2022 Hasbro Pulse-Con Day 1 - Transformers, Power Rangers, Starting Lineup, Fortnite, Marvel Legends

JayC

On 11/14/2022 at 12:47 PM, tarot said:

he has the double ds. The paint they use is too similar to the red.

Ah okay, yeah I wondered if it was just a trick of the eye from the photos, I don't think I ever remember a time DD didn't have his D's on his costume so it didn't make sense, that design on his suit is pretty integral to his look.

As the biggest DD Superfan it pains me to say I have no need for this set. Daredevil on the Spidey buck? No thanks. How bout on the Vulcan buck? Better yet, how 'bout making a super posable Bucky Cap sized mold? Also, nothing new for Bullseye accept for the color scheme, which wasn't worth it for me. If Elektra is on the Shriek mold I'll sling $50 for it on the secondary market. Another mailed in effort from Hasbro, but what else is new? Alert me when we get DD on the Vulcan buck.

When the Vulcan buck was announced, a lot of collectors started thinking about upgrading their buckycap figures to this "improved" version. Its a no-brainer. They already did it,with excellent results, to the Black Panther. So of course they'd do it for Daredevil. Of course they would. 

And then....

I get the frustration over the buck they used for Daredevil  (I totally thought the Vulcan buck would be the upgrade), but I do still love this one. The Elektra with that crazy hair will also be a unique addition to my collection, and the paint apps on the Bullseye head are so much better, making this set a win for me! All that being said, It is kind of ridiculous for Hasbro to still be missing the mark with size of buck for size of character. It would be incredibly easy for them to design 3 or 4 great new base male bucks and 3 or 4 base female bucks that represent a certain height range, and then design from there. The moment they update a buck they should already have a working list of characters it could work for, and if they have a desire to produce a character that they don't have an appropriate buck for, then they should create a new buck (it keeps their fans happy, and it keeps the line fresh and exciting).  Hasbro gets a lot right, but the things they don't get right are just baffling.

I'm more than ok with the current DDs we've gotten. To me, his sculpt amd proportions look exactly as I recall DD looking in the comics. I'd take a Vulcan body upgrade but will give zero F@#$ if they never get around to upgrading him.

I'm a sucker for DD so I bought the set.. not crazy about the Bullseye but I've been looking for a unmasked head to go with a Hawkeye figure for my Dark Avengers lineup 

I don't actually mind Daredevil on the RYV body, I've always found that body too big for Spider-Man and I've always seen Daredevil as somewhat lithe. If anything, I want a less awkward Pizza Spidey type body with the articulation of the RYV body. The AF15 Spidey is my current preferred mold for Peter and I think this body for Daredevil would look good next to that one.

I'm certainly excited for this Bullseye/Daredevil/Elektra 3-pack!

I didn't get the Man-Thing wave Bullseye unfortunately so the only that I currently have is the Toy Biz version. I would have preferred that prior version but I'm not paying secondary market prices for it.

I understand the disappointment in the buck used for Daredevil, but this is a must buy for me as the only two I currently have are the Toy Biz Face Off version and the Hasbro Shadowland version. This is an improvement over both of those.

The Elektra is a fantastic figure, but I'm just not a fan of the white costume and will likely stick with the red costumed version that I already have (SPDR wave?). I have the Toy Biz version as well and the one from the older Hasbro 2-pack also. I'm hoping that enough people will want only the white costume Elektra from this pack so that I can get a nice price on ebay for just her. I fully expect that we'll be getting her new Daredevil costume before long but I'm not really interested in that look for her either.

I wouldn’t say that this 3pack DD is disappointing; it just doesn’t match the build when I think of the character. He has had different physiques throughout comics so I reckon it just comes down to preference. The Vulcan buck would make for a good classic version as he was a bit more jacked in those times, I feel like. If anything, I’m glad they didn’t do that here because I have zero interest in the 2 figures that he’s packed with. Plus, I wouldn’t really call this a classic deco anyway.

As for retro Modular, mine will be showing up tomorrow. #Woohoo!

On 9/30/2022 at 11:59 AM, JayC said:

Orb is not a tier and will be released in 2023 which will be part of the next Avengers comic wave.

Pulse-Con-05 2.jpg

This is gonna seem off the wall, but everytime I see Orb, I think of another globe-headed villain....no, not Mysterio....but Ruby Thursday. Anybody remember her? Now that was a psycho.....

Ruby-Thursday-Marvel-Comics-Defenders-Headmen-b.jpg

On 11/21/2022 at 11:47 PM, Atlantis said:

This is gonna seem off the wall, but everytime I see Orb, I think of another globe-headed villain....no, not Mysterio....but Ruby Thursday. Anybody remember her? Now that was a psycho.....

well, it's not impossible for her to be made. she made an appearance the the Square-Enix GOTG game. 

Haven't decided to pick up this Iron Man or not, but that color scheme is looking really good. The additional head is great too. The whole thing reminds me of the DC Universe Classics. While their articulation wasn't as extreme as Toybiz's, they had the most accurate costumes out there with the best paint jobs. 

Now its time for them to do the proto-classic armor, with the "horned" face visor/face mask, diagonal chest vents (?) and shoulder antennae. This color scheme would look great on that!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

I love how these once exclusives start showing up at other retailers. Unfortunately I always fall for the FOMO and order them right away. Good for those who missed out. I immediately want to wait for a lot of these and see if they end up in other stores but with my luck I will undoubtedly miss out on one of the ones I really want

• 2 months later...
On 5/15/2023 at 4:50 PM, AndyL said:

I love how these once exclusives start showing up at other retailers. Unfortunately I always fall for the FOMO and order them right away. Good for those who missed out. I immediately want to wait for a lot of these and see if they end up in other stores but with my luck I will undoubtedly miss out on one of the ones I really want

Well, the flip side of that is that exclusives will often go for higher prices when they shift over to other retailers, so it's not necessarily that bad of a thing to scoop up something you want off the bat.  Plus of course, you can never safely assume that an exclusive will get opened up to other retailers, in my personal view, it's generally best not to wait, but that's me.