Marvel Legends Galactus Video Review And Images

Outsiders

Wow, that is amazing. Just got notification that mine came in today. Can't wait. Just look at the complexity and detail on that thing. Like we needed any more proof of how much the Hasbro ML team was gaslighting us about how the current Haslab is just as complicated as this one. Oh, and this one has some $2.00 LED lighting effects as well. The ONLY thing that bothers me about this is that stupid, ridiculous, repeated use of the Sunfire buck for Silver Surfer (and Firelord). All those Heralds lined up looks so cool accept for those two glaring inaccuracies. And it would have been sooooo easy to have done them correctly. It's so lazy that this buck seems to be the catch-all for any figure they think needs butterfly joints. Hasbro needs to do a Reaper sized buck with butterflies ASAP to avoid them screwing up further much anticipated figures. How crazy is it that characters with less exposure, like Morg and Terrax, have bucks that are pretty much specific to them, yet iconic and long standing characters like SS get the shaft. The worst part is that neither of those characters actually needed butterflies. Just the other day I was easily able to get my US Agent figure in a fairly serviceable "surfing" pose and a pose capable of holding a staff. If anything, maybe the head articulation was a bit limited in doing an accurate flying pose, but as I recall, the Sunfire buck isn't all that good for that either. It's all in whether the head sculpt was made to bend that far back or not.

Yeh I got my set a couple days ago and am enjoying Galactus quite a bit. Morg isn’t as big as I thought he’d be but still a cool figure. Nova is *ok*. Her face doesn’t look that good..on mine, at least. Maybe I need brighter lights.
And SURFER being one of my top 3 favorite characters, it annoys me big time that he is using this buck again. I gotta keep him in the air and away from other figures just so his size won’t bug me. Just too stinkin small, man… grrr! I do like his head sculpt though.

I’ve yet to open mine, planning on busting him open this weekend. Can’t wait. Though, I’m thinking he won’t fit in my display cabinets ( from IKEA, forgetting the name).. will have to test poses and see.

yeah now THIS feels like worthy HASLAB. The current one has been actively going backwards for weeks as it never felt worth the price for the product we would have gotten. Bummer, $100-$150 less and I would have been Day one supporter.

I started a conversation about this over at a photo-of the-day featuring Galactus, but like I was saying there, opening this figure up brought me right back to assembling my very first BAF, Galactus from the ToyBiz era. It is truly awesome in person. I did not back the Sentinel the year before, so I was especially shocked by the size, articulation and detail of this Haslab. They can show you pictures of it and tell you how tall it's going to be, but that just does not prepare you. This is the last Galactus figure I will ever need. Even the very nice Marvel Universe Galactus from years ago is dwarfed by this thing! And I can't believe how tiny my TB Sentinels, Apocalypse and Giant Man are standing next to this massive Marvel accomplishment! More like standing in his shadow, lol!