The Daughter Of Blade Returns, Bishop Leads A New X-Team, And Ghost Light Debuts

JayC

In addition to the special anthology one-shot MARVEL’S VOICES: WAKANDA FOREVER, the Marvel’s Voices: The World Outside Your Window panel at New York Comic Con just revealed three all-new limited series coming in February! Launching during Black History Month, these series will spotlight iconic and newly introduced Black heroes in thrilling sagas brought to the page by an all-star lineup of Black creators!

Introduced earlier this year in Free Comic Book Day: Avengers/X-Men, the daughter of Blade makes her long-awaited return in BLOODLINE: DAUGHTER OF BLADE by the new hero’s creators, writer Danny Lore and artist Karen S. Darboe. Brielle Brooks is a good kid, no matter what her teachers say--it's not her fault she's developing vampiric super powers and the undead want to brawl! And as if problems at school aren’t enough, Bri’s got a wild ride ahead of her… she's about to discover she’s the daughter of the infamous vampire hunter and Daywalker known as BLADE!

Eisner award winner John Jennings and artist Valentine De Landro (#$## Planet) introduce a new Marvel Super Hero 54 years in the making in SILVER SURFER: GHOST LIGHT! Toni Brooks and her family have moved into the quiet town of Sweetwater. But nothing is quite what it seems with their new home. What mystery did Toni and her family unravel that would call upon the Sentinel of the Spaceways—the Silver Surfer?! And just who or what is GHOST LIGHT?

From celebrated TV writer J. Holtham (Cloak and Dagger, Jessica Jones) and artist Sean Damien Hill comes a blockbuster brawl with the fate of all Krakoa at stake! See the X-Men like you’ve never seen them before in BISHOP: WAR COLLEGE! Krakoa is an island paradise, and it’s a vulnerable one…but not with Lucas Bishop on the case! Armor, Surge, Cam Long, Aura Charles, Amass – these are his students. Their course objective: Get strong. Defend the island. Keep Mutantkind safe. Their first lesson: HOW TO FAIL. And they’ll do it in spectacular Marvel fashion. What does any of that have to do with Bishop’s vision of the X-Men – and this new X-Men team? Guess you’ll have to read it, True Believer.

Check out the covers of all three series now and stay tuned in the coming weeks for more news about these highly-anticipated titles!

On Sale 2/1

BLOODLINE: DAUGHTER OF BLADE #1 (OF 5)
Written by DANNY LORE
Art and Cover by KAREN S. DARBOE

SILVER SURFER: GHOST LIGHT #1 (OF 5)
Written by JOHN JENNINGS
Art by VALENTINE DE LANDRO
Cover by TAURIN CLARKE

On Sale 2/8

BISHOP: WAR COLLEGE #1 (OF 5)
Written by J. HOLTHAM
Art by SEAN DAMIEN HILL
Cover by KEN LASHLEY

BishopWarCollege001_Cover.jpg

BLOODLINEDOBLADE2023001_Cover.jpg

GhostLight_Design.jpg

SILVSURFGL2023001_Cover.jpg

Daughter of Blade is kinda fun, I read Ghost Light as in like...oh the Diet version of Ghost, haha clearly doesn't seem like that's what it is here. Anyways kinda interested in reading some new Blade material. I might get back into following some comic series next year I kinda miss it after I bailed in 2020.

On 10/10/2022 at 11:59 PM, Ithadar said:

Funny how we have the main hero being Bishop. Was he not the same guy that wanted to kill baby Hope?  I mean a baby killer is what we look up to as hero’s now?  Ya you can tell Stan is gone that’s for sure

Stan lee didn't write anything for marvel for decades. Also if you actually read some comic you would know that Hope and Bishop have made peace.

Still doesn’t change the fact he tried to kill an infant.  As for Stan not writing anything for decades, ya that’s not entirely true but whatever. Having him around I believe kept a level of integrity that was even slowly diminishing when he was alive.  The fact that people like Bishop are forgiven for trying to murder a baby is beyond me. Evil is evil. Let’s get some hero’s out there to provide a good example for people, not murderers and psychopaths. Just weak writing if you ask me. I’ll stick to the oldies I guess more integrity and way better values

The article in question here is ABOUT Bishop not the other villains mentioned. Why would I discuss the others here. Maybe I’ll post something about them when an article is posted about them. Great response by the way, let’s make the one evil person seem ok by bringing up other bad people, I mean sure Charles Manson doesn’t seem so bad when you bring up Hitler.  I guess calling someone out for trying to murder babies is “picking on them”. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/11/2022 at 9:17 PM, enzosaurusrex said:

Villains like Apocalypse and Magneto and Doom and Thanos are around and interacting with heroes but yes let's pick on Bishop. LMAO

True. And after all, Bishop was trying to prevent his own horrible, vile, dystopic future from taking place by killing her. I can see his reasoning, while not necessarily being happy with it. Sometimes you have to make hard decisions; given what he knew at the time, Bishop's attempted assassination was the best option.