Marvel Legends Moonstone Thunderbolts Video Review And Images

Outsiders

Dan Who? Reviews takes a look at the new Marvel Legends Moonstone Thunderbolts from Hasbro.  This figure is sold as a Walgreens Exclusive in the United States and United Kingdom.

Check out images for this set below in our GALLERY and be sure to share your own thoughts about it in the COMMENTS SECTION.

Marvel_Legends_Moonstone_Thunderbolts_By_Dan88w_01.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Moonstone_Thunderbolts_By_Dan88w_02.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Moonstone_Thunderbolts_By_Dan88w_03.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Moonstone_Thunderbolts_By_Dan88w_04.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Moonstone_Thunderbolts_By_Dan88w_05.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Moonstone_Thunderbolts_By_Dan88w_06.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Moonstone_Thunderbolts_By_Dan88w_07.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Moonstone_Thunderbolts_By_Dan88w_08.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Moonstone_Thunderbolts_By_Dan88w_09.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Moonstone_Thunderbolts_By_Dan88w_10.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Moonstone_Thunderbolts_By_Dan88w_11.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Moonstone_Thunderbolts_By_Dan88w_12.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Moonstone_Thunderbolts_By_Dan88w_13.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Moonstone_Thunderbolts_By_Dan88w_14.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Moonstone_Thunderbolts_By_Dan88w_15.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Moonstone_Thunderbolts_By_Dan88w_16.jpg

I'll get this but would really prefer classic Moonstone or if we're trying to get a classic Thunderbolts set at least her Meteorite outfit. Hope we get a single card Ghost at this point now. 

I loved the Thunderbolts version and I love this one. I certainly love the Moonstone buck. Crazy how an older buck like this one can breath some fresh air in a field full of endless Kate Bishop and Shriek repaints.

Really wish they woulda done the Binary figure on this buck, y'know since the previous Carol Danvers figures were on it.

I kinda would've preferred that they made a whole new beefy/curvy body to replace this one entirely, since the hips were always an annoyance articulation-wise on it and it doesn't seem they've fixed it with this new update, but I am still glad they're bringing it back and breathing new life into it with the double elbows, to bring a little more body variation back to the female figures and help the body keep with the times better.

Nice upgraded face....would go great for Sue Richards. Upgraded arms are nice too, but that lazy paint job detracts.  The reduction on the torso just seems silly, the pinless legs with the pinned arms just takes us back to more laziness. Not to mention they want to sell this slapped-together thing at the increased price...So no..... this is another pass

One of my figure tragedies was getting that T bolts set, for 250 bucks. And soon after Moonstone fell off my shelf, and her leg broke off. I kinda fixed it with a pin, but it's not really sturdy. So, I guess I'll probably get this one. I do wish we had gotten one of her other many looks.

Really happy with the double-jointed arm updates, pin less legs would be great too but with "clothed" figures, I don't really think they matter that much, I hope they make that change eventually though, so we have one muscular female body and another more athletic female body with Shriek.  I hope I will be able to find her for retail. 

I sold off my T-Bolts box set years ago. I always hoped most of the figures would be released again some day. Some day has been a very long time, lol! I'll be picking this one up. Moonstone has always been one of my favorite female villains, even when she's attempting to be heroic. Her classic costume from her first appearance in The Incredible Hulk would be welcome too. As for some of those other T-Bolts, like Satana, Ghost, and Luke Cage, guess I'll just keep them on my some day list for now.

On 11/5/2022 at 9:53 AM, Jormungand said:

I sold off my T-Bolts box set years ago. I always hoped most of the figures would be released again some day. Some day has been a very long time, lol! I'll be picking this one up. Moonstone has always been one of my favorite female villains, even when she's attempting to be heroic. Her classic costume from her first appearance in The Incredible Hulk would be welcome too. As for some of those other T-Bolts, like Satana, Ghost, and Luke Cage, guess I'll just keep them on my some day list for now.

Its a shame that more groups arent sold in box sets like Thunderbolts and Alpha Flight were. See how long it takes them to complete a group....its ridiculous. The Inhumans, the Defenders, the Guardians of the Galaxy, and then there's groups that never got started at all like the Starjammers. I really wish they would commit to completing teams (the Avengers and the X-Men are harder to do because Marvel keeps adding members) within a year or so. They could've addded Rachel Phoenix to Excalibur by now, or Marrina for Alpha Flight. Box sets like that Thunderbolts are amazing and fun.

I'd love to see them do a Golden Age box set for the original characters from the Timely days that birthed what would be Marvel. Style it in a WWII footlocker box, or an ammo crate. Sweet.

On 11/5/2022 at 2:48 PM, Atlantis said:

Its a shame that more groups arent sold in box sets like Thunderbolts and Alpha Flight were. See how long it takes them to complete a group....its ridiculous. The Inhumans, the Defenders, the Guardians of the Galaxy, and then there's groups that never got started at all like the Starjammers. I really wish they would commit to completing teams (the Avengers and the X-Men are harder to do because Marvel keeps adding members) within a year or so. They could've addded Rachel Phoenix to Excalibur by now, or Marrina for Alpha Flight. Box sets like that Thunderbolts are amazing and fun.

I'd love to see them do a Golden Age box set for the original characters from the Timely days that birthed what would be Marvel. Style it in a WWII footlocker box, or an ammo crate. Sweet.

YES! I have thought the same! In addition to the ones you mentioned, I would love to get a New Mutants set in their original costumes! The sets seem to sell well too, so I can’t figure out why they wouldn’t commit to more of them.

On 11/5/2022 at 12:53 PM, Jormungand said:

I sold off my T-Bolts box set years ago. I always hoped most of the figures would be released again some day. Some day has been a very long time, lol!

Right? How crazy is it that they've never even done a general release Luke Cage. Of course they just did a Classic Power Man in the 3.75 line. I don't expect to see Satana anytime soon either. I do hope they eventually come out with a Moonstone/Ms. Marvel figure sometime as well, but with Hasbro's record they'll probably use the Kate Bishop buck instead of staying consistent with the Moonstone buck.

I'm with you all, box sets of character groups are an easy sell in my mind. And when they are made fan channel exclusives or SDCC exclusives like the Book of Vishanti, Thanos Imperative, or the Raft, they make it easier to give us deep characters that we have been asking for. Yes, they usually give us slightly changed paint app versions of characters we already have, but it has usually been worth it for all the other figures we get in the set. I could still see sets for the Defenders, Inhumans and maybe even a demonic character Darkhold book set being very attractive to collectors. I mean, can you imagine a Defenders set with classic Son of Satan, Gargoyle, Overmind, classic Valkyrie with her cape and maybe Moondragon or Devil Slayer? The channel exclusive selling model and higher price would make it fairly child-proof. And that would give Hasbro the license to give us darker, more demonically named or looking characters. The Darkhold tomb could be the perfect way to give us Mephisto, Blackheart, Nightmare, Chthon and maybe a repaint of Satana. I'm available to brainstorm these set ideas with the Hasbro Marketing Team anytime, lol!

Really loving this figure, as simple as it is, I always was a fan of this outfit for Moonstone, I'm happy with the re-release and with some updates, I always wished I had gotten my hands on that Thunderbolts set, and at least they are starting to get that box set re-released with this figure, we certainly need to see Satana and Ghost again, hopfully soon.

either way, hoping this figure gets put up for pre-order here in Canada soon.

With the specific "lessening" of the upper torso I hope this means the Moonstone buck will start to be more often used as an alternate female buck to the quickly becoming tiresome Shriek buck. Also, the Scarlet Witch buck with the shortened legs has lost it's spot in the rotation, but it was a good one. And then, whatever the hell happened to that mold they used for Rogue in the Rogue/Pyro 2 pack, the one that they were deeming the new "Powerhouse Mold"? It's a bit hard to tell because that Rogue had some sculpted lines and glued on parts that required removal before it could be used on other figures, but was that mold eventually modified into what is now the Shriek mold? Because I've never seen it since.

I've said it before- they seem to just have no idea what direction to take when the plastic is supposed to reflect a female form. Its like some kind of weird, bizzare mental block. An irrational confusion (and maybe fear?) of the female. Just make it look the way it does in the comics. If the figure is supposed to have metallic green braces around the legs, then do that. If its supposed to be an oversized ridiculous cannon that looks like a Lockheed Boeing engine used for the Apollo space program, then do that. Big, towering viking looking dude, do it. 14 year old biracial kid in a modified Spider-Man costume, DO IT.  They're able to follow this when it comes to everything else (which is why we get furious when they put a Firelord on a Sunfire/Shang-Chi buck), so they need to do it for figures that just happen to be female. 

• 4 weeks later...