Marvel Legends Reaver Pretty Boy Revealed

JayC

Hasbro today for their 20th of the month Marvel Legends reveal has given us our first look at their upcoming Marvel Legends Reaver Pretty Boy figure. Look for it to go up for pre-order later this year. This will likely be part of a 5-Pack with Stryfe, Vertigo, Random, Zero. We saw Stryfe previewed during Pulse-Con.

Reaver-Reveal-01.jpg

Reaver-Reveal-02.jpg

Reaver-Reveal-03.jpg

This is a good looking Pretty Boy, I'm actually impressed they gave this guy new tooling, whole new figure, for what is supposed to be part of a 5 pack, which seems like most of those packs are major part re-use figures, this is all new,

No interest in Pretty Boy, but love what he represents. With each leaked figure that gets confirmed, it becomes increasingly clear the stuff I actually wanted off that list (M, classic Monica Rambeau, MCU Kingpin and Agatha Harkness, Super-Adaptoid, Elektra as Daredevil, Astonishing Emma Frost, Chamber, Kid Omega, Baron Strucker, Marvel Boy, MCU Green Goblin and modern Miles Morales) are most likely legit as well.

I love this. Looks like about as good an interpretation of the Silvestri art as possible. This is just so illustrative of the issues I have with Hasbro. How can they do right by a character like this and Spiral, but then turn around and isht the bed with characters, long standing and far more popular characters like Silver Surfer, Firelord and Madame Hydra?

On 10/20/2022 at 1:19 PM, Bluecomet said:

If the rumours are 100% accurate, only vertigo and zero will be reused body molds...random should be a  new body mold too. That a good 5 pack I'm looking forward to.

I hope you are right, but I bet Random will reuse a lot of parts (the Hercules torso and Thunderstrike brown leather sleeveless coat). I am down for it either way!

On 10/20/2022 at 3:42 PM, Kikipage1984 said:

This looks good kinda flat hoping it looks more metallic in person since this is a digital render….also anyone else getting young Bruce Campbell vibes from the head sculpt not a complaint I fn love that it does in my opinion 

I'm seeing Bruce Campbell and also Toy Galaxy's Dan Larson from the old days before the beard.

I'm really impressed with the line-up of this set as a whole, but what is the theme? It's obvious a team building set with members of the Reavers, Mauraders, MLF, X-Factor. Is the theme just gonna be X-Men Villains. I'm not complaining, but it's just so random (pun intended) it just makes me wonder why they can't do stuff like this more ofter. Why does every wave or set have to have a specific theme? Why can't they just do waves like they used to in the Toybiz days or like at the Return of Marvel Legends? I know, movie tie-ins and product placement commitments take the front seat, but why can't they go back to a bigger spattering of variety in regards to the comic based products. Part of me thinks there is a very specific fear, whether unfounded or not, that the comic based characters would outsell the movie based characters. I personally think they would, not so much based on an opinion that they're better but that there is so much more variety and creativity.

On 10/20/2022 at 2:51 PM, monron999 said:

I'm really impressed with the line-up of this set as a whole, but what is the theme? It's obvious a team building set with members of the Reavers, Mauraders, MLF, X-Factor. Is the theme just gonna be X-Men Villains. I'm not complaining, but it's just so random (pun intended) it just makes me wonder why they can't do stuff like this more ofter. Why does every wave or set have to have a specific theme? Why can't they just do waves like they used to in the Toybiz days or like at the Return of Marvel Legends? I know, movie tie-ins and product placement commitments take the front seat, but why can't they go back to a bigger spattering of variety in regards to the comic based products. Part of me thinks there is a very specific fear, whether unfounded or not, that the comic based characters would outsell the movie based characters. I personally think they would, not so much based on an opinion that they're better but that there is so much more variety and creativity.

I think you're really discounting the big factor of the fact Hasbro has to convince retailers to buy these, and so in addition to what Hasbro thinks will and won't, might and might not sell, there's also a huge deal of what the retailers think will/might and won't/mightn't sell, in addition to just the retailers' own whims.  Most likely, having the waves be separately themed is what has allowed them to put multiple waves of Legends on the shelf on separate pegs at the same time as they're considered different assortments, different products; removing the theming from waves may allow retailers to be like "hmm, do you really need all these pegs, all this space for this one toyline?" and collapse the space allowed for Marvel Legends down some, especially with how small they're making toy sections already.

On 10/20/2022 at 11:31 AM, PushYouDown said:

...two things... Pretty Boy is supposed to be like a handsome dude....this dude look like a cartoon thug.

They missed a great opportunity to include a "no Punisher" shirt as an accessory. 

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/332562753738725441/

Lol. Yeah, it's like they took all the classically "handsome" traits and mashed them all together. The square jaw, the cleft chin, the thick head of hair, the arched eyebrows, smoldering eyes and the confident grin. Maybe separately, or maybe in pairs, they would make a handsome face, but all together it seems a little much. Whatever though, it still looks pretty cool and I will be happy to get it.

Hopefully a Macon/Cole head sculpt swappable figure will follow shortly and the Coup De Gras, Cameron Hodge, possibly as a BAF for the X-Men wave, though he might be a bit big and have to be done as a deluxe.

Yes, lol! I thought the same thing immediately when I first saw this new figure and mold. The old Ultron/Ultimate Beetle buck does not invoke Silvermane for me as much as this Pretty Boy one does. But hey, they always re-use these bucks somewhere down the line. But Popping off Silvermane's head from that old toy truck and putting it on the old Ultron/Ultimate Beetle buck is something I could even do as a customize.