2022 Hasbro Pulse-Con Day 1 - Transformers, Power Rangers, Starting Lineup, Fortnite, Marvel Legends

JayC

• 4 weeks later...

Yeah I gotta say that Cyclops is looking mighty alright, they even dialed back the cell shading it seems, because it looks less obvious on this figure, I think that might have been on purpose, it seems like the most wanted figures from this VHS series have less Cell Shading, those figures that people have been asking for a re-release on like Jubilee, Cyclops and Wolverine, and Morph, I would probably get this figure to replace my current Cyclops (the jacketed one) but only if it was on a shelf at a regular retail price, I'm not paying double for a figure, The Jacket Cy is still a nice figure so I'll stay with that one.

Shown below via Dan Who are some in-hand images for the new Marvel Legends X-Men Retro Cardback wave from Hasbro which is already starting to see release in the UK. This wave includes figures of Longshot, Classic Multiple Man, Wolverine In Yellow And Blue X-Men Uniform, Avalanche, Dark Phoenix and Spiral which are available for pre-order now at our sponsors BigBadToyStore.com and Entertainment Earth.

Check back soon for reviews of these figures from Dan.

Marvel-Retro-01.jpg

Marvel-Retro-02.jpg

Marvel-Retro-03.jpg

Marvel-Retro-04.jpg

Marvel-Retro-05.jpg

Marvel-Retro-06.jpg

On 11/12/2022 at 9:30 AM, MODADDYDODOK said:

"... Also, is it just me or does Spiral’s blue look different than the reveal? "

Its hard to tell. The reveal looked like it was more blue/gray, almost a slate blue. This pic the blue looks lighter, but that could be the lighting difference between studio lights and sunlight reflection. Then there's camera resoultion and what not. 

On 11/12/2022 at 9:39 AM, Atlantis said:

Spiral is still looking pretty good here. They should have had an option to get Multiple Man in a 3 pack. Overall this is looking like a great wave.

I wonder if Hasbro ever does focus groups because things like this (his name is MULTIPLE Man, why wouldn't he be in a Multiple pack) would certainly be shared with them.

Exactly. And especially in light of the fact that they've already been doing 3-packs for "troop buliding" types (SHIELD agents, Hellfire Club goons, etc). I caution people on the forum not to try to figure out how their (hasbro's) minds work, because that's just a headache. Still, one can't help but wonder....

Been a cold damn minute since I've been excited about a ML wave cuz as good as it might seem Hasbro always does something just right to screw it up. Of course this time is no different as they persist with this stupid Sunfire mold by using it for Maddrox, but I actually liked my previous version and have about a dozen, so I'm good. It's that Spiral that's getting me hyped. Not only does it seem to be on the basic model of the Moonstone buck but they got her face, color and muscle build just right. It looks like the one they did in the Target Red Hulk wave on an updated system and that's exactly what they did. It looks like they even maintained the 6 arm mechanics that made the first one so well done, and managed to keep upper torso swivel as well. Eat your heart out Doppleganger and 6X Spidey. Just.....yeah, just go have a seat in the corner and someone will be there shortly with some Kleenex and some Play-Doh. Yeah, just right there. Good.

Again, Hasbro has the ability to so some awesome stuff, but not often do they have the initiative or the appreciation for the fandom to do it consistently. Gotta take the wins when you can, andIy can't wait for this one.

I ordered this pack mainly because I really want a Bullseye, since I never was able to get that Man-Thing wave one for a decent price, as much as I don't like this Bullseye as much I'd be fine with it, the Elektra is awesome, that new Headsculpt is really good, the least interesting element of this pack for me is the new DD, I actually think the Defenders 4 Pack DD is better looking, this one seems too slim and I really liked the colors of the 4 pack, also why does it look like from these pics that DD's costume doesn't have the insignia on the front? is that just because of the pics? or is it actually not there?

On 11/14/2022 at 5:43 PM, Lord_Scareglow said:

I ordered this pack mainly because I really want a Bullseye, since I never was able to get that Man-Thing wave one for a decent price, as much as I don't like this Bullseye as much I'd be fine with it, the Elektra is awesome, that new Headsculpt is really good, the least interesting element of this pack for me is the new DD, I actually think the Defenders 4 Pack DD is better looking, this one seems too slim and I really liked the colors of the 4 pack, also why does it look like from these pics that DD's costume doesn't have the insignia on the front? is that just because of the pics? or is it actually not there?

he has the double ds. The paint they use is too similar to the red.