Amazing Yamaguchi Spiderman 2.0 From Kaiyodo

JayC

Amazing Yamaguchi is a strange company. Their products have intentionally non traditional articulation which allows you to get them in poses you'd never be able to get your "normal" figures into but the trade is it's very hard to get them into "regular" poses beyond just the "standing there" pose. I cut my teeth on the Venom figure, which I originally bought because Hasbro couldn't figure out a way to do a decent one. I had hell with it but I eventually did get the hang of it. It still has a place in my hear and in my display. If and when I do splurge on imports AY is the one for me.

Huh, interesting that their Spidey 2.0 wouldn't be another go at the straightforward classic costume but instead is based on the Alex Ross ANAD costume/Spider-Armor Mk. 4.  Looks good though, another further step on Revoltech's recent path of "refining their figures and improving the proportions and ability to achieve more natural-looking neutral poses and whatnot while maintaining the same level of extreme poseability".

Kaiyodo is proud to present a new version of a fan-favorite in the Amazing Yamaguchi line: the amazing Spider-Man! Having taken advantage of new mobility and movement with their technology, Spider-Man is now even more playable and more expressive! By moving both sides of the torso, the shoulder blades, and additional joints to the shins, this creates the human body's "bending" as emphasized in the comics. By making the axis movable, anyone can pose it intuitively! Order yours today and add to the collection! You can pre-order this figure now at our sponsor BigBadToyStore.com.

The figure includes the following:

-3 Alternate eye plates
Normal eyes
Angry eyes
Confused eyes

-5 Pairs of hands
Normal hands
Grabbing hands
Wide open hands
Web slinging hands
Gripping hands

-4 Wide web effect pieces