2022 Hasbro Pulse-Con Day 1 - Transformers, Power Rangers, Starting Lineup, Fortnite, Marvel Legends

JayC

On 9/30/2022 at 5:00 PM, tarot said:

Oh forgot the DD set but that's an instant buy from me.

SAME! A well done Daredevil has been in my top 20 for quite sometime (the Bucky Cap version just didn't quite cut it). Now we need classic versions of Powerman and Iron Fist! All in all, this was a pretty damn impressive show. Glad Hasbro is continuing to use Paul Harding for a lot of their head sculpts.

Might be the best X-Men wave. Doesn't mean I can't nitpick lol

Dark Phoenix: I have the 2-Pack but what kind of X-Men fan would I be if I didn't pick this up? Sorta wish she came with a second translucent head. Might buy multiples so I can plop Gray Black Widow's head on her for my temp Rachel Summers.

Spiral: Perfect. No notes.

Longshot: The Boxed set kinda took the thunder out of this release but he still looks great.

Avalanche: Dude needs a new look LOL But I do need an Avalanche on my Villains shelf.

Multiple Man: Wish the design was yellow instead of gold. The golds don't really POP against the green.

Even the Wolverine is kind of essential. He opens up a new team to collect. Storm and Banshee looking good too.

They finally made a non weird looking wolverine unmasked head. Good job.

Long shot's face still looks odd but will still get.

Spiral looks amazing.

Avalanche face kinda looks like Elon Musk to me.. Still getting him for the brotherhood shelf.

Sucks about the cell shading for cyclops but I'll probably get him if I see him. 

Daredevil looks ok, not a fan of the body though. I think the Vulcan buck would have been better. Electra looks cool though. Might pick her up loose.

Man that was a pretty great bunch of reveals , Love how it was comic figures oriented. Some really awesome stuff revealed, that X-men Wave is so good.

here's my breakdown

Retro Iron Man - Easy Pass for me, looks really cool, but I don't need another IM personally, 80th Still Is my choice figure
    Orb - I love this, finally Orb, he is what I hoped for, I have wanted an Orb figure forever. For sure want this
    Molecule Man - Def a nice figure, finally a Molecule Man, I would love to get this
    Moonstone - Always wished I had gotten that pack she came in, so I'm happy they re-released her, this looks better.
    What If...? Gamora - Cool looking figure but I think I'll likely pass.
    Wolverine - Easy Pass
    Longshot - This made me cancel that extremely pricey box set, I only wanted the set for Mojo and Longshot, and with this and single packed Mojo, thought I'd cancel
    Multiple Man - Nice, finally I get another crack at Multiple Man, and this is my prefered version.
    Avalanche - Awesome finally an Avalanche
    Spiral - Amazing looking figure, a Must get
    Dark Phoenix - Finally another chance at Dark Phoenix, never got that 2 pack, and this is great.
    Banshee - I really want this figure, looks good, not the outfit I would have desired first, but I'll bite on this pack for this guy
    Storm - Likely a Pass, but if I'm getting the Banshee, she comes with it right, can't remember
    Stryfe - Looks awesome, I could never get this figure for a reasonable price, guess this is in that 5 pack
    Cyclops - Not doing the Animated figures so, I'm cool without it
    Spider-Man & Carnage - No Animated For Me.

Daredevil 3 pack - Want this for Bullseye whom I never could get for a decent price, and love the white elektra, Daredevil    is a meh
    Star-Lord - Actually like this, I have the 5 pack figure, but I'd get this one as aswell if I could find it.

All I went for (& kinda hate myself bc of it) was the retro modular Iron Man🤦‍♂️. Maybe I will sell off the cannon to make up for some of the cost.. I dunno.

On 10/1/2022 at 12:14 AM, MRT said:

Daredevil looks ok, not a fan of the body though. I think the Vulcan buck would have been better.

Agreed. That’s what I’ll be hoping for if/when he gets another release down the line. 🤞🏻🤞🏻 And in the classic red with obvious boots/gloves.

Here's my breakdown

• Retro Iron Man -  I have the original Modular, but this does also play off my nostalgia - Easy Pass unless I can get it cheap
  • Orb - Looks good, but don't care about the character - Maybe educed
  • Molecule Man - Fireballs again? Do Hasbro do the research on these characters (No.) If they were to give him an accessory it should have been his wand. Still, Maybe reduced
  • Moonstone - Looks great, some blast effects would have been nice, still will go nicely with my Zemo. Must Get.
  • What If...? Gamora - Don't care.
  • Wolverine - Looks good, not essential but still tempted
  • Longshot -  Never liked him, so pass
  • Multiple Man - Was never a fan of his costume look, but you can't have enough Multiple Men
  • Avalanche -  Finally, no effect pieces though. Still another one for the brotherhood.
  • Spiral -  Don't care about the character, so pass
  • Dark Phoenix - Looks good, but I would have preferred regular Phoenix
  • Banshee - Hopefully comes with a standard head, but not really keen on getting a Three pack or him, might wait for the GSXM version
  • Storm - Looks nice, but not interest in that three pack at all
  • Stryfe -  Looks really good, but it will depend on the rest of the Random Villains set
  • Animated Cyclops -  Pass
  • Animated Spider-Man & Carnage -  Don't care about animated figures
  • Daredevil 3 pack -  I have versions of most of these so pass
  • Star-Lord -  It's different, so I might get it

On 9/30/2022 at 12:53 PM, JayC said:

DD-3pk7.thumb.jpg.c810ef4480d3bd4a13eaf6ed36c1eb74.jpgDD-3pk3.jpg

The Daredevil 3 pack is almost in line with what I had as an idea for a DD wave; its got some characters that are long overdue:

-Daredevil, pinless Vulcan buck 

-Elektra, all new buck for white outfit Echo

-Gladiator (stuns me he hasn't ever been done; Tombstone buck maybe?)

-Nekra (Medusa buck, ORIGINAL outfit)

-Mauler (original armor)

-Angar the Screamer

-The Owl

BAF Mr. Hyde

rkilplsaoxhocwkns5hg.jpg

I’m super excited about the X-Men figures. I definitely want those yellow and blue costume figures. I really like that Wolverine.

Has anyone noticed any differences between this Stryfe and the new one?

I’m undecided on Multiple Man. He’s kind of surprising to me. Has he worn that costume recently? Does this work toward completing the Phoenix era stuff?

Avalanche is a must. I’m glad these are in the classic lineup so no BAF.

On 10/1/2022 at 2:47 AM, Atlantis said:

The Daredevil 3 pack is almost in line with what I had as an idea for a DD wave; its got some characters that are long overdue:

-Daredevil, pinless Vulcan buck 

-Elektra, all new buck for white outfit Echo

-Gladiator (stuns me he hasn't ever been done; Tombstone buck maybe?)

-Nekra (Medusa buck, ORIGINAL outfit)

-Mauler (original armor)

-Angar the Screamer

-The Owl

BAF Mr. Hyde

MAULER-Marvel-Comics.jpg

rkilplsaoxhocwkns5hg.jpg

I like it, but they already did Hyde. How about Bullet?

Not a fan of DD on the Spidey buck. It's a scale thing i won't even get started on. Not a fan of that weird Bullseye suit, not even in the comics. The only one I like out of the 3 pack is Elektra cuz she's not on the Kate Bishop buck and the head sculpt is amazing, but I ain't paying no $75 for just that. If the trend with the Mojo set keeps up I'm hoping to see this Elektra, or a similar one, in a single pack.

I like the era specific heads. Absolutely loved Bob Laytons artwork that I'm assuming this is based on. Admittedly I wasn't a fan of the recent Charles Bronson inspired look that came with the Toybiz homage figure. 

Imagine if Pulse gave us head sets of iconic characters from specific eras or artist. Wouldn't have to be the entire figure based on a specific artist,  DC did that and the designs were all o er the board, couldn't combine character from different artist as the looks were to varied. But say, a set of artist/ era inspired heads for Spidey like Ditko, McFarland,  Bagley.. or Cap with Kirby, Byrne or Garney heads.  Stark with Layton, Hall, etc... 

This way we fans could display the head of out choice. Of course, some designs, like Tony's super mullet are very specific to this armor.. 

On 10/2/2022 at 7:14 PM, McHogan said:

I like the era specific heads. Absolutely loved Bob Laytons artwork that I'm assuming this is based on. Admittedly I wasn't a fan of the recent Charles Bronson inspired look that came with the Toybiz homage figure. 

Imagine if Pulse gave us head sets of iconic characters from specific eras or artist. Wouldn't have to be the entire figure based on a specific artist,  DC did that and the designs were all o er the board, couldn't combine character from different artist as the looks were to varied. But say, a set of artist/ era inspired heads for Spidey like Ditko, McFarland,  Bagley.. or Cap with Kirby, Byrne or Garney heads.  Stark with Layton, Hall, etc... 

This way we fans could display the head of out choice. Of course, some designs, like Tony's super mullet are very specific to this armor.. 

I wish Hasbro would do that in general, but also kinda do something similar in that they specifically rerelease the 60s-ish Tony head included with the 80th Iron Man and Stealth Iron Man, the 70s-ish head included with the ToyBiz one, and the modern head included as a holo-Tony head with AI Tony (obviously recolored into normal fleshy human colors), but all shrunk down a bit to be actually normal-human-head size like the mulleted head on this new one seems to be; as opposed to how the existing released versions of the heads are kind of unthinkingly scaled assuming the armor is his normal body size, which of course it isn't, leaving the heads significantly oversized.  It's a little thing but it really bugs me that all of the recent Tony heads are just too damn big, especially noticeable when you try to put them on a suited body.  Rhodey's head that came with the Deluxe War Machine is similarly too big, but a smallened version of that would be a bit of an odd one out in a Tony Head Pack.