2022 MCM London Hasbro Marvel Legends Booth Images

JayC

Hasbro's new Marvel Legends Avengers comic book based wave which should include Extremis Iron Man, Classic Orb, Molecule Man, Ultimate Captain America, Yelana Belova Black Widow, Wonder Man and Baron Von Strucker is slated to go up for pre-order everywhere later todat (11/8) at 1pm ET including places like our sponsors BigBadToyStore.com and Entertainment Earth. While Hasbro has not confirmed the Build-A-Figure for the wave, it would look to be based on the character Puff Adder from the Serpent Society. Look for official images to be released soon.

Avengers-Wave-01__scaled_600.jpg

The one thing I'm bothered by is Molecule Man not having his wand, and having those lame effects instead. I'll just use that stick that MCU Mordo came with, but they could just have done that too. While I'm talkin effects, in general, we need more beam effects like what Cyclops came with. Still want one more Dazzler with her finger aimed like a gun with a beam coming out of it.

On 11/8/2022 at 2:35 PM, since83 said:

The one thing I'm bothered by is Molecule Man not having his wand, and having those lame effects instead. I'll just use that stick that MCU Mordo came with, but they could just have done that too. While I'm talkin effects, in general, we need more beam effects like what Cyclops came with. Still want one more Dazzler with her finger aimed like a gun with a beam coming out of it.

Their excuse is that it is based off his Secret Wars appearance when he no longer had the wand. Of course he didn't have fireballs either.

Puff Adder as the BAF? I sure hope so, that sounds like awesome news, I'm always hoping for another member of the Serpent Society, I hope this is true! I already really want the majority of this wave Strucker, Orb, Yelena, Molecule Man, and if it's Puff then I'm going to have to just order all the figures that come with BAF pieces.

so are they going to show us the BAF today? they say pre-orders at 1PM?

Haven't seen anything by JayC saying they will be showing us the BAF today. But I'm sure when the pre-orders go up on retail sites, they will be in the pictures. This is actually a long-standing villain group they have left dangling in front of us for many years. I welcome more 'snakes', especially if they give us ones like Bushmaster, Rattler, and a few females like Asp and Black Mamba. I can't wait for the day I can surround Captain America with the Serpent Society.

On 11/8/2022 at 6:54 AM, leokearon said:

Their excuse is that it is based off his Secret Wars appearance when he no longer had the wand. Of course he didn't have fireballs either.

If that’s true then they should have made him look like he did in Secret Wars. This is not his costume there. His purple shoulder mantle should extend to his belt. And his hair is all wrong. Doing an image search I saw the modern comic he’s based on in which, to be fair, he didn’t use a wand either. I like that they made him but I prefer my custom who is shorter and pudgier and has the scars on his lips as well. But this guy will go with my FF villains so he’s still welcome. 

As we first reported to you, thanks to Amazon Canada we now how confirmation that Puff Adder will be the Build-A-Figure for Hasbro's new Marvel Legends Avengers comic book based wave which includes Extremis Iron Man, Classic Orb, Molecule Man, Ultimate Captain America, Yelana Belova Black Widow, Wonder Man and Baron Von Strucker. This wave is slated to officially go up for pre-order everywhere later today (11/8) at 1pm ET including places like our sponsors BigBadToyStore.com and Entertainment Earth.

We will update when more official images for the wave including a fill look at the BAF become available.

Avengers-Wave-01.jpg

Avengers-Wave-02.jpg

Avengers-Wave-03.jpg

Avengers-Wave-04.jpg

Avengers-Wave-05.jpg

Avengers-Wave-06.jpg

Avengers-Wave-07.jpg

Avengers-Wave-08.jpg

Avengers-Wave-09.jpg

Avengers-Wave-10.jpg

Well, if Puff Adder is indeed the BAF that's another Serpent Society member to check off the list. It's weird how we haven't seen any female representation as they are all more or less repaint heaven, right up Hasbro's pipeline. I think it was @since83that mentioned how easy and how little work a Diamondback would have been by now. Plus we need to get our Captain America figures some sugar. Black Mamba, Asp, Black Racer, Fer de Lance, Coachwhip, none of them require any new tooling. This is a veritable repaint frenzy. You could use the Shriek buck to your little heart's desire. Hell, I bet we wouldn't mind all that much if you threw a Kate Bishop buck, or two in there at this point. You can wear those molds out, guys. Perhaps you maybe might make a little room for the newly G-Rated(ish) Moonstone buck. Fingers crossed.

Also, with this sudden burst of energy by Hasbro to go back an "revisit" some of those older figures that used some of the old bucks from the Dark Days of ML, I'm hoping we can get an updated Constrictor. For it's time it was pretty good, but not only was that older Bullseye buck a bit dated, but Hasbro did something to it that made it more blocky and less detailed. It warrants a redo.

Here's the tough love part. Hasbro, if and when you plan on redoing the Constrictor figure, listen now, we know you just love, love, looooooove that Sunfire buck and pretty much throw it at any character that has two legs and a Y chromosome, but this time it actually applies accurately. Constrictor would be perfectly perfect for the Sunfire buck. He is in that 5'10"/5'11" range, and he's fairly fit cuz he has to whip around those errr.......constrictors (anyone who's done the ropes at the gym knows his struggle), so he's got some muscle tone. That's all the pertinent and correct info on a silver platter. I've done all the leg work for you. I know it's a crazy concept to take accuracy into account, but hey, it's about to be a new year. Let's forget about 3 Silver Surfers, the one and only Firelord we'll ever have and even though Sasquatch is still a sore spot we can power through the pain. Let's start the year off right and get ML back on track. Whaddayasay?

Now here's the great part. I'm officially offering you my research services for all and any future Marvel Legends projects. I know how busy you guys are and can't be bothered with all the effort it takes to research all the details of EVERY character you guys do, what with all the time you spend on Twitter insulting the fans, hiking prices, not doing alternate head sculpts when appropriate, feeding online personalities softball questions to ask you and all that jive. It's almost a full time job in itself, I understand. With that, I hereby propose that I will do all the research for you as far as how tall, how heavy and how fit any character should be before and even offer up my own humble suggestion for what might be the proper buck before you just feed any old mold into the machine and hit GO. I'm offering to do all the heavy lifting for you and I offer my service 100 percent FREE OF CHARGE. How's that for ya? Also, you can call me anytime, and I mean Anytime. Call me at work, call me at home, call me at the gym, call me at my daughter's dance recital, call me while I'm watching reruns of The Big Bang Theory or basically anything involving Kaley Cuoco, call me at the wee hours of the morning, call me at a funeral, I will answer, just reach out. I will whip out my handy phone/camera/computer/tracker/official ML research machine and get the info you need lickety-split, most of the time while you wait on the phone, depending on the strength of my service, of course. I know Google Search has served you well to this point, but let's be honest, sometimes they give you the wrong impression, right Omega Sentinel, Silver Surfer, Molten Man, Scorpion, Maestro, Hood and others? There are other resources out there that are pretty darn accurate and I have access to ALL of them. The interweb outside of Google is a virtual gold mine of information. I can do this and I will do this. That is my promise to you. How 'bout it?

On 11/8/2022 at 11:38 AM, monron999 said:

Well, if Puff Adder is indeed the BAF that's another Serpent Society member to check off the list.

There is no "if" at this point, you can see him on the side of the packaging of the figures Amazon leaked out early above.

Noice! Glad to see how Puff Adder’s paint turned out, it seems. Was worried they’d go too hard on the scheme like they did with King Cobra.

On 11/8/2022 at 10:38 AM, monron999 said:

Hell, I bet we wouldn't mind all that much if you threwa Kate Bishop buck, or two in there at this point

Thaaa hell we (I) wouldn’t!! 😄

I'm absolutely loving this wave! I'm most excited for Molecule Man, Orb and Puff Adder as they're previously unmade characters - but I'm also really fond of the Yelena and Von Strucker updates, although I do wish Yelena came with an alternate head as that seems like a terrible oversight. I'll probably still buy multiples of her. Extremis Iron Man looks great and I'll be happy to add it to my hall of armors. Although unlike others this isn't my favorite costume for Wonder Man, I do think that the figure looks great and will likely be a keeper for me anyway. The only figure that I'm not crazy about is the Ultimate Cap, which is ironic since the Toy Biz Series VIII Ultimate Cap variant has always been a favorite of mine. For that reason I really wish that it was Cap and not Iron Man that was the non-BAF figure, but it is what it is. Hasbro knows what they're doing and knew everyone would want that Extremis Iron Man, so they could have it be the one without the BAF part. Cap is the only one in this wave that I wouldn't buy on it's own (if it wasn't for the BAF part). All in all, this is a fantastic wave!!

On 11/8/2022 at 9:42 AM, Sidewinder said:

Well played, Hasbro - you included a BAF I want in a wave I wasn’t planning to buying all of. LOL  was only looking to pick up the Orb, Molecule Man, and Von Strucker. 

Now to decided if I want to buy the entire wave or chance the BAF on eBay. EBay BAF prices have been pretty high lately.

Frankly I'd like to see them do your namesake.....

Pre-Ordered a few of them, and will wait for bargain prices for the others. Really loving that new Ultimate Cap. While I'm mainly a classicist, I always loved that look for him; imo this is how he always should have looked: part superhero, part soldier. Wonder Man has now been saved for me too thanks to a most awesome suggestion from @McHogan! Anyone got an Amazon link for WM?