Marvel Legends Comic Based Ronan the Accuser Revealed!?!

JayC

Following yesterday's leaked image of the new Marvel Legends Deluxe Blob figure, we now have an image that has popped up on social media that appears to be a new Marvel Legends Comic Based Ronan the Accuser. We have not seen any rumored listings for this one as of yet so it may end up being some kind of store exclusive at lease here in the US. When more details or Hasbro officially confirms this one we will be sure to let you know.

Ronan.jpg

Well alright! Man next year is really shaping up to be a huge drain on my wallet! But that's fine with me, I've been waiting for some of these figures to be re-released for such a long time. And the fact they did him in his classic Kirby costume this time makes it that much sweeter. Along with several other taller figures I have been waiting for - the Destroyer and the Super Adaptoid- I can now finally move further down my listed of most over-due figures. Thanks Hasbro, hope all these recent leaks are actually coming our way.

On 10/23/2022 at 8:56 AM, tarot said:

I like that they are using the colossus build for this. 

Also that's 2 former bafs from the dark days that have gotten  a remade or new figure.

Good eye. Didn't realize it was the Collie buck till you pointed it out. That's one of the times they are really doing a good job of getting some good use out of a buck that was otherwise very character specific. I wish they would have used it for Warpath.

I like that they are finally revisiting many of the figures from the Dark Days of ML, and they are actually doing straight redos. These are BAF's, of course, but I do hope they start hitting some of the standard characters like She-Hulk in her purple & white and Yellowjacket. They weren't anywhere on the rumor list, but neither was Ronan. Maybe they could do a Bucky on a modified version of the very underused Ult. Spider-Man buck.

On 10/23/2022 at 8:09 AM, Lord_Scareglow said:

"This is unexpected and awesome, this is a really good update, looks excellent, I've been wondering why it's taken so long for a new Ronan..."

I too am glad to see this; a number of collectors have been asking for this Ronan for years. I thought they did a good job with the Kree Sentry. They are just way, way overdue on a number of classic comic characters and its good to see this one on the way.

On 10/23/2022 at 9:59 AM, Air-Walker said:

Everyone has their price....and this is mine, lol! Ok, all's forgiven Hasbro, we're good! Now where and when can I get 10 of these? 

LOL I'm sure its a coincidence that they're taking a lot of well deserved heat from collectors right now, and we're seeing more comic based figures on the horizon. Certainly takes a little edge off. I could ask why they weren't doing that in the first place- giving the fans what they want- but it is what it is.

Too much to ask that this Ronan be part of a Captain Marvel theme I suppose. Mar-Vell in a pinless, hair and boot accurate form this time, his original white/green outfit, original Ms. Marvel, Moondragon (original outfit), Mon-Tog, Deathbird, original Drax, and Supreme Intelligence as a BAF or deluxe thing. 

Ha. Dreaming. At least Ronan's coming. 

On 10/23/2022 at 8:29 PM, Atlantis said:

LOL I'm sure its a coincidence that they're taking a lot of well deserved heat from collectors right now, and we're seeing more comic based figures on the horizon. Certainly takes a little edge off. I could ask why they weren't doing that in the first place- giving the fans what they want- but it is what it is.

Too much to ask that this Ronan be part of a Captain Marvel theme I suppose. Mar-Vell in a pinless, hair and boot accurate form this time, his original white/green outfit, original Ms. Marvel, Moondragon (original outfit), Mon-Tog, Deathbird, original Drax, and Supreme Intelligence as a BAF or deluxe thing. 

Well it looks to be a captain marvel themed figure......just not the captain marvel your thinking of. More the marvels then the mar-vell.

On 10/23/2022 at 8:09 AM, Lord_Scareglow said:

"... been wondering why it's taken so long for a new Ronan, very much want this figure, now just fill out the Comic Guardians..."

Here, here. They recently said Yondu is on the way, but they "couldn't get to" the rest of the team. Which makes no sense, especially since the original Star-Lord is on retail now, yet he wasn't even part of the team then. Let's hope things change and we can get Yondu, Vance, Martinex, Charlie-27, Starhawk and Nikki in their classic looks before end of 2023.

On 10/23/2022 at 3:29 PM, Atlantis said:

True indeed!

Oh man it's like you're playing music to my ears! Music to my very Soul, lol! Total dream list come true for me as well. Heck just one or two of those in this wave would make it even sweeter! 

On 10/23/2022 at 12:29 PM, Atlantis said:

That would be one hell of a wave!  Thanks for the heads up on Yondu too - hadn't heard he was close! 

On 10/23/2022 at 4:17 PM, Air-Walker said:

True indeed!

Oh man it's like you're playing music to my ears! Music to my very Soul, lol! Total dream list come true for me as well. Heck just one or two of those in this wave would make it even sweeter! 

Frankly I would've placed Deathbird in a Ms. Marvel/Captain Marvel specific wave, but we already know the team doesn't always latch onto that kind of continuity as far as figure choices go. And I'm still amazed they haven't done the original Ms. Marvel; when that Rogue came out in the 2-pack with Pyro I was certain our scarfed heroine was around the corner. 

Supreme Intelligence would be one of the very few characters that wouldn't require that much articulation, but like MODOK and Sugar Man, he's basically a big head. So to give him some function, they could put him in a large tube, with green "glass" and a nice base with lights that blink on off.....

On 10/24/2022 at 5:01 PM, Atlantis said:

Supreme Intelligence would be one of the very few characters that wouldn't require that much articulation, but like MODOK and Sugar Man, he's basically a big head. So to give him some function, they could put him in a large tube, with green "glass" and a nice base with lights that blink on off.....

I've been using an old Heroclix convention exclusive Supreme Intelligence as my stand-in until we get a Legends (or even Select!) version. The tube it is in stands about 7" tall, so it really is probably a better fit for 1/18th scale rather than 1/12th, but it works fine for me for now because it's still slightly taller than a standard 6" figure - although no where near as massive as it would be scaled appropriately. I think it cost me like $18. It serves the purpose.

image.thumb.jpeg.b4a7e42ac22960c5274128fa04c12727.jpeg

On 10/25/2022 at 12:07 AM, watanabefan said:

Always great to see the leak list further reconfirmed. 

Ronan was never leaked as far as I can retell, and I keep track of all the rumors over on my own site. This is the reason we are thinking this may be a store exclusive as they are harder to leak then regular figures.

On 10/24/2022 at 2:34 PM, Reno said:

I've been using an old Heroclix convention exclusive Supreme Intelligence as my stand-in until we get a Legends (or even Select!) version. The tube it is in stands about 7" tall, so it really is probably a better fit for 1/18th scale rather than 1/12th, but it works fine for me for now because it's still slightly taller than a standard 6" figure - although no where near as massive as it would be scaled appropriately. I think it cost me like $18. It serves the purpose.

image.thumb.jpeg.b4a7e42ac22960c5274128fa04c12727.jpeg

HOLY CRAP....I had no idea this existed. And here I was, thinking maybe I came up with an almost unique idea. But yeah, that, scaled bigger, and some tiny indicator lights strobing here and there.....