Marvel Legends Comic Based Ronan the Accuser Revealed!?!

JayC

On 12/12/2022 at 1:24 PM, leokearon said:

Looks really good but it will depend on how big he is and if he comes with mire than his Universal Weapon before I make a decision 

That's where I'm at. It was pointed out he was done on the Colossus buck, which they are suddenly finding all sorts of use for, but what that means is, much like the current Sasquatch, it will actually be smaller than the previous version, which was actually a BAF. It looks great but if that's the case that's another unforgivable from Hasbro, and it wouldn't surprise me a bit, actually.

As is being discussed in other comments, I suppose I can pre-order on Amazon and if the early reviews show it to be another Hasbro fumble I can cancel before it ships.

On 12/12/2022 at 1:02 PM, Silvermaen said:

I also prefer outfits like BBTS that don't take the money before the prepaid is available.   I can honestly go the gift card route to use Paypal, but again, it means I'm paying for something and they can use my money until they decide to release the item.

The only one place that I've learned to never use my debit card with is Target for pre-orders. They will do a new "placeholder" charge every week for every pre-order that you have. It's really annoying. I use credit card only with them for that reason. Especially since many of their pre-orders (like for the GI Joe Classified exclusives) have been hanging around for more than a year. I don't think anyone else that I do business with charges until they ship, at least for pre-orders specifically. They may charge for in-stock items before they're actually shipped.

For being 50% re-use on a figure we used to get for regular figure price (Colossus, Death’s Head) this figure’s price is offensive. I might understand if it were retro carded, or jacked up to Beast prices at $33—but $5 over THAT? Only comes with an extra set of hands and is the same cost as a BAF Apocalypse (retro carded)? This isn’t a character that warrants premium prices. It will NOT be selling out. I’m waiting for a discount. 

On 12/12/2022 at 8:08 AM, JayC said:

Hasbro has officially revealed their new Marvel Legends Ronan the Accuser which will be available to pre-order for $38.99 starting tomorrow, December 13th at 10am PT / 1pm ET exclusively on Amazon.

Ronin-01.jpg

I was excited about this figure, and I know I've been critical of these guys so I thought I'd be able to praise them here. But is this quoted price a mistake? What am I missing here, that makes this worth $40.00? Is it Surtur's height? Does the warhammer cosmi-rod light up? 

We've been getting a lot of Marvel Cosmic characters over the last couple of years. And I know we have that Walmart exclusive comic Star Lord coming soon. I believe in his 1st appearance outfit. But I really hope we get a rerelease of those comic Guardians Of The Galaxy figures we got in that EE Exclusive box set. I sold mine in the great Marvel Legends Purge of 2019. I've been on the lookout to pick one up and add it back to the collection ever since. And although I don't like the price I will be picking this one up. 

On 12/12/2022 at 6:08 PM, Mjolnir_Customs said:

"... Only comes with an extra set of hands and is the same cost as a BAF Apocalypse (retro carded)? This isn’t a character that warrants premium prices. It will NOT be selling out. I’m waiting for a discount..."

Ulik originally retailed at $36.00.  Currently marked down to $27.00 or so. Great figure, 2 heads, 2 sets of hands/fists, and its weapon. I don't think Ronan is that big of a figure. Even so....$40.00 is just uncalled for. Come see me when the price comes down, I'll consider it. 

On 12/12/2022 at 7:51 PM, The Mad Bubbler said:

Yeah... it's a bit much, unless he comes with a bunch of additional parts that aren't shown. That's the same price as retro-carded Apocalypse, who came with an alternate head, alternate set of hands, plus a cannon hand with blast effects- besides just being an overall BIG figure. If Ronan just comes with his hammer, that's pushing it. I'll still pre-order it, but it's just barely within the range of what I'd pay. 

If it gets a similar treatment to Apocalypse then it's a little more justified. If not, it's definitely too much. 

On 12/13/2022 at 12:14 PM, MODADDYDODOK said:

12 pm central

got a link I can't seem to find it ?

NVM found the link, sources say this doesn't actually go live until 1 PM

link is deadzo right now

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0B3FZ5R9M?tag=comicbookcom-20

Hasbro Marvel Legends Ronan the Accuser is now available to pre-order for $38.99 exclusively on Amazon.

RONAN BRINGS KREE JUSTICE TO MARVEL LEGENDS: As Supreme Public Accuser, Ronan enforces Kree justice with his cosmi-rod, the Universal Weapon, which often brings him into conflict with the space-faring races of the Marvel Universe

COMICS-INSPIRED: This Ronan the Accuser action figure is inspired by the character’s appearances in Fantastic Four, Avengers and other Marvel comics and makes a great addition to any collection of Marvel Legends action figures

COMIC-INSPIRED ACCESSORIES: This collectible Hasbro Marvel Legends action figure comes with 1 accessory, the cosmi-rod wielded by Supreme Public Accuser, the Universal Weapon

PREMIUM DESIGN AND ARTICULATION: Marvel fans and collectors can display these fully articulated 6-inch action figures featuring poseable head, arms, and legs, as well as premium deco, in their collection

BUILD A MULTIVERSE OF COLLECTIBLES: Look for more entertainment-inspired collectible Marvel action figures to build your own Marvel Multiverse of 6 inch action figures (Each sold separately. Subject to availability)

Sorry guys had a little computer trouble!  

71dXVHMoGDL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

71JWn5D5FXL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

71v08bMYKlL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

81cMQBxTH4L._AC_SL1500_.jpg

91iMGQpHSqL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

712zF6OLW3L._AC_SL1500_.jpg

6120eqjN0xL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Must....resist..urge.to........order. Too..much...for this figure.....but...on....Must..Haves..list.  Cannot....give...in..but...if...history..is...an indicator......I...will...fail.....And....I ordered it.

It'll probably be like Modok and end up selling for 30 bucks within weeks of release. But it is so hard to tell. I swear when I really want something, it peg warms. When I'm on the fence it sells out and goes up in value. 

And btw, May 2023 pre-order. So what does that mean 2-3 weeks? I am actually getting a little sick of these pre-order dates being so far out. I have gotten whacked this last 3 months with 3 waves and several 5 and 3 packs as well as exclusives. Many of them said next year and we already got them, hell Gorr was supposed to be Dec 2023! I, of course, love getting my figures early. But I was counting on a few months of recoup time before some of these big ticket waves and sets got charged to my account.

I don't think the pricing is exorbitant here. $39 is the new deluxe price, and Ronan seems to fit the bill. Colossus was already a big figure and they added a new torso, head and hammer to him, he's a bit too big now to be just a standard release. I could have totally seen them doing him as a BAF at some point instead.

On 12/13/2022 at 12:44 PM, Air-Walker said:

As I've said, everyone has their price, and mine was Ronan the freaking Accuser! Yes, I'd have preferred more accuracy to his Kirby/ Byrne look, and his Universal Weapon is a little too Anime sized, but bahh...He's close enough! He'll be a crown jewel in my collection!

Right there with you! I have wanted this one for so long, so the increase wasn't enough to turn me away. Too important a piece for my collection to pass up.