Diamond Select - Marvel Select Iceman

toynewman

ToyShiz has revealed a new Marvel Select Iceman from Diamond Select.

BOBBY DRAKE aka ICEMAN Marvel Select action figure. Designed by Eamon O'donoghue & sculpted by May Thamtarana, this new 7in scale Iceman will come with 2 interchangeable heads, 2 swappable belts and his classic ice slide display base! The new Marvel Select Iceman will be available to preorder this Friday, November 18th from our sponsors BigBadToyStore.com and Entertainment Earth! He will retail for $30and will see a Summer 2023 release!

Iceman.1.jpg

Iceman.2.jpg

Iceman.3.jpg

Iceman.4.jpg

Iceman.5.jpg

Iceman.6.jpg

Iceman.7.jpg

Iceman.8.jpg

Iceman.9.jpg

This actually looks alright, emphasis on alright, just another clear Iceman, although they did this clear very well (at least from these promo pics), it looks really quite like actual ice, applause to that, but I think they always do it wrong by just making him clear, he should be clear sure, but put a frosted wash overtop of the Clear, Iceman isn't just a hollow body of ice he has organs, the stand out from this is the really nice looking Ice slide effect, that's the best one any toy company has given us.

This thing is ridiculous. Not only does it look like a 90's Toybiz figure with some added articulation, but the guys at DS don't seem to understand that guys like Human Torch and Iceman are not clear. There are people underneath the flames and ice. They are simply covering their bodies with the material their bodies generate. Sure, there are some alternate versions of the characters where their powers evolved and their bodies turn to that material, but these ain't the versions of those characters. I swear, it's like there's three or four separate teams at DS/MS, all independent of each other and devoid of communication or data sharing. Some of them do some good, fairly accurate stuff like Beta Ray Bill, then some other group goes and does some porcelain torpedo like this. It's almost like the entire reason for this figure was to make that negator belt and ice slide and the figure was just a rushed through afterthought. If I could get those two items without the figure it'd be cool. Glad I'm not a MS fan cuz there's no consistency in quality, the detail between figures differs by vast degrees, there is zero to little scale consideration and altogether there seems to be even less R&D about who these characters actually are and how their powers are represented.

On 11/14/2022 at 4:45 PM, monron999 said:

Glad I'm not a MS fan cuz there's no consistency in quality, the detail between figures differs by vast degrees, there is zero to little scale consideration and altogether there seems to be even less R&D about who these characters actually are and how their powers are represented.

Sounds just like legends lol. 

On 11/14/2022 at 8:45 PM, LordVenger said:

I like the slide however I would help to see a pic of Bobby actually using it. 

On 11/14/2022 at 10:02 PM, McHogan said:

From what I've seen of Marvel Selects articulation it won't be pretty

Yeah, I wouldn't expect too much from these jokers. Doesn't even look like they gave him a pair of ice shooting hands, which would basically be essential to putting him in any kind of pose that would show him riding the ice slide.