2022 MCM London Hasbro Marvel Legends Booth Images

JayC

Looks really good. I'm hoping Ultimate Cap is the one without the baf piece, so I don't have to.get him. A Cap OR and Iron man, not both. Like with Spidey waves Miles or Ben count as Spider-Men too. Don't need both or all three in some cases. That being said, I like the wave. Hope the baf is as awesome!

Hasbro's Dan Yun today released this new in-hand image of their upcoming Marvel Legends Wonder Man figure.

As we reported before, this figure should be part of the upcoming comic based Avengers wave that will also include Extremis Iron Man, Classic Orb, Molecule Man, Ultimate Captain America, Yelana Belova Black Widow and Baron Von Strucker. We still don't know what the Build-A-Figure for this wave will be. The wave is supposed to go up for pre-order sometime this month.

Wonder-Man__scaled_600.jpg

That Wonderman looks weird to me, it looks like it has some Ball jointed arms, that's new? and that's kinda ugly, also that weird off putting smile, anyways not like it dissapoints me since I don't like this outfit to begin with for Simon, but this looks less of a figure I feel like the people will want, all of those who really were asking for this, which was a ton of you.

let's see that BAF already!

On 11/7/2022 at 8:07 AM, Lord_Scareglow said:

That Wonderman looks weird to me, it looks like it has some Ball jointed arms, that's new? and that's kinda ugly, also that weird off putting smile, anyways not like it dissapoints me since I don't like this outfit to begin with for Simon, but this looks less of a figure I feel like the people will want, all of those who really were asking for this, which was a ton of you.

I don't hate it, but as I've said it just looks "off" to me....not everything it could be. I think that's because this looks like the Red Skull figure, with a jacket over it, and of course the Wonder Man head swapped in. Why they used that body for Wonder Man? Surely not the base buck that comes to mind if you're crafting a powerhouse like him onto 6" superhero figures. I suspect they're looking at the jacket as "civilian" wear and tried to match something that would go along with it? 

I think the jacket came out well. Arms and especially legs are concerning to me.

On 11/7/2022 at 1:32 PM, Air-Walker said:

Man, I really don't like that face sculpt; kind of looks like a geeky cosplayer, lol. Yes, the arms do look strange too, but for me it's that grin. Ah well, again, if Ronan is the BAF, then I figure out a decent head swap. If the BAF isn't Ronan, pass or bargain bin. 

I really thought the Vulcan head sculpt would be a good place to start for a custom Wonderman. Even has the red eyes already, and the hair is kinda how he wore it in his solo series

On 11/7/2022 at 12:32 PM, Air-Walker said:

Man, I really don't like that face sculpt; kind of looks like a geeky cosplayer, lol. Yes, the arms do look strange too, but for me it's that grin. Ah well, again, if Ronan is the BAF, then I figure out a decent head swap. If the BAF isn't Ronan, pass or bargain bin. 

As much as I like that they are going back and redoing some of those older BAF's I really don't think they'll actually redo them in BAF form. It makes more sense that they get top dollar from them by understanding how long we've been demanding them and then charging top dollar for them. Honestly, I would hope that they tackle something that hasn't been done yet, maybe like Awesome Android or maybe Lockjaw. Maybe with the momentum behind Black Panther 2 and Namor they could do Orka. Though knowing Hasbro they'd only screw it up. Memo to Hasbro, Orka is officially listed at 11 foot tall. In a 1:12 scale that you set up that would make him a minimum of 11 inches tall. It all works out if you follow the formula for the rules you set forth. On the positive side for you, he isn't quite as thick and wide as Hulk so you might save some plastic there.

That right, with the exception of mcu figures like hulk and thanos and if yoi dont include the tb ones, hasbro has never done a figure that was a baf before as a baf again. All of them have bee either remade like the blob, rereleased like terrax and arnim zola or been given a completely new costume like the ronan figure.

Also while I'm at it Ronan is NOT the bAF for this wave. the image that was leaked was the back of the package. BAFs have been regulated to the side. That make Ronan his own figure.

On 11/7/2022 at 4:33 PM, tarot said:

there is a pre-order tomorrow and according to JayC, it will be the Avengers with Puff Adder as the baf (instant buy from me)

https://twitter.com/DanYunIsTrying/status/1589743235035189249?s=20&t=5mebKAZXdLnPnYv1JBJ7MA

Puff Adder, huh? That's strange, though I'm glad they're doing some more Serpent Society. I just don't remember PA being all that large, unless they plan on doing him in his puffed up form, which I guess is the only thing that makes sense. Even so, I just don't recall him being that big and I thought his major power was acid that he spit. I dunno, maybe, I guess I've seen him somewhere around the size where maybe the Caliban mold should work. It would be good to see that mold again as it was done very well for as simple as it was. I'll get it. At least it's another new figure.

On 11/7/2022 at 4:33 PM, tarot said:

there is a pre-order tomorrow and according to JayC, it will be the Avengers with Puff Adder as the baf (instant buy from me)

https://twitter.com/DanYunIsTrying/status/1589743235035189249?s=20&t=5mebKAZXdLnPnYv1JBJ7MA

Puff Adder ... easy repaint of Caliban mold with new head and hands, but yeah, I will buy it LOL

On 11/7/2022 at 1:50 PM, McHogan said:

I really thought the Vulcan head sculpt would be a good place to start for a custom Wonderman. Even has the red eyes already, and the hair is kinda how he wore it in his solo series

Ahhh, fantastic idea! Thanks bro, that is precisely the head portrait I'll use now!

On 11/7/2022 at 3:40 PM, monron999 said:

As much as I like that they are going back and redoing some of those older BAF's I really don't think they'll actually redo them in BAF form. It makes more sense that they get top dollar from them by understanding how long we've been demanding them and then charging top dollar for them. Honestly, I would hope that they tackle something that hasn't been done yet, maybe like Awesome Android or maybe Lockjaw. Maybe with the momentum behind Black Panther 2 and Namor they could do Orka. Though knowing Hasbro they'd only screw it up. Memo to Hasbro, Orka is officially listed at 11 foot tall. In a 1:12 scale that you set up that would make him a minimum of 11 inches tall. It all works out if you follow the formula for the rules you set forth. On the positive side for you, he isn't quite as thick and wide as Hulk so you might save some plastic there.

Actually, I'd much prefer Ronan as a regular or deluxe release, since I'm largely done with the BAF gimmick. My assuming first that he was a BAF was just my way of numbing myself against disappointment, lol.

Puff Adder! If true this is great news. About time we get more Serpent Society. ( literally anyone from this team would have been more appreciative to me than the upcoming Orb. F that guy.) Soooo many from the SS could be an easy repaint. 

From what I remember and a quick Google search, the Caliban buck would indeed be appropriate.  

Once confirmed,  I guess I'll need to track down an Eel figure. Besides the Constrictor which is on out dated articulation, the Eel is the only figure I'll need to catch up. Had this guy twice but sold him off both times. 

On 11/7/2022 at 11:32 PM, Atlantis said:

I predict the BAF will indeed be Ronan. That's right, there will be a Ronan figure AND a Ronan BAF. Unheard of, right? Well I know the tricks hasbo likes to pull. Its genius really.

Its like two,

two,

TWO MINTS IN ONE.

Lol. I see you working. Its like a reverse, reverse, reverse, inverse universal psychology thing. Put it out there in the universe and maybe it hears you. Put my vote on Ronan too. Lol.