Hasbro Marvel Legends Live-Stream For December 2022 - X-Men 3-Packs, Deluxe Blob And More

JayC

On 12/6/2022 at 12:02 PM, Ironspider428 said:

Is it too on the nose for the rose tease to lead to the Rose? I guess the little white critter is leading to Ch'od, probably the X-Men wave BAF. Not sure what the golf club could be for...

Rose would be my guess. Not sure on the Golf Club. Did someone use one as a weapon?

There are some things I really liked about today's reveals. Cyclops was a pleasant surprise for me, really like how he turned out, I'm glad to see Corsair too and Kid Omega looks at least good (compared to Monet...). Chamber is the one I'm most excited to see and I like how he came out. Maybe I could squeeze him in my order list for next year, which is pretty huge. Kraven looks disappointing, I'd be interested, but taking a look at him..... something throws me off.

Oh nice, some really awesome reveals here I'll do my break down

X-Men 3 Pack 1 : Banshee, Psylocke & Gambit - Def a must get pack for me, really want that Banshee, and that's an awesome new headsculpt for Betsy, that's the best face yet for her, gotta have any and all Psylocke, Gambit doesn't move the needle for me but the other 2 are great. I'll get this pack on the strength of the 2 I want.

X-Men 3 Pack 2 : Storm, Jubilee & Forge - easy pass for me, I got no intention of building this training suit team, and don't really need a new Jubilee, Storm in this outfit or Forge who is basically the same as the Forge I already have

Blob - Yes, really digging this new blob, never got the first BAF, and that's fine since this is an improvement indeed, and won't have me buying multiple figures to get it.

Kraven - Best Kraven yet IMO, Walmart exclusive, ugh, but since I was silly enough to miss out on both previous Kraven's I need this one, thankfully it's my fav yet.

PS4/5 Spider-Man - super easy pass, gamerverse doesn't interest me, and when the first version of this came out, I had a zlillion chances to get it, won't get this either.

Outback Rogue - it's a nice Rogue, always was a fan of this look, and always a fan of a Rogue figure, so this will be something I'll be trying to get to add to my Rogue pile.

X-Men Wave : This is a good looking wave!, right off the jump I'm so excited to finally get 2 Gen X members! woo hoo, Chamber looks awesome, and I can't tell you how happy I am to get Monet in that outfit, I got very little problem with the face everyone is chirping on, it's not as pretty as it could be, but let's see it in hand, Fang is good looking I want that, Corsair finally and he's looking good, Kid Omega isn't the look I would have thought they'd give us, being this is a less recognizable look but the figure looks good, Emma's face is a bit odd, but she's decent, although I'd probably only get her if for a BAF piece, since I'm totally happy with the HFC figure, Cyclops is an easy pass for me unless he comes with a BAF piece.

I'm betting Ch'od is the BAF for this seeing as how they teased us Cr,reee, so therefore I'm going to get all of the figures that I need to build him, Ch'od is a highly desired figure for me.

as for the other teases, the Rose is gotta be for The Rose, that seems a no brainer, not sure about that Golfclub though..hmmm.

Wow. Exciting reveals.

It would be quite the misstep to make Fang taller than Wolverine.

The blue and yellow 3-packs look really nice together. Psylocke's hair is a little meh.

I'm glad they went for the 90's Gen X team. I wonder if M looks weird because of the armor on her costume. I also wonder how much articulation Chamber's head will allow. The rest of the team will be pretty easy to deliver, at least Husk and Jubilee.

Corsair looks like he was an easy repaint with minimal new parts. Good for them to save some money. Hopefully they can pass than on....

Rogue looks great. Saved some money with the easy repaint+headsculpt.

I like those Banshee headsculpts.

On 12/6/2022 at 11:57 AM, Sidewinder said:

I was looking up some reference and had completely forgot that in the early Generation X issues, Banshee wore his blue and yellow suit and sported muttonchops. So the 3 pack basically gives us Gen X Banshee.

I'm guessing that everyone else already knew this

I did not know that. I'm sure if I remembered hard enough I might be able to recall, but as the worst and most forgettable X-Spinoff, IMO, I really didn't care for GenX enough to bother with it. Another reason why I'm so, so, so terribly disappointed by that Monet figure. Y'know, beside the ugly colors, the ugly face sculpt and the tiny head thing.

On 12/6/2022 at 12:50 PM, Chunkylover said:

I also wonder how much articulation Chamber's head will allow. The rest of the team will be pretty easy to deliver, at least Husk and Jubilee.

It looks like Chamber's head is attached to the psionic flames, but there's enough wiggle-room that the whole head/flames combo should have pretty good range of motion (considering, anyway). Hard to tell, because they didn't provide much in the way of range of poses, but that's how it looks.

Husk and Jubilee will be easy, sure (can't wait to see Jubilee's 90s heads re-used for the fourth time), but Skin? Penance? Mondo? It's actually a team full of very strange physiology. Synch would be easy enough, but would need his own set of male-equivalent costume parts. It would be cool if they attempted some sort of sync field for him, but seems doubtful.

The real get for them starting Gen X will be Emplate, though. Can't wait for that.

On 12/6/2022 at 12:57 PM, Sidewinder said:

I was looking up some reference and had completely forgot that in the early Generation X issues, Banshee wore his blue and yellow suit and sported muttonchops. So the 3 pack basically gives us Gen X Banshee.

I'm guessing that everyone else already knew this

Yeah exactly why I want that specific version of Banshee so much, and totally stoked to see it first, despite so many people wanting his green outfit.

On 12/6/2022 at 1:10 PM, monron999 said:

I did not know that. I'm sure if I remembered hard enough I might be able to recall, but as the worst and most forgettable X-Spinoff, IMO, I really didn't care for GenX enough to bother with it. Another reason why I'm so, so, so terribly disappointed by that Monet figure. Y'know, beside the ugly colors, the ugly face sculpt and the tiny head thing.

the Generation X team in their original Red outfits has been one of my most wanted teams, and I'm so happy it looks like that is becoming a reality, Generation X was one of my favorite books when it came out, fell in love with them during the Phalanx covenent story line, and their on going series was one of the first series I bought every issue from as a younger person (before that I was pretty scatter brain buying comics, this made me a regular buyer), I hold that team dearly, so I guess it really shows how that team and those books really affected people differently, you don't care for it, I LOVE it.

I'm sure I'm not the only one who was really vocal about finally getting this team.

On 12/6/2022 at 11:50 AM, Chunkylover said:

Wow. Exciting reveals.

It would be quite the misstep to make Fang taller than Wolverine.

Yet they sure as hell screwed that pooch. I do like the Spider UK mold, but it is completely wrong for Fang. Another typical Hasbro oversight. He is listed at 5"4'. The Wolverine mold would have totally been appropriate. With a mold as specific as the Wolverine mold this was a missed opportunity for Hasbro to make good use of it for someone rather than Wolvie. I know I can't be alone in expecting that Fang would eventually make his appearance as another Wolverine figure with a swap head. Where is Dwight when all these design decisions are being made?

This was an usually good panel today! I'm most excited about that X-Men BAF wave and I do hope that Ch'od is indeed the BAF. Chamber, Corsair, Fang, Kid Omega and M all look great! I'm disappointed that they didn't show alternate heads for Fang though, hopefully that's still coming. Astonishing Cyclops is probably my favorite look for Scott so I'll likely get this update over what was one of the very early Hasbro figures. I didn't necessarily plan on getting another Emma but this looks good and likely won't pass on her. Overall this is just a fantastic wave, probably one of my favorite ever!

The biggest surprise to me was the Kraven retro figure. I'll be picking that up as I missed the two Hasbro versions and am still using a Toy Biz version. I'm very happy about this one, although I'm not thrilled that it's a walmart exclusive, but will do my best to get it when it goes up for pre-order.

I have the old Blob BAF, but this new one is a must have. I plan to buy both X-Men 3-packs and would likely buy extras if they hit clearance. I'd probably only buy Outback Rogue or Gamerverse Spidey if I saw them discounted, but I still think they're good figures. I could definitely see using that Rogue body for customs. I'd also likely buy multiples of Fang, M and the 3-packs for this same reason if I find them for reduced prices.

I do hope that the Rose tease is indeed for the character The Rose. I've been holding off on a couple of customs I had planned for him since he showed up on Rektangular's leaks. I'm very interested to eventually see who the golf club tease is for.

On 12/6/2022 at 1:22 PM, Benn said:

It looks like Chamber's head is attached to the psionic flames, but there's enough wiggle-room that the whole head/flames combo should have pretty good range of motion (considering, anyway). Hard to tell, because they didn't provide much in the way of range of poses, but that's how it looks.

Husk and Jubilee will be easy, sure (can't wait to see Jubilee's 90s heads re-used for the fourth time), but Skin? Penance? Mondo? It's actually a team full of very strange physiology. Synch would be easy enough, but would need his own set of male-equivalent costume parts. It would be cool if they attempted some sort of sync field for him, but seems doubtful.

The real get for them starting Gen X will be Emplate, though. Can't wait for that.

Oh yeah. Emplate and Penance were so cool. I loved those claws and that weird hair.

I think a Synch effect would be possible as long as there aren't too many other accessories. It wouldn't be too different than the recent Havok or Zero accessories.

Mondo would probably be the BAF, eh?

I think they actually improved the face on the blue-and-yellow Jubilee.

On 12/6/2022 at 12:25 PM, Lord_Scareglow said:

Yeah exactly why I want that specific version of Banshee so much, and totally stoked to see it first, despite so many people wanting his green outfit.

the Generation X team in their original Red outfits has been one of my most wanted teams, and I'm so happy it looks like that is becoming a reality, Generation X was one of my favorite books when it came out, fell in love with them during the Phalanx covenent story line, and their on going series was one of the first series I bought every issue from as a younger person (before that I was pretty scatter brain buying comics, this made me a regular buyer), I hold that team dearly, so I guess it really shows how that team and those books really affected people differently, you dislike it, I LOVE it.

I'm sure I'm not the only one who was really vocal about finally getting this team.

I wouldn't say I HATED it, or even disliked it, it just did not do it for me. Actually, with the lack of an actual New Mutants book at the time I had really high hopes for this one, but it was just......just. I read it, I collected it, I still have the original run, but it was just nothing that still resonates with me. I didn't like the uniforms, I didn't like any of the characters, aside from M and Jubilee (and later Chamber), and the story and action just seemed mediocre. Of course Bachalo's art is stunning, but of all things he's never been all that good at character design. The whole blood red with black leather and the yellow contrast and the chunky boots and oversized gloves and shoulder pads that looked heavy and like they just got in the way, it was a little much. It just looked so restrictive and non-functional. If it'd been one particular character's costume it would have been one thing, but as a team uniform it was all just kinda gaudy to me at the time. That being said, I suppose that's the major reason (beside the terrible head sculpt) I don't like the M figure and honestly am not excited for future GenX figures, though I will probably still buy them, TBH.

VERY glad we're finally getting Cosair and what strongly looks like a Ch'od BAF.  I'm most relieved that they went with his classic outfit, instead of the more updated variants he's had over the years.

Still have a few gripes...the headband is supposed to be blue, not red, and he's missing the gem stones on his gauntlets. Vulcan buck is better than using the Sunfire buck, but isn't he 6'3"? So he's taller than Vulcan.  A little effort to have the over-the-thigh boots molded instead of just painted (the Terrax BAF Iron Man had its flaws, but it did get that right), would've been better. 

Despite the clumsy errors, I wish Dave Cockrum had lived long enough to see this. 

On 12/6/2022 at 12:46 PM, Lord_Scareglow said:

X-Men Wave : This is a good looking wave!, right off the jump I'm so excited to finally get 2 Gen X members! woo hoo, Chamber looks awesome, and I can't tell you how happy I am to get Monet in that outfit, I got very little problem with the face everyone is chirping on, it's not as pretty as it could be, but let's see it in hand, Fang is good looking I want that, Corsair finally and he's looking good, Kid Omega isn't the look I would have thought they'd give us, being this is a less recognizable look but the figure looks good, Emma's face is a bit odd, but she's decent, although I'd probably only get her if for a BAF piece, since I'm totally happy with the HFC figure, Cyclops is an easy pass for me unless he comes with a BAF piece.

I think you might be on to something. I thought the AoA Shadowcat pictures looked terrible, but I was pleasantly surprised by the actual figure. M might look better in real life. I hope it does!

Outback Rogue, baby let’s goooo! 🙂 
Now to continue the waiting game for Colossus, Psylocke, Storm and hopefully Havok in his classic deco.

Blob looks good. He kinda reminds me of a Garbage Pail Kid though.
Fang is a missed opportunity — maybe they’ll give this costume to one of the many Wolverines to release in the future.
Super stoked for Corsair and other Starjammers but like @Atlantissaid, they painted his headband the wrong colorrrrgh!🙄
For me, everything else was just a mix of don’t-knows and/or don’t-cares. Would probably get that Chamber guy for the body though.

By in large the majority of reveals were good, but looking over and over again and scrutinizing the official pics, as I tend to do, I have two issues. Firstly, the new Forge figure, and his leg in particular, are much better than the first attempt, but man, that face sculpt is a complete downgrade. What happened there? Secondly, none too happy about them doing Rogue on the Shriek buck, or some derivative of it. If all they were gonna do is paint on the bustier top, why not do it on the correct buck? Also, at the very least, there is an ACTUAL female torso with a bustier top that they used for Scarlet Witch and Wasp and maybe a few others that don't come to mind immediately. That mold is a very underused one that would have been perfect here. I just don't understand how they make sure to make a point that the new Cyclops was done on a sculpt that would track accurately with the previous Cyclops figures, yet with Rogue they completely isht the bed, just like they do with most of the female figures. Sometimes these guys are so excited to show off their Johnsons, they can't keep from stepping on them, over and over again.

On 12/6/2022 at 3:12 PM, monron999 said:

By in large the majority of reveals were good, but looking over and over again and scrutinizing the official pics, as I tend to do, I have two issues. Firstly, the new Forge figure, and his leg in particular, are much better than the first attempt, but man, that face sculpt is a complete downgrade. What happened there? Secondly, none too happy about them doing Rogue on the Shriek buck, or some derivative of it. I just don't understand how they make sure to make a point that the new Cyclops was done on a sculpt that would track accurately with the previous Cyclops figures, yet with Rogue the completely isht the bed, just like they do with most of the female figures. Sometimes these guys are so excited to show off their Johnsons, they can't keep from stepping on them, over and over again.

Fang is baffling, if not on the Wolverine body (and it certainly looks not to be). I think Rogue is on the Scarlet Witch body, from the three-pack, etc. I think Forge's leg and head are both the same as the last version, but the new version is missing the strap over the leg, which dramatically changes its look (and obviously has different boots), and I honestly think the face might look so different just due to face-print. The hair and bandana look identical, but maybe it's just the same hair with a different face? Either way, I agree that the original looks better.

Just occurred to me, but maybe Fang will benefit from the "previewed on a different body than release" thing Hasbro loves to do. I don't know why they would ever have considered anything other than the Wolverine body, but hopefully that's what we're looking at. Spider UK was just more available for the prototype?