Hasbro 10/27 Live-Stream Reveals

JayC

Hasbro today held a live-stream event called "1027" for their Premium members. Here is a breakdown for what was revealed for their Marvel Legends line.

Marvel 3.75" Retro Luke Cage Power Man, Jessica Drew Spider-Woman, and Doom again.

Johnny Blaze Ghost Rider and bike which will go up for pre-order today at 8pm ET.

1027-05.jpg

1027-06 2.jpg

1027-06.jpg

1027-07 2.jpg

1027-07 3.jpg

1027-07 4.jpg

1027-07.jpg

1027-08.jpg

1027-09 2.jpg

1027-09 3.jpg

1027-09.jpg

1027-10 2.jpg

1027-10 3.jpg

1027-10 4.jpg

1027-10.jpg

I do really badly want all four of those HasLab figures (Robbie Ghost Rider, Mephisto, Goblin Queen and Hellstorm) and I'd gladly pay some level of premium rates for them, but I just don't value that car itself at anything over $100, I just don't care about it enough. There's just no way for me to rationalize getting to $350 + shipping for this offering. I'd probably pay up to $150 for the 4 figures alone, but am absolutely not willing to pay anything over $100 additional for the Hellcharger. It really doesn't matter because at this point it doesn't appear that this will come close to funding at even the base level anyway unless something dramatic happens over the next 4 days. If they're adamant that they won't make these any other way then I'm happy that I already have the Select Mephisto and a couple of decent Goblin Queen customs, and I'll just need to do my own customs for Robbie and Hellstorm.

I love the Yelena and Von Strucker, although I'm shocked that there's no alternate head for Yelena without goggles and with the shorter classic hair. Not as crazy about Wonder Man although I know that a lot of people have wanted that version for a long time - and again no alternate head? I could see both the Yelena and Wonder Man bodies being popular with customizers also - especially Yelena. No interest in the animated Spidey stuff or the retro 3.75" stuff, other than maybe the Ghost Rider (ironically).

Looks like the blacked out the BaF on the side of the Wonder Man packaging. Very excited about that figure though. Strucker as well. 

Showing Wonder Man which will be part of the next Avengers wave. Also showed Von Strucker and Yolena.

Showing the VHS Pulse Exclusive Spider-Man The Animated Series Carnage. Uses the Spider-Man 2099 body. Also the Black Costume Spider-Man with pin-less body and lots of hands. These are being released as a 2-pack that goes up for pre-order today on Hasbro Pulse at 8pm ET.

1027-13 2.jpg

1027-13 3.jpg

1027-13 4.jpg

1027-13 5.jpg

1027-13 6.jpg

1027-13 7.jpg

1027-13 8.jpg

1027-13 9.jpg

1027-13 10.jpg

1027-13 11.jpg

1027-13 12.jpg

1027-13 13.jpg

1027-13 14.jpg

1027-13 15.jpg

1027-13 16.jpg

1027-13 17.jpg

1027-13 18.jpg

1027-13.jpg

1027-14 2.jpg

1027-14 3.jpg

1027-14 4.jpg

1027-14 5.jpg

1027-14 6.jpg

1027-14 7.jpg

1027-14 8.jpg

1027-14 9.jpg

1027-14 10.jpg

1027-14 11.jpg

1027-14 12.jpg

1027-14 13.jpg

1027-14.jpg

With Wonder Man, Yelana and Strucker that's 5 of the 7 figure rumored for the Avengers wave with Iron Man and Cap being left to be revealed (possibly on Saturday during MCM London). This wave is looking like it could top the Controller wave. 

That hint with Strucker about the green colors is probably for the BAF OR more then likely the Super-Adaptoid that was leaked.

No interest In Spider-man VHS stuff and knew that Hellstrom would be the last one. At least they didn't make his classic version.

Aw man, that Animated Symbiote Spidey is on the Renew Your Vows Spidey body, now i've gotta add my Retro Symbiote Spidey to the big lot of Legends I'm gonna sell soon.

EDIT: wait..... it looks like despite otherwise using the Renew Your Vows Spidey body, with the pinless elbows and knees, the toe hinge, etc., it's reverted back to the wimpy lil too-small shoulders of the previous Retro Spidey/Sunfire bodies????????  Ok I may be able to skip in that case

EDIT 2: ok actually I just realized the shoulder shape is wrong for it to be the old wimpy shoulders, so I think it is actually the bigger shoulders of the Renew Your Vows Spidey body, and just the arms being turned inward made the bicep bulge make the shoulder look smaller.  May have to get him....

I'm there for Strucker and Wonder Man. Maybe Yolena. I'd also buy a 3 pack of the tier figures for the Hellcharger, but I guess that's not in the cards. I do think the car is cool and I might get it if it were half that price, though I understand that wouldn't work for Hasbro with this limited release model. Too bad.

Given that Mephisto is rumored to be in an upcoming Marvel project, maybe played by Sacha Baron Cohen, I find it unlikely we won't get some version of the character. Probably not the comic accurate loin cloth look, though. Not to mention the character has been rumored before and not appeared yet. We'll see.

Hasbro continues to suck at “cell shading”. Thankfully I only pick and choose X and Spidey characters so these VHS figures won’t be a thing I do. Unless Hasbro decides to commemorate Avengers: United We Stand Show. And NOBODY wants that.

All very recently Hasbro has given me MAJOR boxes checked off my Avengers list AND in my preferred looks.

Hercules. Sentry. Wonderman. Tigra. Vision. Scarlet witch. US Agent. Here’s hoping the other rumored figures continue this trend

Ooooh, another two figures on the Sunfire buck. Someone give me a shot of adrenaline, I'm about to pass out from the monotony.

Strucker looks good, at least. Glad they're finally making good use of the Spider UK buck. About 3 years to late, but.......Hasbro, y'know.

Don't tell me Yelena's goggles are actually sculpted to her head. They are? Well, I'm sure they'll include an unmasked head sculpt. They didn't? Well, I guess we expected too much from you, Hasbro.

Had so much expectation for Wonder Man, but that thing is cheesy and sloppy looking. I wonder (pun intended), and I'm sure I know the answer, did they even try to stay consistent with the size of the previous figure? First appearances are suggesting otherwise, and if I was a betting man, and I am, I'd say there's more than a 50% chance that the torso is some derivative of that blasted Sunfire buck.

Oh well, we were told not to expect too much today, so I didn't, and it wasn't, so the disappointment was to be expected. Typical Hasbro. Zero expectation. Minimal damage. Just the right amount of boredom to help me to sleep tonight. Can't believe I washed my hair for this.

First thing I gotta say is, Why can't we get a Power Man like that in Legends? ugh, next Hellstorm??? okay so strange to see him as a tier for Engine of Vengeance, but I guess the theme isn't Ghost Rider it's just demonic characters you are not allowed to get unless you back this Haslab, sure In the reality of this I'd buy all of the Figures, I'd back em all as a Haslab, but the thing I don't care about in this Haslab is the Car!, I doubt Hellstorm is going to kick up some fervor for people to back this Haslab with so few days left, I'd be winded if it did get funded, ah it was fun to see these "nope can't have em" figures oh well.

Woooo though that Avengers-ish wave is looking mighty nice right now, I wonder what the BAF is going to be, really stoked on Baorn Strucker and Yelena (wish she had an unmasked head though), Wonder Man is not my cup of tea, never liked that look for him, but I know people really have been asking for that. VHS Spider-Man...nopers, don't do these animated figures they are just another thing to worry about so I won't plus cell-shading nah, they look fine enough though, I'm sure plenty people are stoked on em.

On 10/27/2022 at 8:05 PM, monron999 said:

Ooooh, another two figures on the Sunfire buck. Someone give me a shot of adrenaline, I'm about to pass out from the monotony.

Strucker looks good, at least. Glad they're finally making good use of the Spider UK buck. About 3 years to late, but.......Hasbro, y'know.

Don't tell me Yelena's goggles are actually sculpted to her head. They are? Well, I'm sure they'll include an unmasked head sculpt. They didn't? Well, I guess we expected too much from you, Hasbro.

Had so much expectation for Wonder Man, but that thing is cheesy and sloppy looking. I wonder (pun intended), and I'm sure I know the answer, did they even try to stay consistent with the size of the previous figure? First appearances are suggesting otherwise, and if I was a betting man, and I am, I'd say there's more than a 50% chance that the torso is some derivative of that blasted Sunfire buck.

Oh well, we were told not to expect too much today, so I didn't, and it wasn't, so the disappointment was to be expected. Typical Hasbro. Zero expectation. Minimal damage. Just the right amount of boredom to help me to sleep tonight. Can't believe I washed my hair for this.

This new Wonder Man is on a version of the body introduced with Red Skull and Dormammu in the Xemnu wave, so unless the new torso substantially adds or removes height (which I'm doubting), this new Wonder Man should be pretty much the same height as the last version which was on the Grim Reaper body.  I just stood Red Skull next to Red Guardian to check and both bodies are pretty much the same height.

On 10/29/2022 at 5:04 AM, Jeddostotle7 said:

This new Wonder Man is on a version of the body introduced with Red Skull and Dormammu in the Xemnu wave, so unless the new torso substantially adds or removes height (which I'm doubting), this new Wonder Man should be pretty much the same height as the last version which was on the Grim Reaper body.  I just stood Red Skull next to Red Guardian to check and both bodies are pretty much the same height.

I hope you're right my friend. That alone, if correct, would impress me to great lengths if Hasbro suddenly found an appreciation for those kinds of small details. Now, if they can stop using that damn Sunfire buck for characters that are 6'2" and above we can start to be friends again.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/27/2022 at 6:35 PM, MODADDYDODOK said:

You mean you don’t like the zipper?And that it isn’t even zipped up at the bottom? 😆

I very much like the zipper, and I very much like the opaque glasses. The hairstyle is great too, even if the grin is a little much. 

The thing that bothers me, and I couldn't quite put my finger on it at first, was the buck they chose.

That's the Red Skull mold. Outside of the head, the skull is a a guy wearing a baggy jump suit and boots. That's fine by me because its what he's worn the most in the past 80 years.

However, why would you put a powerhouse like Wonder Man on that buck? That's not the mold a customizer would use if they were doing Wonder Man; I could see using something like the Punisher or Kraven. The skull body isn't wrong, its just not saying "power house" to me.

I'm thinking now, they were looking at the outfit as "civilian" gear and wanted something close to that, so they put the jacket with the baggy pants and kept the "civilian" arms/sleeves. Probably saved them some time and money from making a new buck. 

On 11/10/2022 at 7:17 AM, MODADDYDODOK said:

@Atlantis I think the head looks great but the zipper undone at the bottom just looks dumb imo. They chose that body because they were going through the catalogue of existing parts and that was the closest thing they had available so they went with it. Classic MacGruber.

LOL. Who'd have thought the zipper would be such a point contention. Agreed, it looks.......strange, but it is clearly a necessary evil in regard to the articulation of the legs. Had they attached it I promise there would be a whole other group complaining about the limited movement and had they made the bottom of the jacket wider to accommodate for the movement people would be complaining that it looked like a dress. I guess in the end the opted for function over fashion. Looks goofy, but I'll take it. It's that creepy smile that's giving me the ills. And what the hell is up with those weird ayass elbow joints? Weren't the Gambit jacket joints just fine?

On 11/10/2022 at 8:22 AM, monron999 said:

LOL. Who'd have thought the zipper would be such a point contention. Agreed, it looks.......strange, but it is clearly a necessary evil in regard to the articulation of the legs. Had they attached it I promise there would be a whole other group complaining about the limited movement and had they made the bottom of the jacket wider to accommodate for the movement people would be complaining that it looked like a dress. I guess in the end the opted for function over fashion. Looks goofy, but I'll take it. It's that creepy smile that's giving me the ills. And what the hell is up with those weird ayass elbow joints? Weren't the Gambit jacket joints just fine?

Looking at all the classic comic images, his jacket didn’t have a zipper and was still opened up at the bottom, so from that I don’t see why they needed to include a zipper in the first place unless they were just going off that one drawing you can find where he is posing with Beast. If it really bugs me enough, I’m just gonna shave it off and hope it looks good lol. As for the legs, I’m very interested in finding a set to swap out with the Red Skull pants without taking away his height. As for the arms, yea I guess that was their only option if they wanted to add those gold/yellow wrist cuffs. I dunno.. for as much and as long as I’ve wanted safari jacket Wonder Man, I’m just not all that impressed with the results.

On 11/10/2022 at 5:47 AM, MODADDYDODOK said:

"Looking at all the classic comic images, his jacket didn’t have a zipper and was still opened up at the bottom, so from that I don’t see why they needed to include a zipper in the first place unless they were just going off that one drawing you can find where he is posing with Beast...."

The first drawings of the jacket had a zipper but it was an "O" ring type, and frankly was depicted less and less, hit and miss, so if they were going for the zipper they still missed it. I can see why some people dont care for it. The bottom of the jacket was almost always shown with it opened. I maintain that they should have just made an all new mold, or used the Punisher buck; add on some bigger "civilain" arms/sleeves to go with the jacket, and you're done.

wm2.jpg