Marvel Legends Comic Based Ronan the Accuser Revealed!?!

JayC

On 10/24/2022 at 6:01 PM, Atlantis said:

Frankly I would've placed Deathbird in a Ms. Marvel/Captain Marvel specific wave, but we already know the team doesn't always latch onto that kind of continuity as far as figure choices go. And I'm still amazed they haven't done the original Ms. Marvel; when that Rogue came out in the 2-pack with Pyro I was certain our scarfed heroine was around the corner. 

Supreme Intelligence would be one of the very few characters that wouldn't require that much articulation, but like MODOK and Sugar Man, he's basically a big head. So to give him some function, they could put him in a large tube, with green "glass" and a nice base with lights that blink on off.....

Awesome ideas again dude! Really, really awesome. The original Ms Marvel, along with Annihilus is one of the last of my top fivers. I pray they do make her soon, and with the appropriate Feathered 70s hair, and on that Rogue body (If they put her on the Kate Bishop, they'd be straight back in my doghouse, Ronan or not!) Lol.

And the Supreme Intelligence...yep, all the above, though I'd love it if they gave him bendy tentacles 😄

On 10/25/2022 at 5:58 PM, Air-Walker said:

Awesome ideas again dude! Really, really awesome. The original Ms Marvel, along with Annihilus is one of the last of my top fivers. I pray they do make her soon, and with the appropriate Feathered 70s hair, and on that Rogue body (If they put her on the Kate Bishop, they'd be straight back in my doghouse, Ronan or not!) Lol.

And the Supreme Intelligence...yep, all the above, though I'd love it if they gave him bendy tentacles 😄

Thanks, but did you see the pic @Reno posted? My idea about SI has already been done. I had no idea! The only thing they didn't do was the lights in the base like I'm thinking of. But I figure a fairly static figure like that will need something to shake it up. 

On 10/25/2022 at 5:58 PM, Air-Walker said:

"....The original Ms Marvel, along with Annihilus is one of the last of my top fivers. I pray they do make her soon, and with the appropriate Feathered 70s hair, and on that Rogue body (If they put her on the Kate Bishop, they'd be straight back in my doghouse, Ronan or not!) Lol..."

Like a century ago, she was supposed to come out....who knows what happened....although admittedly they can do a better head nowadays and really capture the hairstyle. Weird how when she first transformed from Carol to Ms. Marvel, her hair got shorter

ML Fan Choice - Ms_ Marvel 2 _764x1024_.jpg

On 10/26/2022 at 5:21 AM, Atlantis said:

Thanks, but did you see the pic @Reno posted? My idea about SI has already been done. I had no idea! The only thing they didn't do was the lights in the base like I'm thinking of. But I figure a fairly static figure like that will need something to shake it up. 

They did do that with Zordon for the Lightning Collection, so it is possible

On 10/26/2022 at 12:21 AM, Atlantis said:

Whoa!! I never did see that! A giant green head floating in a jar is so very grotesque and yet so totally and awesomely compelling!! I LOVE that idea!! I totally agree, that would shake things up nicely!

On 10/26/2022 at 12:23 AM, Atlantis said:

Like a century ago, she was supposed to come out....who knows what happened....although admittedly they can do a better head nowadays and really capture the hairstyle. Weird how when she first transformed from Carol to Ms. Marvel, her hair got shorter

Ohhh, I didn't know about this! (I'd not reawakened to ML until the OdinAll-Father wave). Nooot bad, but yeah, I'm glad they'd have waited. Again, Force-Willing on the more robust body, with a better face and hair!

On 10/24/2022 at 6:01 PM, Atlantis said:

Frankly I would've placed Deathbird in a Ms. Marvel/Captain Marvel specific wave, but we already know the team doesn't always latch onto that kind of continuity as far as figure choices go. And I'm still amazed they haven't done the original Ms. Marvel; when that Rogue came out in the 2-pack with Pyro I was certain our scarfed heroine was around the corner. 

Supreme Intelligence would be one of the very few characters that wouldn't require that much articulation, but like MODOK and Sugar Man, he's basically a big head. So to give him some function, they could put him in a large tube, with green "glass" and a nice base with lights that blink on off.....

I once suggested that we could get a Supreme Intelligence as a molded piece placed at the back of a box set featuring some S.I. appropriate characters. Say, like the upcoming XMen 5 pack but with Ronan, Deathbird, Mar-Vell, Dr. Minerva,... for example. The package could look like the tube and the insert a thin plastic with S.I.’s ugly mug molded in. It could be to scale or pretty close and since it is thin green plastic, those of us who have ingenuity could put a light behind it to enhance the effect.

may be the only way to to get such a unique character 

On 11/1/2022 at 11:35 PM, KreeEmpire said:

I've been waiting for classic comic Ronan for ages. Its encouraging that we now have a Super Skrull and Kree Accuser on the way. And we definitely need more Kree/Skrull military and hero figures.

But what about the Shi'ar, Hasbro? And the Mephisitoids? And the Uncreated? And the Troyjan?

Yeah, I was expecting to see the updated Brood by now. A new species never seen yet would be the Badoon. Great troop building potential there.

And yeah, the Shi'ar are overdue. Deathbird, Deathcry.... It stuns me that they did Lilandra's head, but nothing else. That was back like 3 years ago now? Imagine, ol' girl been without a body that long. 

• 1 month later...
On 10/25/2022 at 11:23 PM, Atlantis said:

This Ms. Marvel was one of the options in the semi-rigged "Fan's Choice Poll" years ago, which was won by Deadpool and Black Widow, resulting in the, being made in those Toys R Us exclusive 2-packs. There were a lot of cool options shown, which have never been announced as potential releases after the poll, unfortunately. I do think they will get to this one, though- it's such a classic costume. They'll probably just do it on a different body than this prototype. 

On 12/12/2022 at 11:33 AM, JohnF said:

39$ is a lot of money... This is getting out of hand. 

Yeah... it's a bit much, unless he comes with a bunch of additional parts that aren't shown. That's the same price as retro-carded Apocalypse, who came with an alternate head, alternate set of hands, plus a cannon hand with blast effects- besides just being an overall BIG figure. If Ronan just comes with his hammer, that's pushing it. I'll still pre-order it, but it's just barely within the range of what I'd pay. 

On 12/12/2022 at 5:45 PM, Silvermaen said:

As a devout Paypal user, I disapprove of the Amazon exclusives.  No Paypal, no purchase.  Hopefully I'll see this when it transfers the rest of the inventory to BBTS or EE

really? that seems like a really petty reason not to buy this. Amazon Pay is like one of the better option beside Paypal to purchase with. 

On 12/12/2022 at 11:45 AM, Silvermaen said:

As a devout Paypal user, I disapprove of the Amazon exclusives.  No Paypal, no purchase.  Hopefully I'll see this when it transfers the rest of the inventory to BBTS or EE

Just use your PayPal debit card then, that's what I use for anything that doesn't take PayPal directly. I use my PayPal debit card for basically everything. It still pulls the funds from my standard checking account at my credit union a day or two later because that's what I have it set up to do. I like using it this way because I automatically and immediately get emailed a receipt for every transaction that I balance every couple of days - there's no losing track of transactions just because they take a few days to show up in online banking.

I'm excited for this figure. I agree that it seems expensive but this seem to be the new price point for this level of deluxe figure (similar size to Red Hulk, King Thanos, Ulik, etc). I'll be happy to retire the old Ronan BAF.

Awesome news! Looks great, there was never a better costume for him than the Kirby original. Now if I can just convince Hasbro to make Volstagg on the new Blob buck, and The Executioner on this Modern Colossus buck or the Titus buck, and deliver them to us sometime in 2023, it would be a wonderful Christmas present. I'm sure they have that in mind already but just putting it out there for a 2023 release date!

On 12/12/2022 at 9:54 AM, tarot said:

really? that seems like a really petty reason not to buy this. Amazon Pay is like one of the better option beside Paypal to purchase with. 

I also prefer outfits like BBTS that don't take the money before the prepaid is available.   I can honestly go the gift card route to use Paypal, but again, it means I'm paying for something and they can use my money until they decide to release the item.

On 12/12/2022 at 7:02 PM, Silvermaen said:

I also prefer outfits like BBTS that don't take the money before the prepaid is available.   I can honestly go the gift card route to use Paypal, but again, it means I'm paying for something and they can use my money until they decide to release the item.

Amazon doesn't take money until they ship.