2022 Fall Walmart Collector-Con Marvel Legends Classic Comic Star-Lord Goes Up For Pre-Order Tomorrow (10/6)

JayC

While it may be too much to hope for, I'd love to see this pave the way for the original Guardians of the Galaxy.  Stunning that only Vance Astro has been done to date. He'd need a new buck 'cause the last one was too big, but with the Vulcan mold they could do both him and Yondu. Regardless, wm hasn't been as useless as it was in the past with the exclusives, so thats a good thing and a good chance to get the original Starlord.

I’m on the fence for this one. This version predates my interest in the character but admittedly, my first exposure was Chris Pratt’s take.

He looks cool enough. Something I have been doing ( before the price hike) was army build figures like this are generic enough and to whom  I have no prior attachment to. But not at the current premium exclusive cost

On 10/5/2022 at 1:17 PM, Ironspider428 said:

Is this the only Legends exclusive going up tomorrow? They usually have at least 2.

I’m not saying there won’t be more, but if I recall, two years ago it was just the Compound Hulk, then just Ulik, then just the Lizard. Now maybe just Star Lord. 

But I have a $#!++% memory so this could all be B.S.

On 10/5/2022 at 12:12 PM, Atlantis said:

While it may be too much to hope for, I'd love to see this pave the way for the original Guardians of the Galaxy.  Stunning that only Vance Astro has been done to date. He'd need a new buck 'cause the last one was too big, but with the Vulcan mold they could do both him and Yondu. Regardless, wm hasn't been as useless as it was in the past with the exclusives, so thats a good thing and a good chance to get the original Starlord.

Agree, the original Guardians would be sweet. Wasn’t a huge fan at the time but have grown to appreciate them in hindsight.

i should clarify, “My” original means the 70s era with StarHawk, Martinex, Yondu, Nikki, Charlie-27, Vance.. that group. Maybe not officially the original but this was my first team. Not to be confused with the team from the 90s ( I believe) that has a good run. Can’t recall any of new characters they added

I like that they did this figure, it's a good 70's Classic figure, I always like when they go deeper, I like that this doesn't necessarily need a team behind it to clamour to get, since if I remember this was when he wasn't on a team (at least for the beginning of the run with this suit) he was just a solo character, I want this figure, but I won't cry if I can't find it off the bat, Walmart in Canada is really mostly miss, but i do hope this means we can get more GOTG comic figures, as everyone says we need the older team.

On 10/5/2022 at 10:22 AM, McHogan said:

I’m not saying there won’t be more, but if I recall, two years ago it was just the Compound Hulk, then just Ulik, then just the Lizard. Now maybe just Star Lord. 

But I have a $#!++% memory so this could all be B.S.

I think you're right about Hulk and Ulik, but they had Lizard, retro Spidey and legacy Black Panther up in July. 

On 10/5/2022 at 11:07 AM, MODADDYDODOK said:

I thought classic Strange went up next to compound Hulk. Or was it Ulik? I dunno.

Compound Hulk was July 2021, Strange went up alongside MCU Ajak and Spidey in October 2021, Ulik was March 2022, and Lizard/Spidey/BP was July 2022. So I guess just Star Lord for October 2022 makes sense? The releases seem to alternate 1 and 3. Best guess that leaked Bucky Cap will go up March 2023 alongside another couple figures.

On 10/5/2022 at 9:32 AM, McHogan said:

Agree, the original Guardians would be sweet. Wasn’t a huge fan at the time but have grown to appreciate them in hindsight.

i should clarify, “My” original means the 70s era with StarHawk, Martinex, Yondu, Nikki, Charlie-27, Vance.. that group. Maybe not officially the original but this was my first team. Not to be confused with the team from the 90s ( I believe) that has a good run. Can’t recall any of new characters they added

Nope, you're right that's the original line up. I mean the ORIGINAL original didn't have Starhawk or Nikki yet but most of their 70s run included them. That's the team I want (not the later versions where Yondu loses his hand and Vance winds up looking like some 80's Olivia Newton-John dance aerobics music video guy). Anyway this Starlord is right up my alley so bring 'em on.

This his first appearance outfit, from the black and white magazine format, Marvel Preview. Think was one of Marvel's first expansion into more "mature" themes; Starlord's father suspects the kid isn't his, calls his mom (Meredith) the "b" word, proceeds to call the baby another "b" word, then snatches the baby, goes outside to take an axe to him. Serious stuff, for the 70s.

Fear not though; the guy suddenly has a heart attack and drops dead.  

On 10/5/2022 at 2:22 PM, Atlantis said:

Nope, you're right that's the original line up. I mean the ORIGINAL original didn't have Starhawk or Nikki yet but most of their 70s run included them. That's the team I want (not the later versions where Yondu loses his hand and Vance winds up looking like some 80's Olivia Newton-John dance aerobics video guy). Anyway this Starlord is right up my alley so bring 'em on.

This his first appearance outfit, from the black and white magazine format, Marvel Preview. Think was one of Marvel's first expansion into more "mature" themes; Starlord's father suspects the kid isn't his, calls his mom (Meredith) the "b" word, proceeds to call the baby another "b" word, then snatches the baby, goes outside to take an axe to him. Serious stuff, for the 70s.

Fear not though; the guy suddenly has a heart attack and drops dead.  

Wow. DCEU movie dark. Can see why the MCU changed that origin story 

On 10/5/2022 at 2:19 PM, Ironspider428 said:

Compound Hulk was July 2021, Strange went up alongside MCU Ajak and Spidey in October 2021, Ulik was March 2022, and Lizard/Spidey/BP was July 2022. So I guess just Star Lord for October 2022 makes sense? The releases seem to alternate 1 and 3. Best guess that leaked Bucky Cap will go up March 2023 alongside another couple figures.

Whoof.. so my remembering 1 at a time was more my purchase history than actual offerings.

haha but I did order all three from July 22.. so there goes that theory. I need some Ginko Biloba stat

On 10/5/2022 at 10:41 AM, McHogan said:

Whoof.. so my remembering 1 at a time was more my purchase history than actual offerings.

haha but I did order all three from July 22.. so there goes that theory. I need some Ginko Biloba stat

Yeah I tried that Ginko Biloba, but I kept forgetting to take it.