Marvel Legends Capcom Style Iron Man With Proton Cannon Revealed!?!

JayC

Thanks to Isaac Wong we have our first look at what appears to be a new Capcom style Marvel Legends Modular Iron Man figure with Proton Cannon.

The figure seems to be packaged in the windowless style box with a retro feel to it. This would seemingly contradict what Hasbro had previously said about not getting rid of the plastic on their retro style packed figures.

The figure seems to have already been released overseas but here in the US may end up being a store exclusive of some type. Likely we will get more details on this one later today during Hasbro's Marvel Legends Pulse-Con panel which starts at 3:45PM ET.

309183417_2403429866479761_5682692942609884537_n.jpg

On 9/30/2022 at 5:38 AM, JayC said:
The figure seems to be packaged in the windowless style box with a retro feel to it. This would seemingly contradict what Hasbro had previously said about not getting rid of the plastic on their retro style packed figures.

309183417_2403429866479761_5682692942609884537_n.jpg

If this is for reals, I would guess - based on the relative size of the packages, the inclusion of the Proton Cannon, and Hasbro's loose interpretation of the term - that this would qualify as a "deluxe" figure.  It may be that what we're looking at isn't the standard retro card, but a deluxe figure  version of it.   So they can technically stick to what they said and and keep the plastic in the standard retro releases.  ...and, y'know, jack up the price another notch on this bad boy.

On 9/30/2022 at 8:58 AM, MonsterChris said:

If this is for reals, I would guess - based on the relative size of the packages, the inclusion of the Proton Cannon, and Hasbro's loose interpretation of the term - that this would qualify as a "deluxe" figure.  It may be that what we're looking at isn't the standard retro card, but a deluxe figure  version of it.   So they can technically stick to what they said and and keep the plastic in the standard retro releases.  ...and, y'know, jack up the price another notch on this bad boy.

Its real, its from an overseas toy store that has already gotten it in stock. It probably will have a Deluxe price.

On 9/30/2022 at 5:29 PM, tarot said:

Looks like it just a sleeve. They set will have iron man on the retro card with the gun in a separate box.

I don't know the packaging is done like the old Toy Biz boxes and if it was a Retro Card included Tony would be in the centre like War Machine and you would see some of the artwork 

dfeige3-34913f67-7dc2-443f-a658-39f1af56

Following the news from earlier this morning we now have a in-hand look of the new Marvel Legends Iron Man Retro Cardback Iron Man With Pulsar Cannon figure via Blackplasticlife.blogspot.com.

They say it's a SDCC exclusive that was never revealed which likely means it will be going up for pre-order this weekend as a Pulse-Exclusive. We will very likely get the official announcement during the Hasbro Marvel Legends Pulse-Con panel which starts at 3:45pm ET.

Iron-Man-01.jpg

Iron-Man-02.jpg

Iron-Man-03.jpg

Iron-Man-04.jpg

Iron-Man-05.jpg

Iron-Man-06.jpg

Iron-Man-07.jpg

Iron-Man-08.jpg

Iron-Man-09.jpg

Iron-Man-10.jpg

Iron-Man-11.jpg

Iron-Man-12.jpg

Iron-Man-13.jpg

Iron-Man-14.jpg

Iron-Man-15.jpg

Iron-Man-16.jpg

Iron-Man-17.jpg

Iron-Man-18.jpg

Iron-Man-19.jpg

Iron-Man-20.jpg

Iron-Man-21.jpg

Iron-Man-22.jpg

Iron-Man-23.jpg

This looks really cool, but if it's a Pulse Exclusive then it's probably going to be $35-$40 and unlikely to ever be available on clearance anywhere. I think that I'll likely pass if that's the case.

I'm still holding out hope for a Gargantos / Shuma Gorath exclusive from Multiverse of Madness to be announced today. There were rumors about it at one point. Although I also can't help but wonder if this was ever planned if it was then axed because they thought it might be too similar to the Suicide Squad Starro BAF that McFarlane is doing (and has spread out over 4 completely unrelated Crime Syndicate figures over basically this whole calendar year).

Not surprised in the least this is coming out, I would have bet the farm on this figure, maybe not with the Pulse Cannon, but this was an easy re-paint, I was certain would be on the retro card, I'm happy that so many people are probably rejoicing for this, I know it's been asked for a ton, I personally don't have any interest, sure it does look cool, but it's meh, don't need it, it's another 1000th Iron Man to me, I do really really want more of this retro wave, can we finally get a Mandarin Hasbro?

Pulsar Cannon this, Plasma Cannon that. It's Proton Cannon. Wait, actually it's not even that.

It's... PROTON CANNONNNNN

Joking aside, I'm loving this release. I'm happy that Hasbro is trying out different kinds of effects for Iron Man, and the headsculpts this figure comes with are exactly what I wanted it to come with. I might have to get two of these, for the Into the Iron-Verse section of my shelves, one as MvC Iron Man and the other as animated Iron Man.