Marvel Studios’ Special Presentation: The Guardians of the Galaxy Holiday Special Trailer

JayC

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Synopsis and new promotional images...

On a mission to make Christmas unforgettable for Quill, the Guardians head to Earth in search of the perfect present.

U.S. Premiere: November 25, 2022

Cast: Chris Pratt, Dave Bautista, Karen Gillan, Pom Klementieff, featuring Vin Diesel as Groot and Bradley Cooper as Rocket, Sean Gunn, The Old 97’s with Michael Rooker and Kevin Bacon

• Written & Directed by: James Gunn
  • Executive Producers: Kevin Feige, Louis D’Esposito, Victoria Alonso, Brad Winderbaum, James Gunn, Sara Smith, Simon Hatt
  • Co-Producers: David J. Grant, Lars P. Winther
  • Production Company: Marvel Studios

gotg-hs_digital_teaser_keyart.jpg

pop-00713_r2_1bc2b8d3.jpg

pop-01087_r3_comp_7f47ab15.jpg

pop-01113_r2_8b8c79a8.jpg

pop-03567_r_1b64389d.jpg

ptb1210_comp_fra_v0036_d301f36c.jpg

Title_Treatment.jpg

On 11/28/2022 at 10:37 PM, Satam said:

My condolences on not liking fun.

Yeah no I wasn't digging the fun, it was just stupid, too many songs, dumb humour, characters acting gorky, it all felt unnecessary and corny, I cringed at it all, sorry yeah No Fun Club member card carrier I guess.

On 11/29/2022 at 2:26 PM, Lord_Scareglow said:

Yeah no I wasn't digging the fun, it was just stupid, too many songs, dumb humour, characters acting gorky, it all felt unnecessary and corny, I cringed at it all, sorry yeah No Fun Club member card carrier I guess.

Havent yet seen it but I suspected it might be like this. Almost watched it but Andor took me in and that is some killer writing/acting on that show. Tough act to follow for any, but it sounds like Guardians cant even try. Who knows.....

On 11/30/2022 at 12:01 AM, Atlantis said:

Havent yet seen it but I suspected it might be like this. Almost watched it but Andor took me in and that is some killer writing/acting on that show. Tough act to follow for any, but it sounds like Guardians cant even try. Who knows.....

It's James Gunn leaning all the way into silliness but keeping it (almost) family friendly and generally pretty sweet. This will be enjoyed by some and not at all by others. Just the way it goes.

On 11/29/2022 at 8:01 PM, Atlantis said:

Well I watched it. Not as bad as I feared! I generally do not go for these shows with songs, but Bacon actually has a very good voice. And while Pom's Mantis will never be MY Mantis, she did a very nice job as a counter/companion to the absurdity of Drax. I was prepared to write this one off and not bother watching it at all, so it was a nice surprise.