Hasbro Marvel Legends Live-Stream For December 2022 - X-Men 3-Packs, Deluxe Blob And More

JayC

On 12/6/2022 at 12:25 PM, Benn said:

Fang is baffling, if not on the Wolverine body (and it certainly looks not to be). I think Rogue is on the Scarlet Witch body, from the three-pack, etc. I think Forge's leg and head are both the same as the last version, but the new version is missing the strap over the leg, which dramatically changes its look (and obviously has different boots), and I honestly think the face might look so different just due to face-print. The hair and bandana look identical, but maybe it's just the same hair with a different face? Either way, I agree that the original looks better.

This new Forge is on the Vulcan body, so none of the leg can possibly be shared with the prior one that was on the Bucky Cap body simply because it wouldn't be quite the right size.

On 12/6/2022 at 2:27 PM, Benn said:

Just occurred to me, but maybe Fang will benefit from the "previewed on a different body than release" thing Hasbro loves to do. I don't know why they would ever have considered anything other than the Wolverine body, but hopefully that's what we're looking at. Spider UK was just more available for the prototype?

We can only hope, my friend, but I think most of us are familiar enough with Hasbro's act that the only thing we really expect from them anymore is to keep expecting.

On 12/6/2022 at 3:47 PM, Jeddostotle7 said:

This new Forge is on the Vulcan body, so none of the leg can possibly be shared with the prior one that was on the Bucky Cap body simply because it wouldn't be quite the right size.

Yeah, to me anyway, neither the face sculpt nor the mechanical leg on the new Forge look anything like the old one. The leg looks better, the face not so much. Even the gun is new, or at least I haven't been able to place it from anywhere else yet.

On 12/6/2022 at 5:48 PM, monron999 said:

Yeah, to me anyway, neither the face sculpt or the mechanical leg on the new Forge look nothing like the old one. The leg looks better, the face not so much. Even the gun is new, or I at least I haven't been able to place it from anywhere else yet.

Forge's gun is a repaint of rifle from the AIM soldier in the Mandroid wave and has shown up a few times in the line between now and then.
Amazon.com: Marvel Legends Captain America 6-inch Soldiers of A.I.M : Toys  & Games

I'm not sure if I really want Blob, or if I don't want him. I always say this at first about these re-releaseslike MODOK or MOJO. Then I get them and don't regret it. I do want other big figures more though, and was pretty happy with the originals until I got the new ones. Warstar and Blockbuster would be high on my list.

Seeing Fang, I feel like that face could be repainted for MCU Werewolf by Night figure. Either way we need Jack.

I was at work during the livestream, starting at the same time, so I haven't watched the livestream but from what I saw I liked it. They also did the same time last year and revealed an X-men wave, Bonebreaker, in the last livestream of the year and not the BAF. 

Here is my thoughts of the new figures:

• The Banshee 3-pack - Was going to get this set any way because of the Banshee but Psylocke and Gambit look great. don't know if I replace my main display with them though.
  • Forge 3-pack - This one is not as exciting for me as the Banshee one is Storm and Jubs look great but won't be replace what i have on display. Forge looks great but not a major upgrade for me. However, I am a waredrobe completist so will still be getting it.
  • Blob - I know I'm in a minority but this is by far a major upgrade from the BAF. This looks like it jumped right out of the comics. Have no idea where they BAF design came from. Instant buy.
  • Rogue - Nice to finally get her in this outfit. Armored Betsy can't be far behind.
  • Kraven - I don't even collect the animated versions and I'm pissed off about this. They couldn't even give him a new head?! Just a new paint job to look closer to the cartoon. Piss poor job Hasbro.
  • Gamerverse Spidey - Nice upgrade. Will get and hoping for Miles and Venom
  • Astonishing Cyclops- Nice. This will be my default Cyke for a while
  • Astonishing Emma - I think this actually looks beautiful. I saw people say she look like the old one and I have to say, you guys should go to Specsavers. 
  • Corsair - Love him and love that they are at least starting the Starjammer. Ch'Od should be the BAF but if he is not then a Pulse 2-pack with Raza. Leave Hezi for another wave.
  • Kid Omega - Not the costume I would have choice but looking back at it, this is the only "toy like" that he has worn.
  • Monet - Delighted they went with the Gen-X version. Looking at the image it seem her head look small because of the way the shoulder pads are positioned. 
  • Chamber - Been wanting this guys for a while and he looks awesome. Don't even care that he doesn't come with an alt head. this and Corsair are the figures of the wave for me.
  • Fang- Agreed he is too tall and am extremely surprised that he doesn't come with a Wolverine head and claws. But hey, another Imperial Guard. If the BAF isn't Ch'Od then maybe Warstar on the Iron Monger build? or Titan?
  • Rose = The Rose obviously but I also think the club maybe his as well. I remember one of the rose's, Conover I think, was seen playing golf on a roof top.

On 12/6/2022 at 5:26 PM, tarot said:

• Monet - Delighted they went with the Gen-X version. Looking at the image it seem her head look small because of the way the shoulder pads are positioned.

No sir. Just based on the fact that you do have a pretty discerning eye I went back and looked at the pictures of M again. Then I did it in dim lighting. Then I squinted my eyes real tight. Then I acted like I didn't know who Monet was and what she looked like. I even did the Hasbro team favorite and tried to blame it on Google, but to no avail. In the end I looked at her face size versus her hand size and the hand size of other female figures. She definitely has a bad case of Beetlejuice head going on, no matter how you spin it. Whether there's still time to rectify this issue is something only the ML team can address, but history tells me we are stuck with it. At least until the decide to do a modern Monet. Whenever that may be.

I'm digging Emma Frost and Cyclops (although the face on Emma isn't 100% right in my opinion, I like the Walgreens long haired one better).
The X-Men 3 Packs is a genius move on Hasbro's part, I don't think I would have gotten these figures if they had been released over a few waves, having the whole team in one fell swoop makes me want the figures a lot more.
Blob is ok but I think I'm one of the few that actually prefer the more gross looking BAF made previously, this one looks a little too young looking IMO
I dont really care for Gen X but that Chamber could be a great civilian fodder, we'll just have to see how the chest/neck is molded under the big flaming head since its a new chest piece.

No big surprises as all the reveals were already predicted to be those. But I am really excited to have more of the mutant teams and X-Men related characters, like Generation X and Starjammers. I was not expecting to have the more recent look for Kid Omega and it is an welcome surprise, although I also like his more teenager design. And think Gen X suit is not my favorite for Monet and also agree there is something a bit off for her headsculpt, but I am happy that looks like they are planning to have more figures of this 90s team. Hope Ch'od is the BAF and seems like Raza is coming just after as they said they will use the Vulcan buck for another Starjammer. Hope Hepzibah doesn't take long to finally get in Legends form and the same for other Gen X characters. Let's just make Hasbro remember that there are still a lot of overdue characters to complete other teams they started, like Destiny, Feral, a real Wolfsbane with human swappable head and limbs, and the rest of the members of the Marauders, just to quote a few. Looking forward to my hands in all those new figures and to have even more X-Men releases for 2023!!

Overall a pretty good livestream. Excited for the 3 packs. Upset mainly at the single joint arms of Jubilee.

Chamber looked good along with Rogue. Looking forward to building Gen X and Outback X-Men. Corsair also looked good but I think I need to stay away from building another team.

Speaking of Gen X I was disappointed in that Monet figure. I think her and Astonishing Emma Frost were 2 of the worst head sculpts.

On 12/6/2022 at 4:51 PM, NotNamed said:

Why did they make Corsair's headband red? They just have to screw up one or two aspects of a design.

Very glad we're finally getting a Corsair, but you are correct to be annoyed. A while back I posed the question- are they doing these things out of incompetence, or on purpose ( I was told to go soak my head, but the results speak for themselves)?   No sonic scream for Siryn, Dormammu's eyes and mouth, Dr. Strange, Quicksilver, Madame Hydra, Firelord....hmmmm....

Sure, there are those that will say these are just nitpicking. I say, its either accurate, or its not.  We're not paying a dollar for some generic, happy meal type figures. Accuracy is the least they could do. Say what you will about the old DC Universe Classics line, they at least got the colors and costumes right 99% of the time.

On 12/6/2022 at 6:04 AM, JayC said:

Today Hasbro is holding a live-stream with the Marvel Legends brand team (Dwight, Dan & Ryan) where they will be showing off new products for the coming year. Among other things we expect them to full reveal the two X-Men 60th Anniversary Yellow And Blue X-Men 3-Packs which feature figures of (Forge, Jubilee, Storm) and (Banshee, Gambit, Psylock) as well as the new Deluxe Blob figure. You can expect these to go up for pre-order this coming Thursday (12/8)

22-Dec-Marvel-Legends-Live-10 4.jpg

22-Dec-Marvel-Legends-Live-10.jpg

I know a lot of fans don't like the high heels because its hard to get them to stand, but I've always liked them and it looks like the team have worked it out. On characters like Emma these heels are a natural for their outfits. Having said that, that face sculpt looks like something they did in a few panels, true; its not awful, by any means. I just wouldve used it for someone like Warrior Woman. My biggest concern is that while the cape looks outstanding, it looks like its going to severely hamper articulation. They really do need to start looking at soft goods now and then.

• The Banshee 3-pack -  Easily a must get, Banshee is figure that really needed an update, Gambit will become Joseph and I'll look through for mead box for Betsy.
  • Forge 3-pack - Looks nice, but not a big a draw as Banshee's set.
  • Blob - Must get, looks great and fills in a huge gap in the Brotherhood.
  • Outback Rogue -  Love the head sculpt, but the rest of the costume is boring, might get reduced
  • Retro Kraven -  Love it, another tug on the nostalgia heartstrings
  • Gamerverse Spidey - Loons great, wish we got a new web line effect though
  • Astonishing Cyclops-  Never wowed by the look and the energy effect is reminding me of the bad idea of the X-Factor Scott.
  • Astonishing Emma -  Solid, need to see a better shot of the head sculpt but deciding
  • Corsair - Looks great, will be picking him up.
  • Kid Omega -  I hate the character and this figure looks horrible. I wouldn't touch it even if I was paid.
  • Monet -  The head looks too small, which is a shame.
  • Chamber -  Strange he isn't in the same outfit as M, but he looks great, so I'll be getting him
  • Fang-  Why is there no Logan  parts or even body. What's with Hasbro's choices of accessories they days?
  • Rose - Yes, the Rose, now where's the Black Tarantula?
  • Golf Club - Could be anyone, even any of the Avengers, play golf for Sport Cars in Hickman's run.
  • Cr'reee - With all the clues, they might as well have announced Ch'od as the BAF.

For me personally I am getting Blob cause I don't have the BAF and think it looks good. Green Rogue will be a must and Corsair. I'd be interested in Ch'od but not sure it will be worth getting the whole X-Men wave to complete him if that ends up being the BAF.

Emma and Cyclops look good but I am fine with the versions I already have. I never really liked GenerationX so those figures don't hold much interest for me and would rather see Hasbro complete my X-Force and X-Factor teams before starting another X-Team. Fang is a maybe but not a character I find super exciting.

I have no interest in the X-Men 3-packs though I do hope Hasbro gets us that Banshee in traditional yellow and green outfit soon.

PS Spidey and Kraven look good but again I am fine with the versions I already have.

If the rose was a tease for a new The Rose figure than I will get that. I have no clue about the golf club but it does remind me of something you would see a gangster use to club someone over the head with. IDK if that was ever something we saw the Rose do in the comics but that was my first thought when I saw it.

On 12/7/2022 at 5:44 AM, tarot said:

About the red Headband for Corsair, yes in the classic color it's blue but.....During the war of kings.....It's the same thing they did with Havok (ironically) a modern interruption of a classic design.

148093-130344-corsair.jpg

Corsair.webp

If that's the excuse, they still blew it because the collar and sash are wrong then.

I'm glad they didn't go with that version, the classic one is the best.

On 12/7/2022 at 12:02 PM, watanabefan said:

He is supposedly on the Renew Your Vows body since he has toe articulation. 

Yes, he is on the Renew Your Vows buck. Both this one and Kid Omega are, though it is a bit much for KO. I don't know if anyone else noticed but the few times they referred to the RYV buck during the event they just kinda low-key glossed over it as the Spider-Man buck", no further specification. Makes me wonder if they're more or less done with the Pizza Spidey buck altogether. I know a lot of people had some serious disdain for that mold but in reality it was actually a good mold. It was totally great for smaller framed characters around the 150 lb, 5'8" to 5'11" area. It still has plenty of use in it. Actually it shoulda been used for Kid Omega, as well as Pyro and Speedball.

On 12/7/2022 at 8:23 PM, monron999 said:

Yes, he is on the Renew Your Vows buck. Both this one and Kid Omega are, though it is a bit much for KO. I don't know if anyone else noticed but the few times they referred to the RYV buck during the event they just kinda low-key glossed over it as the Spider-Man buck", no further specification. Makes me wonder if they're more or less done with the Pizza Spidey buck altogether. I know a lot of people had some serious disdain for that mold but in reality it was actually a good mold. It was totally great for smaller framed characters around the 150 lb, 5'8" to 5'11" area. It still has plenty of use in it. Actually it shoulda been used for Kid Omega, as well as Pyro and Speedball.

No no. Kid Omega is on the smaller Amazing Fantasy body. Gamerverse Spidey is on the RYV body. They are 2 different builds.