Hasbro Marvel Legends Live-Stream For December 2022 - X-Men 3-Packs, Deluxe Blob And More

JayC

Pricey but exciting day!  I picked up one of everything. 

Uncanny X-Men 277 is one of my all-time favorite comics. While their appearance in that book is slightly different than the cover to 275 (Banshee doesn’t have the collar, Gambit has a jacket), it is close enough.

I’m just thankful I can get the entire team in one swoop. I wish Hasbro would do more of that.

Thrilled with the Blob. He looks like he just walked out of a Byrne era X-Men comic.  I’ve never liked that Blob BAF, but when that’s all you have - that’s all you have.

This is my favorite Rogue outfit of all time. The Marvel Legends body used is certainly not my favorite of all time.  I think the headsculpt is nice, but would have preferred straighter hair.  Seemed like Silvestri always drew her with larger straight hair. It wasn’t until she came out of the Siege Perilous that her hair had a lot of curl in it. 

It’s a great day to be a Marvel Legends X-Men fan/collector!

On 12/8/2022 at 3:57 PM, 80sboy4 said:

I really like that Blob but at $56 I just don't think it's worth it, you would think that with the windowless packaging that Hasbro would keep the price the same as before. Might have to buy him anyway as the BAF is pretty expensive now.

Not much interest in Blob, but wasn't aware its nearly SIXTY DOLLARS. For what? NO. Uh Uh. 

They are gonna make up for losing out on that Ghost Rider haslab aren't they? BWHAHAH

On 12/9/2022 at 6:24 AM, Atlantis said:

Not much interest in Blob, but wasn't aware its nearly SIXTY DOLLARS. For what? NO. Uh Uh. 

They are gonna make up for losing out on that Ghost Rider haslab aren't they? BWHAHAH

Yeah, we have exclusive tax, now we have failed Haslab Tax

On 12/8/2022 at 1:03 PM, JayC said:

Today's pre-orders are now available at places like our sponsors BigBadToyStore.com and Entertainment Earth and will help you round out these teams.

Fjd88FjWQAArarc.jpg

Fjd88FCXoAIgemR.jpg

Fjd88_rXwAYA7cD.jpg

I like these pictures. I really want that Xavier now. I'm sure we'll be waiting until the 70th anniversary for Crimson Commando, Silver Saber, and Stonewall, but I hope not. 

On 12/8/2022 at 4:39 AM, leokearon said:

So are they hinting that they are going to release a green Banshee but with only one head? That would be really dumb.

I dont know they have both heads sculpted already as well as the chest with the collar and the ports for the wings I can see them re-releasing banshee as part of a Retro Wave type of figure or a Giant Size X-Men pack or some other way with minor changes to this mold (they practically only need to change the forearms and legs that came with vulcan and just tweak them to be able to plug in the wing pieces, paint it green and yellow and remove the belt, they dont even need to sculpt new heads just include these same ones).
Now if they wanted to make that figure stand out they'd sculpt new heads that would fit the existing hair pieces (a shouting head with the big mutton chops hair piece and a neutral hair for the regular hair piece, that way if you bought the 3-pack and then the green version you could have a screaming and neutral expression for both hair styles)

On 12/8/2022 at 3:57 PM, 80sboy4 said:

"...really like that Blob but at $56 I just don't think it's worth it, you would think that with the windowless packaging that Hasbro would keep the price the same as before..."

Agree, it doesn't look like its worth it, said the same thing about the MODOK when it first came out. Didn't surprise me that not long after, collectors could find it more reasonably priced at a number of retail outlets.

And again, as I often say, I'm not saying the figure is worthless, just saying its not worth that price. 

• 2 weeks later...

Hasbro has confirmed they will be revealing something for Marvel Legends tomorrow (12/20) which is something we have been seeing them do all year long in celebration of Marvel Legends' 20th Anniversary. So what might we see?

I can't say for sure but odds seem pretty high that it will be the Build-A-Figure for the next comic book based X-Men wave Hasbro showed off earlier this month.

Just to recap that wave will include the following figures:

-Astonishing Cyclops (With smoking blast effect. Uses all new parts and same scale as the Vulcan body)

-Astonishing Emma Frost

-Corsair (Using the Vulcan body)

-Kid Omega (Using the smaller pin-less Amazing Spider-Man size body with telekinetic blaster and glasses)

-Monet (Double pin-less arms and legs)

-Chamber (Has an all new translucent head)

-Fang

Based on clues Hasbro has given us the going favorite for the Build-A-Figure for this wave is the Starjammers chracter Ch'od. That is a guess however so we will have to see if that turns out to be right or not.

As for why I think that odds are good that the BAF is tomorrow's reveal, well that wave should be going up for pre-order in early January and Hasbro has already shown us all the other figures in the wave. I can tell you that besides the X-Men wave there are a few other things we should be seeing for Marvel Legends next month, but I still think the chances are better for the BAF to be tomorrow's reveal than anything else. Whatever is shown tomorrow, you can bet we will have full coverage of it as it happens right here on MarvelousNews like always.

BaF Ch'od certainly seems the most likely.  That speculated Spiderman NWH wave could be as well, but I feel they'll hold that until a con.

Yeah, X-Men BAF makes the most sense. Pretty much everything else left is either part of a wave or tied into a movie, and I'm assuming the former (NWH, Avengers 60th, Infinity Saga, etc) will be saved for cons and livestreams and the latter (Ant-Man, Marvels, GOTG) will be closer to the time of the movie's release.

Oh but this is the last reveal on the 20th isn't it? If it's the BAF and the preorder for the wave, it'll be a pretty good final 20th reveal.

I hope it is Ch'od, but if not, who else? I am hoping for Blockbuster, or Warstar. Maybe Forearm? As soon as someone mentioned Ch'od on the Abomination body I cringed. It will be though. Even if that torso and arms won't be able to hold a big gun with two hands.