Hasbro Marvel Legends Live-Stream For December 2022 - X-Men 3-Packs, Deluxe Blob And More

JayC

There are a lot of great reveals but sadly most problematic are the ones I need to get, WTF is with Emma's face? Are they homaging Annihilus Wave 1 Emma? Couldn't they reuse a perfectly fine head sculpt from the previous Emma figure? Also, why does Rogue have 5head? I really hope we won't get another retro Invisible woman situation again. 

On 12/7/2022 at 2:25 PM, tarot said:

No no. Kid Omega is on the smaller Amazing Fantasy body. Gamerverse Spidey is on the RYV body. They are 2 different builds.

Okay, I see it now. I didn't get the Amazing Fantasy Spidey so I didn't realize they were separate builds. I guess somewhere in my journey to be more selective of what I buy I realized I didn't need EVERY Spidey. I do see the difference though, but it still doesn't change the fact that it's still a little much for a character like KO who doesn't necessarily have a need to be extra flexible. I'm all for mixing up the sculpts to get as much variety as possible but stuff like this just makes it worse when they use a buck like this for a character like KO and then turn around, and I guarantee they will, and not use it on a character where it is appropriate, but instead use a more restrictive or improperly scaled buck. We already see something similar with Fang. Sure, I love the Spider UK buck, but if there was ever ANY other character in the Marvel Universe that would have been appropriate for the Wolvie buck it would a been the 5'4" Fang. Literally the two shortest "Regular" sized male characters in the entire MU with similar muscular builds and they still manage to screw it up. I have a feeling they did it on purpose do they can do Wolverine in Fang costume in either a future X-Men wave or, more likely, a multipack where they'll have us all clamoring to get it so we can swap out the heads and build a proper Fang. Hasbro's shady like that.

On 12/7/2022 at 5:03 PM, monron999 said:

Literally the two shortest "Regular" sized male characters in the entire MU with similar muscular builds and they still manage to screw it up. I have a feeling they did it on purpose do they can do Wolverine in Fang costume in either a future X-Men wave or, more likely, a multipack where they'll have us all clamoring to get it so we can swap out the heads and build a proper Fang. Hasbro's shady like that.

Mmhm agreed. Like I said a page or 2 back, this is such a missed opportunity. I would’ve gotten 2 of these if he had been on the Wolverine buck.  
Just another one of those figures you look at and wonder wth they were thinking. I wouldn’t be surprised at all if this is one of their dirty little games being played here, like they tend to do from time to time. I definitely wanna see Wolverine happen in the Fang suit still. Maybe for good measure, they’d include a Fang head with a stoic expression or something.

On 12/7/2022 at 4:31 PM, MODADDYDODOK said:

"...Just another one of those figures you look at and wonder wth they were thinking. I wouldn’t be surprised at all if this is one of their dirty little games being played here, like they tend to do from time to time..."

Youre right and what really gets me, is that its so very uncalled for. Banshee's non screaming head vs the screaming one for example. What, his mutton chops disappear when he useds the sonic scream?? Are they gonna pull that for the classic green/yellow outfit too, just to make sure we buy it? Does any true fan really gonna buy the one and not the other? Oy!

On 12/8/2022 at 7:33 AM, Atlantis said:

Youre right and what really gets me, is that its so very uncalled for. Banshee's non screaming head vs the screaming one for example. What, his mutton chops disappear when he useds the sonic scream?? Are they gonna pull that for the classic green/yellow outfit too, just to make sure we buy it? Does any true fan really gonna buy the one and not the other? Oy!

He can grow mutton chops at will, it's his secondary mutation.

On 12/8/2022 at 1:33 AM, Atlantis said:

Hah if they give the classic green version 2 heads, watch the chops be on the screaming head and not the other + also have different skin/hair paint than the blue version’s 😄

Anyway, I have nearly zero interest in the 3-packs. The ladies look excellent imo but I’m just not liking the guys enough. Forge’s head doesn’t look very Jim Lee inspired. And this high-riding thigh band they all share just won’t—stop—bugging me! If that was done all for the sake of hiding the thigh cut then why didn’t they do that to the women? Or was it so they didn’t have to make new thighs for Wolverine? Are his hips the same piece as theirs? Whatever, I dunno.
If these sets ever see a significant price drop, I might reconsider picking them up. But until then, they remain a hard pass in my book.

On 12/8/2022 at 3:33 PM, Atlantis said:

Yes. Dwight mentioned that he designed Banshee's heads in different period for collectors to custom the green one before they reveal it in the future. A bit of shameless for an official Hasbro designer to say that lol

What wrong with M is not her head, but her body. She and Husk were just teen girl at Gen X team and weren't that tall, and the shriek body mold looks too mature for them.

Those big armor have different versions in different artists' running. Even Chris Bachalo changed it for three times. Hasbro chose the version I personally dislike most, when Bachalo's drawing became so strange. Yet they still didn't do it right. Those strange dots should be the buckles! I will keep making the first version of Gen-X suit.

Well at least Chamber is perfect.😇

On 12/8/2022 at 9:41 AM, Mochan said:

Yes. Dwight mentioned that he designed Banshee's heads in different period for collectors to custom the green one before they reveal it in the future. A bit of shameless for an official Hasbro designer to say that lol

So are they hinting that they are going to release a green Banshee but with only one head? That would be really dumb.

On 12/8/2022 at 6:39 PM, leokearon said:

So are they hinting that they are going to release a green Banshee but with only one head? That would be really dumb.

No one knows when and what will happen. Until now we still not get a complete Lilandra figure.

And this is not the first time. Cannonball in the X-force three pack has an alternate head with square goggles, which should match with his later X-force suit.

Initially I was disappointed with Forge's face sculpt, but these pictures are much better and it actually doesn't look all that bad. Now if we can just get new pictures of Fang where it is clear that the previous pictures only look like he was done on the Spider UK buck but is actually on the Wolverine buck we'd be all good. Monet's head is still tiny, and does anyone other than me think that Emma face sculpt looks like Snooki from Jersey Shore?

On 12/8/2022 at 4:30 PM, MeGrimlock78 said:

I'm disappointed that Wolverine's colours don't quite match.  Looks like he got the "deluxe" belt too, with molded X instead of a printed one like the rest of the team.

Minor quibbles, I know, but when trying to make a unified look...

I'm pretty sure the colors will match.  JayC just grabbed pictures from different sources for his collages above.  But when Dan pulls out the in-package Wolverine and holds him up, it looks good to me.

2140877715_Screenshot(493).thumb.png.24f3bc103fc526cabe9bdaa4b3cf8ca4.png

I do think it's expensive but 25 per figure is the standard now (as much as I hate it) and this is relatively cheap for what is an anniversary line. But at least they got this short-lived team out of the way.

As for Blob, they did mention he was part of the same subline as Mojo, Modok and Hydra Stomper and given his girt, I did expect him to be the same price. Expensive yes but the figure is miles better then the BAF. 

On 12/8/2022 at 3:47 AM, Mochan said:

No one knows when and what will happen. Until now we still not get a complete Lilandra figure.

And this is not the first time. Cannonball in the X-force three pack has an alternate head with square goggles, which should match with his later X-force suit.

I wonder if the previous Lilandra head would be compatible with their new body