. Deadpool they can always cover up with prosthetics. Second, it's time to move on with the next guy, it's just the truth. The more they keep bringing him back it gets harder and harder for us to accept any other actor as Wolverine. He's iconic and we wish he could play Wolverine forever but the sad truth is he can't.

On 9/28/2022 at 2:25 PM, monron999 said:

While I love Hugh Jackman and I love his Wolverine, I really hope this is his last time for two reasons. First, though both these cats have aged well, Jackman is clearly aging out of the part. That's not a good look for an ageless person. Deadpool they can always cover up with prosthetics. Second, it's time to move on with the next guy, it's just the truth. The more they keep bringing him back it gets harder and harder for us to accept any other actor as Wolverine. He's iconic and we wish he could play Wolverine forever but the sad truth is he can't.

Sure he can with creepy CGI, deepfakes and AI voicing like in Star Wars.... oh wait

This is awesome! Seeing Hugh as Wolverine is always amazing. I really don't want that role recast. Really hope we get the comic-inspired costume we saw by the end of The Wolverine movie. It seems the third Deadpool was always intended to be  X force movie andDeadpool having a grey costume in this short is a sign we gonna have something akin to that. Something tells me we gonna see more X-Men and I bet this movie will be a prelude to the Secret Wars movie.

On 9/28/2022 at 8:05 PM, ransomz said:

Oh man, I hope they have him in full costume for at least one extended action scene. And I hope it doesn't look Power Rangers-ish.

yeah this is the perfect opportunity to have Hugh Jackman finally suit up as Wolverine, for the last go, he might as well, if they don't have him suit up for a entire scene, they will tease it, they might not have him suit up just to be all cheeky, but show a lil clip at the end where he is just as a send off.

I wish this movie was coming sooner, honestly Deadpool and his antics are something we need in the MCU, he's actually done right comedy wise, and imagine him hanging out with She-Hulk? ha..

the first 2 Deadpool movies might be some of my favourite Marvel movies.

On 9/29/2022 at 3:23 PM, Lord_Scareglow said:

the first 2 Deadpool movies might be some of my favourite Marvel movies.

I did like both movies a lot but I was a bit disappointed with how they handled Cable. I figured there was no way they could do him justice and I was right. While the X-Force insta-deaths were funny, I was also disappointed they were out of it so fast. Still, a enjoyable movie. I liked Domino more than I thought I would. I still wish she had the classic black and white domino look. I mean it's right there in the name.

On 9/29/2022 at 7:03 PM, ransomz said:

I did like both movies a lot but I was a bit disappointed with how they handled Cable. I figured there was no way they could do him justice and I was right. While the X-Force insta-deaths were funny, I was also disappointed they were out of it so fast. Still, a enjoyable movie. I liked Domino more than I thought I would. I still wish she had the classic black and white domino look. I mean it's right there in the name.

Yeah while I do agree with all 3 of those aspects of the film, yes Cable was a bit mishandled, but in the end I think they did the best they could with him and what they were working with within the confines of the film, I think he likely will get more screen time obviously in this 3rd movie, Yes the fact they killed off the whole X-Force team was a bit sad, and misleading, but they obviously felt those specific characters were disposable, I think they have a better batch of members in the wings, and Yes at first I wasn't really big on Dominos new look, but I grew to be a big fan, I really like that character, and I'm happy to see more of her.

• 2 months later...

I wanna believe this, and though it's quite easy to let a little blood and gore and maybe a few curse words through the Disney filter, I seriously doubt it will be anywhere near comparable to the previous two movies. Honestly, that's only a small part of the equation, though. In the end, just do a good freakin' movie and leave all the postulating on the cutting room floor and people will come. I know it sounds so simple, but if Disney is good at one thing it's "fixing" things that aren't broken. Of course, it almost always ends in failure, but it doesn't keep them from trying over and over again.

• 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Deadline is reporting that Jennifer Garner will be making an appearance in Deadpool III as Elektra, a role she first played in the original 20th Century Fox 2003 Daredevil movie which stared Ben Affleck. She then played the character again in her own solo movie. No word if her part in the movie will just be a cameo or something more involved. Deadpool III will star Ryan Reynolds as Deadpool and Hugh Jackman as Wolverine.

Elektra.jpg

So this going to be like the anti-Avengers. All the less than impressive stand alone and side characters from the Sony movies are going to be united. That said, I do like Jennifer Garner and don't blame her for the mess that was Elektra. This could be interesting and maybe redemptive. I thought that about Andrew Garfield's character in the last Spider-Man movie. He was kind of like the failure Spider-Man because his Gwen Stacey died. He got a chance to make up for that saving Mary Jane. Fingers crossed D3 won't be a dumpster fire.