Marvel Legends Retro Collection Multiple Man Video Review And Images

Outsiders

Dan Who? Reviews takes a look at the new Marvel Legends Retro Collection Multiple Man from Hasbro.  This figure is available for pre-order from our sponsor Big Bad Toy Store.

Check out images for this set below in our GALLERY and be sure to share your own thoughts about it in the COMMENTS SECTION.

Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Multiple_Man_By_Dan88w_01.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Multiple_Man_By_Dan88w_02.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Multiple_Man_By_Dan88w_03.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Multiple_Man_By_Dan88w_04.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Multiple_Man_By_Dan88w_05.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Multiple_Man_By_Dan88w_06.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Multiple_Man_By_Dan88w_07.jpg

Marvel_Legends_Retro_Collection_Multiple_Man_By_Dan88w_08.jpg

I initially have only pre-ordered two of these but hope to pick more at a lower price point down the line. I have four of the older trenchcoat version from the Hasbro Apocalypse BAF wave. He was the only figure that I bought from that wave and have long since regretted not getting the others. In hind sight that was a fantastic wave. 

On 11/17/2022 at 7:15 PM, Atlantis said:

I said it before, this one should have an option to get a three pack.

I think army-builder is the way to go.  Which army-builder that they've offered so far hasn't sold out in minutes?  I reckon they'd clean up if they revisited the X-Factor uniform in that format.

On 11/17/2022 at 8:27 PM, MonsterChris said:

I think army-builder is the way to go.  Which army-builder that they've offered so far hasn't sold out in minutes?  I reckon they'd clean up if they revisited the X-Factor uniform in that format.

I searched the country up and down for those X-Factor versions and finally happened on a half dozen at JC Penney, of all places. Not usually my MO to wipe out a store's entire stock but I'd been a really nice guy to that point, always leaving at least one on the shelf, but I got mine that day, and at a 20 percent discount at that. Last I checked I have 16 of them. If they ever did an army builder I'd buy another 16.

I only ever got one chance to get that First Multiple man, and I already broke my bank at the time, so I left it (I was sure at that point I'd see him again, boy was I wrong), never got a chance again, since everybody bought as many as they could it shot up in price with a quickness, I just couldn't bring myself to pay the after market prices, so I hoped we'd see this sooner or later, and viola, I actually like this look for Multiple Man more over the X-Factor look, so I'm happy to finally get a chance at having a Multple Man in my collection. I'm glad I didn't have to wait 15 years to get a second chance at him.

On 11/18/2022 at 10:09 AM, Lord_Scareglow said:

I only ever got one chance to get that First Multiple man, and I already broke my bank at the time, so I left it (I was sure at that point I'd see him again, boy was I wrong), never got a chance again, since everybody bought as many as they could it shot up in price with a quickness, I just couldn't bring myself to pay the after market prices, so I hoped we'd see this sooner or later, and viola, I actually like this look for Multiple Man more over the X-Factor look, so I'm happy to finally get a chance at having a Multple Man in my collection. I'm glad I didn't have to wait 15 years to get a second chance at him.

How many have you preordered? 😛

I prefer this original outfit, but agree that the "gold" they used is too bland and just doesnt mesh well. I know they were going for a metallic look, because thats how the first appearance containment suit was depicted, but they need to broaden their paints because this didnt quite make it. 

Still smh that they didn't make this a multi-pack. Oh well.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/21/2022 at 10:06 AM, Lord_Scareglow said:

Haha I actually only ordered 1, I'm not an army builder, I only ever feel like having 1 of even say a Hydra Goon.

Although I've said this was wave of the year, I've only preordered 3 figures from this wave: Dark Phoenix, Spiral and possibly this MM (I don't remember if it was Jamie or LongShot that I PO'ed). I don't think the wave will be hard to come by.

I also agree the gold doesn't mesh. I wish they gave him all 3 heads a la the other Jamie. That other release was definitely the better value considering that one also came with his trench coat plus a BAF part.

On 12/3/2022 at 5:15 PM, MODADDYDODOK said:

This is my preferred costume so I’m definitely glad to get at least 1. Would like to figure out something to make the gold deco pop some more though.

A yellow or gold version of what they did in green, for Psycho-Man, would have been better. Or maybe just go with plain yellow.

Not doing this in a 2/3/multi pack was a missed opportunity; maybe not as lazy/bizarre in not giving Siryn an alt screaming head, but getting up there.....

On 12/3/2022 at 10:39 PM, Atlantis said:

A yellow or gold version of what they did in green, for Psycho-Man, would have been better. Or maybe just go with plain yellow.

Not doing this in a 2/3/multi pack was a missed opportunity; maybe not as lazy/bizarre in not giving Siryn an alt screaming head, but getting up there.....

Yah I’d say yellow would’ve been the way to go, at least. I’ve just never been a fan of how they tend to throw gold in place of what I think should be yellow.  
A 3-pack would’ve/could’ve been interesting. Maybe they’ll do that for his investigator look or whatever.

On 12/3/2022 at 9:19 PM, MODADDYDODOK said:

Yah I’d say yellow would’ve been the way to go, at least. I’ve just never been a fan of how they tend to throw gold in place of what I think should be yellow.  
A 3-pack would’ve/could’ve been interesting. Maybe they’ll do that for his investigator look or whatever.

It would work if they'd just put some effort into the paints they choose. In the first appearance of Madrox's containment suit, the yellow "sensors/electrodes/control elements" whatever, were clearly drawn as "metallic", so I see the effect they were going for. But instead their color choice came out as dull or mustard and doesn't go well with the green. I would think quality control would have seen that before production, but hey....