Sacha Baron Cohen Joining Disney+ Series Ironheart?

Outsiders

Deadline reports that rumors started over the weekend that Sacha Baron Cohen is playing a comic book villain in Marvel Studios’ upcoming Disney+ series Ironheart.

Sources state that the rumor started spreading on social media when multiple comic-focused Twitter accounts reported Cohen’s casting as a villain, focusing attention on Mephisto as the role.  Sources from within Marvel have told Deadline that there has been talk on the set about Cohen being part of Ironheart, and playing Mephisto.  Reps of Marvel and Cohen refused to comment.

If the rumors are true, Cohen would appear in other projects including the upcoming WandaVision spinoff Agatha: Coven of Chaos as Mephisto had a presence on the praised mothership series starring Elizabeth Olsen.

Even if Mephisto is connected to the show's main villain, The Hood. It feels weird for him to make his MCU debut in a series like Ironheart of all places instead of say WandaVision or Agatha Coven of Chaos or a Ghost Rider series. Shoot, including him in a future Spider-Man movie would make more sense than making his appearance in Ironheart, because of the One More Day Connection.

SBC is great actor be it for comedy or drama, look wise he's perfect but It all depends on the direction MCU will take him if he's gonna be more Thanos or slap-in-the-face joke character or maybe something in between, I get why they picked Iron Heart series since no one is really familiar with that character and there's no comic book fan base to support it, so naturally interests is low so putting the one and only Mephisto the hero of all the fan theories in last 3 years makes perfect sense to boost the popularity of the series. 

On 10/19/2022 at 7:01 AM, Hogun said:

Even if Mephisto is connected to the show's main villain, The Hood. It feels weird for him to make his MCU debut in a series like Ironheart of all places instead of say WandaVision or Agatha Coven of Chaos or a Ghost Rider series. Shoot, including him in a future Spider-Man movie would make more sense than making his appearance in Ironheart, because of the One More Day Connection.

That's what I was thinking too. It's the last place you'd expect him to show up, but we'll see how it goes. It all depends on how Marvel uses him. 

Hmm, at first this choice for Sacha Baron playing Mephisto is weird, but if you give it a bit of thought, it might work, Sacha is actually a good actor, he's just been pigeon holed as a comedian who plays idiots like Ali G and Borat and what not, but in actuality he's got the skills to play any role, he could really do a decent job here, he is a master of altering his voice and appearance, I wouldn't write this off as a bad choice instantly.

On 10/19/2022 at 9:03 AM, Lord_Scareglow said:

Hmm, at first this choice for Sacha Baron playing Mephisto is weird, but if you give it a bit of thought, it might work, Sacha is actually a good actor, he's just been pigeon holed as a comedian who plays idiots like Ali G and Borat and what not, but in actuality he's got the skills to play any role, he could really do a decent job here, he is a master of altering his voice and appearance, I wouldn't write this off as a bad choice instantly.

Yeah, a number of these comedians are actually great actors and can do great dramatic roles. Don't know about Sacha Baron but the first time I saw Bill Burr was on Breaking Bad; he played a henchman who could be reasonable, but definitely be menacing, when the situation called for it. I had no idea he was a stand up comedian. 

On 10/22/2022 at 11:11 AM, Atlantis said:

Yeah, a number of these comedians are actually great actors and can do great dramatic roles. Don't know about Sacha Baron but the first time I saw Bill Burr was on Breaking Bad; he played a henchman who could be reasonable, but definitely be menacing, when the situation called for it. I had no idea he was a stand up comedian. 

Sacha Baron Cohen is very good in The Trial of the Chicago 7. He's even better in The Spy.